Bruno Pieters retires his eponymous label

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Crying Diamonds, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

I wondered where Hugo was for menswear this season... I had no idea.
    I am in a state of shock and sadness.

2. Crying Diamonds

Source: vogue.co.uk

3. xerq

xerq !

:cry: well that sucks.

4. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

How very sad. :cry:
    His collections over the last couple of years weren't his best by any means but what he produced prior to that was truly impeccably constructed, he was one of my favorites, I've been rooting for him for years. :heart:
    Anyway.. perhaps he really needs a break, it doesn't sound like he's struggling financially, or maybe I'm just being too naïve?.. I hope this break makes him revalue his appreciation for clothing and the industry he's in and hopefully that will encourage him to come back with bigger and better work, his latest creations seemed a bit tired to say the least. -_-

5. cesarcmma

cesarcmma New Member

I heard about him leaving Hugo on wwd a while ago :( I though he was doing a good job there.

I agree with Mullet that it doesn't sounds from the article like he's having financial problems, I don't know maybe he is;...and these may sound silly but maybe he needs an "espiritual break" or something similar :unsure: the fact that he's donating the income from the sale makes me think this.

Hope to see him in the future.

6. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

it's true,it hasn't been so stupendous the last couple collections but still somebody i often look forward to seeing nevertheless. perhaps there's a flame that's sort of gone out for him. just as you said,maybe he just needs a break. i hope it's not for financial reasons. but then you hear that he's planning to sell off his archives it does make one wonder.

but yeah i knew about the hugo departure some months ago. didn't expect this to happen though!

7. Crying Diamonds

I was in love with his latest collections, though S/S 10 was disappointingly awful with the generic drapery. I could see him desperately trying to sell his clothes.
    I do get a financial problems vibe from the above fact and the fact that he embarked on ventures like the Calming Park Bruno Pieters candle...
    After S/S 10 it feels like he's lost hope with his vision.. I can only wish that he shows a final collection in March..

8. MetricSam

MetricSam New Member

I was so shocked when I read this. After Veronique, now Bruno! He seriously was my favourite designer of womenswear and I looked forward very much to his shows and viewing the collections in stores. His work was so impeccable and a huuuuuuuge inspiration. I could spent hours examining the seams and architecture of his work.:blush: I do wonder what the reason is why he decided to quit

Let's hope it goes the same way as with Raf, who came back stronger then ever after a couple of seasons of leaving the fashion scene!

About the selling of his archive: you can view (and buy) the items here
    http://shop.ra13.be/designers/bruno-pieters-archive/
    Below I posted a picture of my favourite dress; it combines the soft, romantic side of his earlier collections, and the geometric, architectural seams of his more recent work.
    [​IMG]
    There are 40 items, ranging from the very first of his collections, to pieces of the latest winter collection. I'm so mad at myself for not going to his stocksale last november, maybe he'll do one more in the coming weeks

9. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Well-Known Member

Total bummer though I felt like something was going on because the Spring 2010 collection was not as near the standard I've come to expect from him. I always looked forward to his collections though I can't say I'm totally shocked. I've never seen his clothes carried at any stores here in NYC save fro his menswear that Seven picked up for one season. Hopefully he'll be on to bigger and better things. *sob*

10. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

metric,i remember that season very well...probably one of my favourites of many. it's true i adore the architectural side of bruno but it was so strong when it was combined with such utter romanticism and texture. i had been missing those elements in his work. ra even has one of his gorgeous capes that i fell madly for from a/w 05.

#10 Scott, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by moderator cin: Feb 1, 2010
  11. girlalamode

girlalamode New Member

Wow that dress is absolutely stunning!

12. afterrhours

afterrhours New Member

aw no wonder i didn't see any hugo boss menswear for fall 2010:cry:

i do wonder if he'll show for the upcoming fashion week. either way, i hope he has good things in store for him in the future.

13. cerfas

cerfas Active Member

:*(

...patiently awaiting a return or some further news

14. MUXU

MUXU New Member

sigh...and i was even looking into hoping to do an internship there this spring. guess now it's never gonna happen
    :(

15. Petit Lucille

Petit Lucille unspecified

oh, no!:o this is too sad..:cry:

16. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

Just too sad to even comment on this....he's such a brilliant constructivist and started so many design directions....and then I wandered over to the Zac Posen thread and i just can't understand WHY....this tackiest of dressing still sells.

#16 Zazie, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by moderator lumineux: Feb 5, 2010
  17. Crying Diamonds

Excellent news!

Google translated:

Source:
    http://vogue.de/blog2/bruno-pieters/

Attached Files:

18. fashion debutant

fashion debutant New Member

these are some really interesting news!

19. Psylocke

Psylocke Active Member

Oh that's great news, thanks for posting ^_^

20. Petit Lucille

Petit Lucille unspecified

YES!! He was missed, I'm so glad to see him coming back!