Burberry Menswear F/W 2021.22 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 22, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

rubydon likes this.
  2. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

This collection looks like it's been designed by a merchandising team. It's so products focused. On top of that, it's just so Givenchy-lite.

3. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

Riccardo's coldest and most anticlimatic collection for Burberry. He hadn't even tried to cover up the fact of being dissapointed by his own Burberry tenure. That's why the result is so Givenchy-like, because he hasn't got any emotions for the brand he's been working for. At this point it's all about single pieces but they're not strong enough to make a statement on their own. It's such a flop that I just can't see his contract renewed.

entten, jeanclaude and thiago:) like this.
  4. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Well-Known Member

his vision seems so limited and people want him to go to versace? don't you need a sense of humour for that

FelipeV and thiago:) like this.
  5. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

One of my favorite show presentations this season, and one of the best from Tisci @ Burberry. No frills straight up good clothes.

6. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

This is his most focused collection. A bit short but I prefer this over what he's done in the past.

Would love to see what is shown to buyers in the showroom for this season for once.

7. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

Ouch. Looks like he took looks that he rejected from his Givenchy years, but brought them to fruition here at Burberry.

This all makes me miss Christopher Bailey's bazillion trenchcoats that much more.

Phuel likes this.
  8. Olaffo

Olaffo Active Member

I am sure (I know the guy personally) he did that collection and thought "I am so random. I can't believe i just did that".

It makes me feel uncomfortable when Burberry is bragging about being such a sustainable brand etc. The only one real sustainable thing they could do is to fire immediately Tisci and Gobetti. The collection is a waste of every single resource, irrelevant and repetitive daydreaming of another aged man who thinks that still appeal to young and cool kids.

Wake up Riccardo, wake up!

9. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

Legit what is this alchemist cosplay and what does it have to do with anything? Looking for the philosopher's stone? The hat? The shirts?? The shoes??? It makes me nauseous!!

Dior Dream, maimon, Nomar and 2 others like this.
  10. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

Maybe I am just not cool enough, but I really struggled to grasp the concept behind the collection. Of course, there were Ricardo's signature street elements, but it almost felt as if he couldn't care less if it sells or not. Just in the design details alone, it was confusing, specifically, the opening trench coat's with a short/cropped back, who would honestly wear that? The wearer's back will get soaked in the rain! Did anyone else pick up on the fringed hemlines and little accessories (leather B's and bears) hanging off the backpacks? Such nonsense and very much not-Burberry. I wonder where the house will go from here, it is unrecognizable and in a really, really tough spot from a creative front.

11. Joromana

Joromana Active Member

No shade but.... I haven't really seen an evolution since his Givenchy days and this is a clear example. I do not covet this look anymore.

12. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Burberry's brand identity is so far removed from this...I actually do miss Bailey.

The magician's tablecloth is really something else, the silly hat is...the cherry on top.

My absolute favorite is the pagoda shoulder varsity vest, exactly what I picture myself wearing as a Riverdale cast member.

Fulton St Critique and Phuel like this.
  13. tourbillions

tourbillions New Member

Nothing new but i'd still wear them and much prefer this than the Tisci streetwear copycats :D Somehow glad he still does what he did in Givenchy, doubt Burberry hired him to make trenchcoats. I think brands hire creative directors not because they want to reinvent their old looks but because they want the designers designs under their label.

14. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

I don't think a brand with an identity as Burberry needs to be so desperately 'fashion', but should offer a well-curated wardrobe of modern, well-cut and fabricated clothes that support an active lifestyle. Lola pointed at that in another discussion, naming Hedi Slimane's Celine as an example and I agree that that would be something that would feel more honest under the umbrella of Burberry (although several other designers, such as Christophe Lemaire, could be good at that, too). What Tisci does with Burberry has little to do with the brand itself and yet hasn't really propelled Burberry to the level of a next Gucci or Balenciaga (which I suppose the intention was when Tisci took ver from Bailey).

I would be surprised if Tisci would stay much longer at Burberry because this marriage clearly isn't a well-aligned one.

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  15. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Nothing to see here, just the usual gimmicks.

16. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I mean ... I am not mad at it or hate it so that's an improvement in my own personal book.

Phuel likes this.
  17. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Some of it is a little bit more Givenchy than Burberry, but that’s not a bad thing. Right now he’s driving at 20mph, now he needs to rev it up to 80. This is a time to for fashion to be desirable. Sell the bags and have fun with the clothes!

18. FelipeV

FelipeV Active Member

I miss the good old days where the brand used to deliver :cry:

bur2.jpg
    thefashionisto.com

Burberry-2009-Promos-emma-watson-7684533-733-592.jpg
    fanpop.com

Fulton St Critique likes this.
  19. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

20. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

The difference between now and then is that the collections were actually good. Unfortunately Testino and Bailey had no imagination when it came to the campaigns. I remember being consistently disappointed with every campaign that came after 2009. Even with the awful campaigns, you could still find some very nice fashionable pieces in the store. Today is another story. the clothes are lifeless and the bags are hideous. The only people wearing Burberry now are hypebeasts, ambassadors, and Ricardos boytoy's.