Buenos Aires Shopping

Hi guys! My boyfriend is going to BsAs in May and I'm preparing a huge list of makeup items that he'll hopefully get for me. Do you guys know what's the price range for MAC products? Does Falabella still have a MAC counter?

I can´t remember seeing MAC while I was in Buenos Aires, but it doesn´t mean they don´t have an encounter...:smile: He´s gonna love Buenos Aires, it´s one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the world, it´s simply fabulous. I love it so much. BEAUTIFUL!!!

^ Ah, I know, I've been there twice and he's been there once. ^_^ :flower: I remember being at the MAC counter at one of the Falabella stores on calle Florida and the products were inexpensive. I hope the prices haven't gone up since last year. :ermm:

^ Ah, I know, I've been there twice and he's been there once. ^_^ :flower: I remember being at the MAC counter at one of the Falabella stores on calle Florida and the products were inexpensive. I hope the prices haven't gone up since last year. :ermm:

the MAC from falabella is still there. there are stands on Paseo Alcorta and Alto Palermo shopping.

ok, so I need some help from the people who live in buenos aires (or anybody who actually knows about shopping there). i'm looking for new places to shop as i'm seriously sick of jazmin chebar, maria cher, ayers, etc. and their ridiculous prices. i mean, some of the clothes are gorgeous and every time i go in one of theirs stores i can't help it but leave with a shopping bag. all of that, to spend so much money in only one thing while i know that there must be some other places out there with cool, cheaper stuff. so basically what i'm asking for is new, unknown shopping places, areas or showrooms where i can find new things. so, who can help me out? :flower:

when i went there i loved ay not dead, went to one of their sample sales and occasionally get my argentinian friend to send me some of their stuff but they're very hit or miss.

oh and i love palermo! such a nice neighbourhood even to just window shop :smile:

Any good markets in BA? I'm going in December and I remember there was a nice little market in Caminito, are there more of those markets? Or somewhere I can buy Argentinian brands for young people?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I lived a few blocks away from Plaza Cortazar and their weekend fair (starting at around noon) was always worth walking by, even if just for a coffee.. lots of people, stores, stands, reasonable prices in most cases.. I definitely recommend it. :flower:

When i go back home to visit, i always pay a visit to Palermo Soho.The shops i go to are Lupe, De La Ostia, Sal si puedes, Seco, Mishka, Jazmin Chebar, Maria Cher (the last two are in shopping malls aswell), Felix and Sixfeet sell nice clothes more men, especially sixfeet t-shirts (for my partner)
Then if you are looking for something vintage, retro, etc. you have the 5ta. Avenida Gallery in Santa Fe Avenue (between Libertad and Talcahuano) basically there are shops where they sell second hand clothes,shoes and accessories.There are few shops that sell brand new clothe too.Then 5 minutes walk away from this gallery, Marcelo T. de Alvear 1441, there's Juan Perez which also sells second hand clothes but a little bit more high end (if it make sense ,you can find original Valentino coats from the 70's and stuff) for high prices.
There's also the Bond Street Gallery in Santa Fe Avenue (between Montevideo and Rodriguez Peña) there's tatoo shops, a few record shops (if still exist) and some clothes shops like Fujimoda and stuff,there's also a couple of shops that sells clothe for men ( i have to say most of the clothes sold there it's teenagery looking but that's my opinion).
Santa Fe Avenue has plenty of shops all along it (from Santa fe and Carlos Pellegrini to Santa fe and Coronel Diaz )
For shopping malls the best is Galerias Pacifico, google it and you'll see what i'm talking about, Paseo Alcorta and Alto Palermo sell nearly the same brands so...Patio Bullrich is more high end but you still find some of the brands you'll find in the last two mentioned shopping malls.
Hope this helps

Forgot about Carla Di Sí (Sunglasses,there some really nice vintage ones) Cora Groppo, La Mercería (Jewelry/Accessories) , Amor Latino (lingerie), Adidas Originals (is one of the few Adidas shops in the world to stock limited-edition items) and Pesqueira, all of them in Palermo Soho

No problem, hope you enjoy your shopping when you go :smile:

pixie_dust did you go in the end?, if you did, tell us how it went!

I'm going to Buenos Aires in April. What kind of clothes should I take to wear there - in the day and night? Not sure how warm it gets in April.

It will be autumn by then, temperatures are between 17ºC and 24ºC so take a few jackets, as it can get cold at night

Well I already went and came back to my country! hahahaha
I went to Santa Fe, Florida (cool/scary hippies at night! lol!) and to some malls, it was a lot of fun and I bought a lot of things! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->