Brown Eyes

I think there are a lot of colors that brown eyes can wear and look good.

I have dark eyes that are sometimes brown and sometimes kind of olive green, and I favor grey and silver eyeshadow, dark grey eyeliner, and black mascara. I also wear shades of brown for eyeshadow.

I find that very light and very bright shadow colors look really nasty on most of us with dark eyes. Kind of creepy. A lot of girls in my neighborhood wear metallic silver eyeliner, which to me looks very disconcerting (and not in a good way) around dark eyes, and especially against a darker complexion. I know the Ganguro pulled it off a few years ago, but they had a total freaky look. For work or school, this does not do anybody a favor.

If your skintone looks good with purples or mauves, brown eyes look awesome done up in the purple-smoky fashion (think of Catherine Zeta Jones). I look disgusting in purple, so I can't follow this trend, but I approximate it with greys. I have a dark green and a khaki compact that I really like, too, and I use a bronze metallic eyeliner with that. When I do that, it tends to make the green tints in my weird hazel eyes show up more.

Greens and blues always look fantastic. Try to wear a darker shade with a lighter one to "open" the eyes a bit.

I love brown eyes! You can wear just about any color you like! What looks good will mostly depend on your skin tone, rather than your eye color. Black liner might not always be the best choice, but any other color liner could work. You can do a momocramatic look using your shadow color to line the eyes with a fine brush-that is always pretty. Experiment with colors to find what fits your coloring best, or go to a counter for help.

I have brown eyes and I usually wear dark grey or dark brown eyeliner.
or plum, depending on the eyeshadow.
as for colors of shadows, I think I can wear almost all the colors.
and I so agree with tgp, the color looks good or not, mostly depends on the skin tone.

Originally posted by tgp@Apr 5th, 2004 - 11:13 pm
I love brown eyes! You can wear just about any color you like! What looks good will mostly depend on your skin tone, rather than your eye color.
so true. brown eyes are great! you can wear any colour aslong as you know how. contrary to what many people think green shadow is great w/brown eyes it really makes your eyes pop. it depends on what kind of look you're goin for bold & bright or subtle.
if you don't mind experimenting with a bright look then i <33 MAC's aquadisiac which is an aqua green . . . it looks amazing w/brown eyes, otherwise you can always go for more classic colours . . olive, sage, forest greens . . .
purple is another colour which is great for brown eyes, if you have a light complexion then go for lilacs and violets as darker purples such as plums/aubergines will make you look like you have a black eye. if you have olive skin then you can play around w/any purples . .
i wouldn't recommend silver unless you have cool toned skin . .
other colours which i use alot are bronzes, browns, darker blues, golds, greys, pinks . . . every colour under the sun. don't be afraid to experiment.
if you want some expert advice just visit your nearest makeup counter . . i'd recommend MAC . . . and ask them to give you some recs. they'd be happy to help ya.

hope that helps :wink:

Originally posted by i_<3_chanel@Apr 6th, 2004 - 6:07 am
if you want some expert advice just visit your nearest makeup counter . . i'd recommend MAC . . . and ask them to give you some recs. they'd be happy to help ya.

Eeeek! Every time I have asked MAC salespeople for suggestions, I've walked out of the shop with a fistful of makeup-remover-soaked kleenexes, looking like Mimi off of Drew Carey. Too much of their stuff is way too far-out for regular wear, and I have yet to meet a MAC employee who doesn't view the human face as a blank canvas, awaiting a Picasso-like rebirth as conceptual art! :cry: I mean, yes, it is funny, as I like doing insane makeup sometimes for a laugh, but when you are actually looking for something specific, and you find yourself stranded in the ritzy shopping district looking like a colorblind drag queen...well, it stops being quite so much fun.

I have bought a few things from MAC before, but what I generally do is get cheapie eyeshadows, ect. from the drugstore and experiment with a color first. Most of these, like J.A.N.E. (which is owned by Estee Lauder) and Caboodles have perfectly good colors, but they don't last as long as MAC, which has more pigment in relation to the powder/oil base. So I experiment with cheapie colors, find something that is what I want, then try to find a very close match in a higher-quality brand.

I don't know what's with me and MAC employees. I guess they take a look at my oddball clothing and assume I want "funky" makeup, even though I prefer my makeup to be fairly subtle, since my clothes make enough of a commotion on their own.

Originally posted by As You Like It+Apr 6th, 2004 - 6:23 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(As You Like It @ Apr 6th, 2004 - 6:23 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-i_<3_chanel@Apr 6th, 2004 - 6:07 am

Too much of their stuff is way too far-out for regular wear, and I have yet to meet a MAC employee who doesn't view the human face as a blank canvas, awaiting a Picasso-like rebirth as conceptual art! [/b][/quote]
sure MAC MA's have a slightly more bold approach than others . . but in my opinion MAC's shadows are the most highly pigmented, easiest to blend & they have the widest range of colours & textures
they do know their stuff and will be able to help you aslong you make it really clear what you want . . never give them a free rein :innocent:
i know there are other choices . . . lancome, chanel, stila but they're more expensive . .

I have brown eyes and I also have problems making black eyeliner look good on me. I think the trick is to apply it very thinly to the top lashline only and then blend it in with eyeshadow. I think that because girls with dark eyes also tend to have dark eyelashes, they don't need as much eyeliner.

I use a lot of blue.. but my fav is

Try this... it will make your eyes look so beautiful...

Gold on the lid...brown in the crease (make sure u blend)... and use blue eyeliner on the corners... a dark blue...put some jet black mascara..and thats it...

Oh yah..dont forget to define your eyebrows so everything looks :heart:

I have brown eyes and I wear eye shadow in every color.... :wink:

The problem is not your eye color because brown doesn't go clashing with the eye shadow colors,the problem is the hues of the shadow.

You gotta find the hue of shadow for you. Like for a light skin girl can pull a apple green but a darker skinned girl can't, but she can pull off a rich glimmery forest green. So skintone plays a bigger part in pulling off a color

It's all into finding the right shade of a color. B)

If you have no idea how to pick....When you are at a make-up store like M.A.C. or Sephora, or a dept store counter. Tell them a color you like, but ask them to help you find the right shade for you. BE SURE TO BE SPECIFIC IN WHAT YOU LIKE..They know their stuff,but if you give them free rein sometimes they go funky on you.

:flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 10th, 2004 - 8:56 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 10th, 2004 - 8:56 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Golden_butterfly@Apr 10th, 2004 - 8:33 am
This looks so good !  :woot:
Eugenia's eyes aren't even brown though... :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Im not unhappy with my brown eyes,i just thought that looked good.And of course that look,looks better with her green eyes than if i wud have done it :rolleyes:

Any plumbs or purples, as well as greens. Those will make your eyes pop. Also if you line the inside rim of your eye with white eyeliner it will really make them pop! :woot:

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly+Apr 10th, 2004 - 9:42 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Golden_butterfly @ Apr 10th, 2004 - 9:42 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 10th, 2004 - 8:56 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Golden_butterfly
@Apr 10th, 2004 - 8:33 am
This looks so good !  :woot:

Eugenia's eyes aren't even brown though... :rolleyes:
Im not unhappy with my brown eyes,i just thought that looked good.And of course that look,looks better with her green eyes than if i wud have done it :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
never 'think' a certain look won't look as great on you just because you have brown eyes. you never know until you've tried it. :wink:
thinking like that will only restrict your options and ideas. :doh:

Brown eyes are my :wub: favorite :wub: to do makeup on!! You can do so many different things. Brown eyes can wear just about any color. I especially love Turquoises, Greens (in any shade), Purples and Bronze shades on brown eyes.

I have light brown/brown eyes, and I agree - it's really more to do with skin tone and application/placement rather than eye colour...

I generally wear dark brown/bronze, bronze, plum/burgundy, forest green for definition, but I can wear pastel colours, if correctly applied to certain parts of the eye...I also wear deep, shimmery blues, turquoise, green (in all shades), purple (again, in all shades), browns (in all shades), etc. I love having brown eyes - there's so much you can do with them. :smile:

Originally posted by Misako@Jul 27 2004, 05:52 AM
I have light brown/brown eyes, and I agree - it's really more to do with skin tone and application/placement rather than eye colour...

I generally wear dark brown/bronze, bronze, plum/burgundy, forest green for definition, but I can wear pastel colours, if correctly applied to certain parts of the eye...I also wear deep, shimmery blues, turquoise, green (in all shades), purple (again, in all shades), browns (in all shades), etc. I love having brown eyes - there's so much you can do with them. :smile:
[snapback]316374[/snapback]​

I agree... there's so much you can do with brown eyes than having lighter colored eyes. Browns can wear just about anything :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->