Brown Eyes

kissablekae...i use Pruenelle Kohl from Mac on my lower eye rim and Smolder Kohl on my upper lid, i trace it inside not outside the lid...it gives a strong defintion and brings out my eye colour....i've been addicted to Purenelle since four years ago when i read in Instyle magazine that Eva Mendez uses it...
I've also used the Bellisimi eyeshadow duo i told you about and it works fabolous...i noticed that purples do compliment brown eyes...

btw i just ordered the teddy kohl u mentioned, thought i might as well try it out...but i love purenelle.

thank you Dulcisima! :flower: i have been looking for a nice purple liner for a while but couldnt pick one! ill definitely check that out and im for sure getting Smolder eye kohl because its been on & off my wish list for a while. i also wanna check out Blooz which is an intense blue with blue shimmer. i hope you like Teddy kohl, i think its especially pretty on lower eyes cuz it really catches the light even in pictures.

this is my Key Lime look for brown & Asian eyes(reposting in there too!)

channeling Lady Gaga with one eye covered B)
004.jpg

021.jpg

006.jpg

034.jpg

026.jpg

* Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette : light lime green on inner half & tear
- small eyeshadow brush

* Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette : medium lime green on outer half
- small eyeshadow brush

* Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette : pale gold nude on brow bone sparingly
- large fluffy eyeshadow brush

* Maybelline Ultra Liner waterproof liquid in Black on top and bottom

* Shiseido Eye Lash Curler

* Maybelline Lash Stylist waterproof mascara in Very Black

my camera didnt pick up the two different greens very well but it wasnt super contrasted shades, they blended well together obviously :lol: the light green was more pearly and medium green more vibrant.

all pictures of of me and by me

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you aadina! :smile: <- i made sure to give you a smiley face then i saw that your location is a smiley face as well! :lol:

Kisseable, i've been experminenting quite alot with eyeshadows but not bold colours like the one you posted..i dont think i can wear them, its just not "me" . However, it does look stunning on you.
Nars has this new eyeshadow colour out, i think its limited edition its called Grendinne or something like that its dark pinkish/purple, i just placed an order for that, and i think browns, taupes and mauves are great compliments to brown eyes.

thank you loonaka, that is seriously one of the best compliments ever! ive always been jealous of my sisters's eyelashes because theirs have always been longer. but i have to warn you guys against lash extensions because it seriously made my sister's lashes so much shorter. my sister is thinking of getting her lashes permed which is cool but i think i'll stick with my Shiseido Lash Curler because i cant imagine the fight my lashes would put up during the liquid liner process! lashes, get out da way! :angry:

thanks Dulcisima. i was never a lime green girl myself, i usually into the natural/extremely minimal look but when i go all out i GO ALL OUT! :woot: good thing i work dinner shifts in a casual enviroment, it allows me to experiment A LOT. that Nars color sounds pretty and you know i loveee pinks & purples! :wink:

so here is my beloved MAC Teddy kohl liner that ive worn since like '05.
teddyminkhoneylust0.jpg

^ Teddy with Covergirl Mink e/s is amazing. its seriously an e/s i always go back to because its so easy to wear. my sisters are addicted to it as well. in the pan it looks exactly like MAC Honey Lust! lol this picture is from August '08 when i still brown hair & brows! if your wondering why one side is a different color : the blonde highlights were only under my hair so it peeked when i would flip it/move etc.

teddylight.jpg

^ Teddy going solo! :lol: no eyeshadow to distract and taken in natural light. strawberry blonde November '08.

last night(Monday!). this is what i wore to the mall/MAC counter where i did some seriously damage. this look is nothing crazy really just a swipe of lavendar e/s, its pretty enough to just be worn a lot & look dreamy.

asphyxia002c2.jpg

asphyxia004c.jpg

asphyxia005c.jpg

* Urban Decay Primer Potion
- which my lovely sis got me just cuz; she knew ive been wanting it!

* Urban Decay Asphyxia all over the lid and lower tear :heart:
- small eyeshadow brush and angled brush

* Maybelline Ultra Liner waterproof in Black(new love obviously!)^_^

* Shiseido Lash Curler(always)

* Maybelline Lash Stylish waterproof in Very Black
- this is dramatic enough to stand out against all that crazy liquid liner

all pictures of me by me

You're welcome^^ My lashes are so short I really hate..I sometimes use fake ones but it's not for everyday use..

^ my younger sister used natural looking falsies everyday for a while and they are sooo damn gorgeous on her. its funny because she is really good at putting them on too but she cant do liquid liner like i can! (but she does use MAC Fluidline because its less liquidy and more steady). we all have our strengths and weaknesses right?

unfortunately i havent put much effort to learn how to put falsies on myself. i tried for a few days and ended up late to everywhere i was going and gave up! i bought a few pairs of natural looking ones with the intention of practicing during the entire month of October because i knew on Halloween i wouldnt have my sister there to put them on for me(she was at work). i think as long as you dont get the glue on your lashes you dont have to worry about it ruining your lashes. if anything, things like waterproof mascara are way more bothersome to lashes than falsies that are applied correctly.

so basically Halloween ‘08’s falsies were full of fail cuz it was all on me to get those buggers on. And no I didn’t get them on! I looked fine without them though but i would have preferred to have that nice lil accent to my Cupid costume. For Halloween ‘06 my older sister helped me put on some crazy, what I call ‘fairytale’ lashes because they remind me of cartoons, super long curly and less dense. It was appropriate because that year I was Lil’ Red Riding Hood!

Inspiration : Versace gold & brown smokey eyes
lilyversacestyle.jpg

^ Lily Donaldson, backstage @ Versace
vladaversacestylecap.jpg

^ screen cap from Styledotcom of Vlada Roslyakova's eye
As well as Anna Sui spring 07 RTW gold lids & Valentino gold inner corners.
I love Pat McGrath, she’s a genius & my fave!

lilred.jpg

lilred02.jpg

lilred03.jpg

lilred04.jpg

* MAC Mulch e/s : golden reddish brown flecked with golden bronze shimmer all over lid as a dark base for Romp

* MAC Romp e/s : chocolate laced with gold on top of the Mulch
- small e/s brush

*MAC Golden Lemon pigment :
macgoldenlemonpigmentsample.jpg

i was going to buy the full size which is like $20 just for Halloween but lucky they were out and just gave me a sample which i still have and havent used up! SCORE! lemony gold obviously, topped over EVERYTHING. heavily patted on all over the browns on my lids, applied very sparingly so that it’s a super sheer gold on brow bone & on my brows to match my hair(sparkly brows are only acceptable on Halloween when you are as fierce as Lil Red Riding Hood). this is the one night I can have a disco bomb face to match the disco bomb body…

…courtesy of Jerome Russell gold & silver glitter body spray
jeromerussellhairbodygoldsilverglit.jpg

…haha I had medium ash brown hair at the time and wanted the fantasy aspect even further. So I sprayed my hair with Jerome Russell Ash Blonde temporary hairspray
jeromerussellbeblonde5.jpg

(spray as you would hairspray and comb through with plastic wide tooth comb because you can wash the spray off the comb). Can you tell ive been in love with the idea of blonde hair for a while?

- small e/s brush(lid), large fluffy e/s brush(brow bone), angled brush(brows)

* MAC Teddy kohl liner : top and bottom

* Shiseido Lash Curler

* Maybelline Full n Soft waterproof mascara in Very Black : to hold curl/blend lashes to falsies

* Andrea falsies $3 & Lash Duo : these are the exact ones
andrea453.jpg

Pictures of me by me, Styledotcom : Versace, & Walgreens : products

Thanks so much for posting again kissablekae it's really inspiring to see all the looks you've created^^

^ no problem at all Loonaka. its fun for me. ive always been really into makeup so now i share :smile: i mean i REMEMBER my entire Halloween '06 makeup process because i was really excited about dressing up and planned it all out down to the last detail.

Natural “Flutterby” falsies
These are the natural looking falsies that you can wear everyday that my younger sister put on for me. It was for my DMV photo! Yes funny story time. I actually didn’t even need to renew my I.D., I just had to retake a picture so my younger sister could use it to go out(clubbin’, bars etc she’s wild child lol). None of us really look a like so I had to wear my makeup the way my sister usually does. Smokey eyes, boldly lined, and her signature what I call ‘flutterby!’ lashes.

naturalfalsies02.jpg

* Covergirl Mink e/s : medium neutral peach all over the lid as a shimmery base as an outline for darker color
- fluffy e/s brush. this is one of the few peaches I like. I havent swatched MAC Honey Lust e/s yet but I swear in the pan its an exact dupe for Mink(so you can try Mink cuz its cheaper)

* MAC Romp e/s : over most of the lid but leaving a bit of Mink on the upper part of lid as a ‘fade out’
- small e/s brush

* Revlon Skinlights loose power in Fair/Light : brow bone
- fluffy brush/fingers, don’t matter really either one works

* MAC Teddy Kohl liner : top and bottom

* Shiseido Lash Curler
* Andrea falsies & Lash Duo :

andrea53.jpg

Enough though I think this brown look turned out okay im not really into it browns anymore. Also, I wanted something lighter for work since I was working lunch shift. I took off all the shadow with face moisturizer on a q-tip. Then put *shock* one of my all time faves Urban Decay Asphyxia and kept the Teddy liner + Andrea falsies *_* <- falsies face!

naturalfalsies.jpg

Pictures of me by me, Walgreens : Andrea

I have hazel eyes and I generally go for the light pinks. I do wear a bronze on occasion. Since my hair color is relatively light, I wear brown eyeliner and mascara.

Very nice green color for your eyes Kissablekae that you posted a while ago....looks awesome.

thanks Bikini-Hotline :smile:

Shotgun Smolder
pink for dinner out last night :smile: these pictures came out a bit warmer than usual...

shotgunsmolder005a.jpg

shotgunsmolder008a.jpg

shotgunsmolder009a.jpg

shotgunsmolder012a.jpg

shotgunsmolder014a.jpg

shotgunsmolder011a.jpg

^ lol im definitely *~smiling with my eyes~* in the third photo & in the last photo you can see the slight blueness of the Smolder liner! IM NOT CRAZY.

* Urban Decay Primer Potion

* Urban Decay Wallpaper palette, Shotgun : all over lid but more on middle-outer and eye socket
shotgunsmolder003a.jpg

* Coastal Scents 88, the pinks with the *'s next to them
shotgunsmolder001a.jpg

shotgunsmolder001b.jpg

^ close up. the one on the left is the pale pink shimmer on brow bone.
the one on the right is very similiar to Shotgun but more lighter/pearly on inner 1/3 of lid

* MAC Smolder eyekohl : top and bottom. its hard to use on the bottom because i hate too intense or lines as thick as the top...on the bottom of the eye because it makes eyes look like they are upside down! this pencil is different from Teddy eyekohl because the pigmentation is so much more saturated, its a big smudgy mess if you do make mistakes. some of Smolder got on my hand and wouldnt come off with regular hand soap, i had to use face cleanser.

* Shiseido Lash Curler

* Maybelline Lash Stylist in Black : always on top only because my bottom lashes are pretty long and with mascara its scary as hale

all pictures are by me

Olivia Palermo, The City

i watched Laguna Beach, The Hills, Newport Harbor, & now The City and i have to say i love Olivia Palermo's big brown eyes! and she has a nice face and hair etc but that would fit in a different thread...

olivia-mtv.jpg

op-1.jpg

op02-1.jpg

op03.jpg

sources : MTV & DKS

more Olivia Palermo :heart: my girl crush

i kinda of did an Olivia inspired look but my camera is spazzin' out again...the screen seriously looks like something out of a horror film :shock:. i want a new one! i hear Canon is the best and Nikon isnt too shabby but im so bad at tech stuff. how am i supposed to choose one? just pick the prettiest one? and where is my older sister when i need her! btw i call her BROTHER BEAR because she is such a tomboy(she is the go-to person for help with electronics, computer, car stuff etc). she hates it when i call her that BRO BEAR because she is scared people are gonna think she used to be a dude or something, im like "girl, you too pretty! *~dont worrry~*" :lol:

olivia03.jpg

olivia.jpg

olivia02.jpg

^ in the last photo, she makes the cutest face

CoverGirl Mink all over the lid.

with Coastal Scents 88 shimmer palette 'lighter/pearly Mink dupe' color pressed onto the inner 1/3 of the eye...on top of the CG mink, it wont show other wise its very light sheer. i love the palette because it has a lot of 'dupe colors' that i dont want to spend $ on buying individually.

brow bone shimmer is optional but CS 88 palette has a great selection in different pale shimmer shades like pink, peachy nude, gold etc i used a peachy nude one.

i used a Dior 5 color palette in EarthGlow, the medium matte brown shade that looks similar to O(livia)'s. im not a big fan of matte eyeshadows at all because unless you've got strong/deep set eyelids it can make eyes look a little flat especially from a distance. so i layered the Dior shadow over my shimmery shadows. i used a fluffy e/s brush starting at the outer corner of eye socket and blending it inwards so that it gets lighter. i dont put any of this Dior shadow on the creases because i want that to be shimmery for my eyes to *pop*(too much brown matte e/s makes my eyes look muddy.)

MAC Smolder liner only on top...i tried Smolder on upper waterline, what a smudgy disaster but its okay i took off with a q-tip dipped in water.

MAC Teddy on the bottom because Olivia does strong dark liner on top and light one on the bottom. this is how i prefer it anyways! i did Smolder on the bottom in my Shotgun Smolder look which is fine because it was for a night out but during the day i dont want to look 'overdone' with so much black liner.

& you guys probably know the drill by now. always curled lashes for me with Shiseido curler and Maybelline Lash Stylist to make my lashes dramatic enough to show up against my new love for black liners.

i think i love O's makeup because a lot of the colors she uses reminds me of what i already own & favor. blushes like MAC Well Dressed satin blush for light-medium pink flush and MAC Gentle mineralize blush for a rosy raspberry flush. O's lips look like opaque purpley pink and it just so happens i repurchased MAC Cultured lipglass recently. the makeup she wears on the show is great for work, job interviews, or just a simple everyday look if you dont wanna wear lime green eye shadow *wink wink*! :wink:

oicture source : Laguna Lovers

hey kissablekae, olivia at #116 have the almost the same eye colour as me (except my is a bit more even toned and cooler) :innocent: :P :D!

^ brown eyes are soo underrated. i think they are just so warm and they make people melt like chocolate :wink:

^ yes. ^_^

okay so i still think MAC Smolder eyekohl has that slight blue undertone that i dont like. my solution to that was by accident. i put on Teddy eyekohl and was going back touch it up after curling my lashes when i accidentally grabbed Smolder without looking and drew it over Teddy, it does look more of a true black this way! so problem is fixed but i wont be repurchasing Smolder if it takes that much work to just look the way its supposed to! i wouldnt be surprised if i run out of this pencil fast because with liners i sharpen it constantly for the finest point!

when im finished with it and ready to buy another black pencil i want something with shimmer! i feel like it makes a huge difference close up.

edit : p.s. as much its cool to have a 'blue black' pencil, i dont think i have much use for it. if i wanted blue i would go for a deeper or prettier or more vibrant blue and always with a little bit of shimmer. im not a fan of matte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->