Bruising

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by BabyJ, Aug 12, 2004.

1. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

Does anyone know any possible reasons that someone would bruise easily? I already know that I am slightly iron deficient but lately I bruise super easily. I don't even remember hitting anything or bumping into anything and I have a bruise.

I didn't notice it until today when I put on my little dress. My legs and thighs are all beat up. :blink:

2. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

iron deficient is definatly a reason to bruise easy. i bruise very badly too :cry: you should see the one on my knee :shock: :sick:

3. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

Some of that has to do with some blood problems...I don't know exactly, but anemic people get bruised easily, from the slightest touches...my sister has them all over her legs, from bumping into places... :ouch:

4. Luna

Luna offline.

I always bruise.. I'm anemic or something.. and iron deficient.. but I think those two are the same thing..? :unsure:

5. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

6. SiN

SiN Member

Vitamin C strengthens your capillary walls.

(the downside is, if you supplement, and miss it for a couple days, you could bruise from the slightest things).

7. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

I look like such a crack wh*re sometimes with the bruises on my legs and arms. So, yeah, I can sympathize.

8. Amélie

Amélie New Member

i believe thin or anorexic people can bruise easily...maybe it's because they don't have enough iron and other foods...

9. Misako

Misako within an embrace

Although that depends, though - it depends on how much Vit-K you have and how "thick" your skin is. I could be considered "thin" at 5'4" and 110 lbs (usually 105, but college food can die), but I don't bruise easily at all. In fact, I rarely bruise at all, and the only "traditional, slightly painful" bruises I get these days are sub-dermal. Other than that, my bruises, if they are visible, are only a light "yellowish" colour rather than the dark purples and reds.

I think getting Vit-K helps with the clotting factor in your body.

As someone told me - this is probably why:

"first proximity of blood vessels, the intensity of trauma- more importantly thickness of skin- some people have capillary fragility which is due to age or diet- vit c with bioflavinoids help people who bruise easy as well as arnica gell on bruise"

:smile:

10. mxggies

mxggies New Member

haha wow alot of people here are anemic or iron-deficient it seems...you can add me to the list, unfortunately. im a vegitarian, but i dont eat any meat-substitues

11. fairy

fairy New Member

I bruise very easily too! in school, the teacher thought that my parents would beat me! haha

12. Acid

Acid yes

definately try Perfectil pills

Perfectil.com

they have all the nutrition your hair skin and nails need to stay healthy and repair itself.
    i actually noticed i had a small bruise on my arm a week or so ago.....and i also hadnt been taking my pills for a about a week....and i NEVER normally bruise

13. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Make sure you get some extra beta carotene in your diet...it is known to strengthen the collagen in your skin and make it more resiliant, as well as promote strong nails and hair.

Lots of fruits and vegetables, especially root crops like carrots and yellow vegetables like squash.

14. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

I dont bruise easily... But I have accrued about 6 in the last week.

iron deficient or just plain clumsy?

15. Plumour

Plumour New Member

I was iron deficient and anemic when I was a child, but now I still do get bruises pretty easily :(

By the way, I know lacking of iron and anemia are related, but how?

16. tealady

tealady New Member

From Go Ask Alice:

Iron is an essential part of blood. A constant supply of iron is important for the continual production of new red blood cells. Red blood cells contain hemoglobin, a complex protein-iron compound that carries oxygen from the lungs to all of the body's cells. If your blood levels of iron are low, your body will have trouble maintaining a normal level of hemoglobin. As a result, you can develop iron deficiency anemia.

17. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

Another reason a lot of us are anemic can be because of being Eurpoean. Especially from the islandy areas. My anemia stems from being a carrier for the Thalassemia (spelling) trait.

18. Amara

Amara New Member

I think maybe sometimes it can also be something in your genetics, my Mum and sister both bruise very easily and I do as well.

About two weeks ago I noticed a ugly bruise on my upper thigh and after thinking about it I realised it was from a very slight bump as I stood up from a table the day before...the bruise is still visible.

~Amara

19. Lilliana

Lilliana New Member

me too, there really are a lot of anemic people her. my mom is anemic too, so maybe it's really genetic.

btw bruising easily might also be caused by a vit-e deficit. I think it's beast to just take a multi-vitamin thingy like centrum.

does your skin kind of 'break' too? Mine does thi sometimes, means I get small thin lines of bruises without having touched it. vit-e usually helps me when this happens :smile:

20. Feline

Feline rock-chic

Cuts and Bruises

I did a search, but couldn't find this anywhere so maybe no one else is as clumsy as me! :blush:
    A couple of days ago, I tripped and fell over, banging my face on a sharp step and bruising my knees and legs. Although I didn't need stitches, I have a black eye, a cut near my eye and a gash on my chin. I am currently looking for another job & don't want to turn up to an interview loking like I've done 10 rounds! Does anyone have any tips to help me heal up quickly and preferably without scarring. Thanks :flower: