Bruno Pieters S/S 05 Paris

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Must admit,I wasn't taken with this collection as I was last season's or his Spring show. He continued his signature skirt suit(which I love) and it doesn't seem to fit well with the mood of the overall collection.

i really like what you posted scott...thanks... :flower:

yes. these are just the ones I particulary enjoyed from it. overall it didn't a whole lot for me....unfortunately.

i guess i'll have to take a look...i love everything you posted... :heart: :flower:

it doesnt even look like a Bruno P collection, but its very beautiful,
thanks for the visuals scott

YES! Exactly. That's probably the reason I wasn't impressed. The skirt-suits seem to be the only distinction. Alot of this collection reminded me alot of that Haider Ackermann collection from S/S 04.

thank you Scott

Bruno Pieters: Antonioni in Antwerp

October 05, 2004 - Paris

The biggest star of the cerebrally chic collection presented Monday in Paris by Bruno Pieters, the fashion graduate of Antwerp, was Michelangelo Antonioni.

Not the great Italian movie director himself but his celebrated vision of the aggressiveness of American materialist culture, Zabriskie Point. That film’s brilliant images of the desolate Western deserts and parched Death Valley were projected above the models in the show in Espace Cardin, while the movie soundtrack – a weird mix of the Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd and abstract sounds - burst out of the speakers.

The choice of images was ideal for this collection, which featured a sandy or old silver colored baby doll dresses, hooded tops and safari jackets, worn with faded gold jacquard pumps.

Pieters, a 27-year-old Belgium, was a former assistant of Martin Margiela, and he shares that mysterious designers penchant for arty fashion. Like Margiela, he did not take a bow at the end of his show.

However, Pieters is far more of a genuine couturier, with an impressive ability to create novel handcrafted leather skirts and intricate tulle tops, dusted with tiny sequins. He also can cut a beautiful dress – one, an Aran extended, ragged edged Aran sweater was exceptional. Like Zabriskie Point, it was both provocative and poetic all in one go.

FWD

scott, its a 'grown up collection' by Bruno,
i can see him maturing in a beautiful way..
it was somehow inevitable

thanks for the report runner :heart:

I don't think the suits fit at all, theya re ncie btu so not 'him' , as said befor

The second grop is much better. :heart:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 5 2004, 01:39 PM
scott, its a 'grown up collection' by Bruno,
i can see him maturing in a beautiful way..
it was somehow inevitable

thanks for the report runner :heart:
[snapback]386455[/snapback]​

Yeah,I understand immensely. Maybe its just me? From this angle,it doesn't seem to conjure any strong images for me. Maybe if I saw it in person,it would be different. I love the gold jacquard pieces though.

Really elegant in a wistful sort of way. I like it very much.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 5 2004, 09:29 PM
That brocade is great.
[snapback]387002[/snapback]​

I agree I love this material

From what I see I really like. Very evolved shapes but not tired in any way. Sort of like balenciaga in that sense. Fabrics complement the shapes nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->