Bruising

I've heard that Arnica and witch hazel are good for healing/preventing bruises. Most importantly, keep any wounds you have clean. Use antiseptic wipes as soon as it happens, and if you have bandages, replace them often. Once the wound is starting to heal, give it some time to breath.
There are some treatments to help prevent scarring, one in the US is called Neosporin, but I know i've seen some available in the UK - Boots would be your best bet.

Hope this helps! Take care :flower:

tea tree oil and with hazel are really amazing for healing skin

I always put aloe vera gel on my cuts--it forms a protective barrier against the outside world, it's antibacterial, and it helps the skin regenerate with minimal scarring.

Arnica does wonders for my closed wounds, like bruises, aches, pains. I use the gel topically, and when I can find it, the homeopathic oral remedy as soon as the injury occurs (but I do think the soothing effect of the oral is psychosomatic - calms you down to suck on sugar pills :D Be careful about getting arnica gel in an open cut though, it makes it heal slower. Also in the realm of alternative medicine, Rescue Remedy Cream (based on the Bach flower essences) helps a bit. And Aloe Vera is a very good recommendation.

I'm very clumsy as well, and have some neurological problems, and am forever walking into furniture, doorways, falling down when my leg suddenly gives out, dropping things because my fingers decided to stop working, etc, but have aside from some bumps on the forehead, have managed to avoid head/facial injuries. I usually tend to it with doses of an anti-inflammatory (will make the swelling go down, plus, if it hurts, it will heal faster if your body isn't dealing with the pain as well) and ice packs.

Also, be careful not to put makeup on the area too soon, if it's open, as a coverup. It could infect and irritate it. I would just tend to it, get plenty of rest, and explain with some charm and humor what happened when you go for the interviews. People will understand :flower:

this seems like the right thread .. does anyone know of anythng .. you can do to prevent brusing in the first place .. because seriously i am a peach im forever brusing and not even knowing how i did it :(

oh and feline good luck with the job hunt :flower:

Surprisingly, Johnson & Johnson have a super product that is predominantly synthetic beeswax. It works on stings, scrapes, burns, pimples, just about anything. Takes the pain away and the wound heels without a scar! I've been using it for years and swear by it. It is white but the color melts away easily. I also use it under foundation to hide a nasty pore I got from my very first zit. Smooths out the skin and makes the scar completely invisible. http://www99.epinions.com/content_298614754948

I hear Mederma is a good product to clear scars, bruises etc, although it takes a long time. I haven't used it but I'm planning to, to cover up my chicken-pox scars.

I have fair skin but have cuts that are white. I've heard there's nothing you can do at that point. Is it true? :(

They're not depressed or raised, just level with the rest of my skin. Maybe I can used makeup or something...though it sounds a bit tedious.

^ Have you tried any products on your cuts? Maybe unrefined shea butter?

I've tried applying concealer on my scars on my legs and it's certainly tedious and doesn't cover very well...

Can we add burns to this discussion as well? I'm a cook at a Mongolian grill. When you have a 7-foot diametre grill, that's roughly 650 degrees(F), burns are a common occurence. Any recommendations to help heal and prevent scaring?

Pavement, I have those too! Really white scars....no idea how to get rid of them. It's kind of strange, considering I'm so insanely pale as it is. If they are really bothering me, then I use a bit of concealer (most of the scars are on my arms, but regular concealer works just fine.), but seeing as they're not on my face, it's usually not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"