Burberry 'Chinese New Year' Collection 2021: Liu Wen & Wang Xiangguo by Feng Li

Benn98

Reaction score
'The Year of the Ox – inspired by the Chinese zodiac'.....

Photographer: Feng Li
Stylist: Audrey Hu
Hair: Issac Yu
Makeup: Anna Hu
Cast: Liu Wen, Wang Xiangguo

Design Scene

I guess brands need the Chinese customer more than ever, but this is rather sad.

I really hate that fashion companies turned into corporations that need to churn this sh*t just for the sake of doubling the amount of sh*t next season.

Well at least they not "dancing". The clothes and bags look like they from Aliexpress.

The clothes and bags look like they from Aliexpress.

LMAO! The jacket or coat on Liu Wen does look like it's made from cheap, flimsy material.

I'm not Chinese, so I can't say. But would people actually wear the horn caps? I know Chinese New Year's is a big deal, but this seems a bit....literal verging on dumbed down. It's like telling an American to wear something flag-inspired on 4th of July. Oh wait.....

LMAO! The jacket or coat on Liu Wen does look like it's made from cheap, flimsy material.

I'm not Chinese, so I can't say. But would people actually wear the horn caps? I know Chinese New Year's is a big deal, but this seems a bit....literal verging on dumbed down. It's like telling an American to wear something flag-inspired on 4th of July. Oh wait.....

That caps is about to be a trending on Tiktok so I think they know exactly what they doing. Personally I think this is Riccardo subtle shade to MW at Givenchy. To remind Matthew to know his places :brows:.

all the clothes look so cheap :shock:

Liu has done her best on this, but still this campaign looks cheap.

I don't have a soft spot for the country, but this concept is very outdated in a way that they believe the Chinese would love it if we are celebrating their cultural tradition. Whatever, very Aliexpress!

I really don't like how Riccardo has been making these lookbook/campaigns for Burberry. It's just so lazy. On that note, I'm just happy to see Liu and the male model also looks great.

She’s beautiful but I do not know why her agent booked her jobs that limits to the Asian market only
Three reasons: First, she's no longer young, this industry likes newcomers. Two, asian models still have far fewer opportunities than caucasian and african models. Three, the
coronavirus made it difficult to work abroad. However, she still got Valentino and American Vogue cover in 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->