Reaction score
Burberry Pre-Fall 2020

Photographer: Danko Steiner
Stylist: Ana Steiner
Hair: Gary Gill
Makeup: Isamaya Ffrench
Cast: Irina Shayk, Reece Nelson

Design Scene

COVID who? Armani who? Burberry released at least 3 sublines after the pandemic started which tells you that they either don't give a stuff about throwing too many clothes at consumers, or they are really, really desperate for sales.

Irina's profile shots look great and I like the fit of the formal pants on Reece (which I can get anywhere!), but the rest of the clothes are really quite an eyesore. Doubt anyone will be rushing to get this.

Pathetic effort: No one is impressed with this basic photoshopped of the same person as a duo. Soulless. Hollow. Generic. Just cold. Looks like any given window display at an outlet mall.

When Christopher revived this stale brand, his campaigns were so full of life, character, personality, individuality and proud and joyful heritage. And all that they needed was a novaplaid scarf for Mario to breathe new life to the brand.

Riccardo for Burberry is a disaster! I think I can concede that now. No one talks about this brand anymore and it feels like it's been sucked of all it's British-ness. CB did some awful collections, and his time was clearly up towards the end of the 10s, but there was always a consistent message and sense of authenticity in what he did.

To make matters worse you hire Danko and Ana Steiner...like who asked for that 032c circa 2009 look to be revived? Not me.

This looks interchangeable to the last campaign. And the clothes here do not look appealing. Honestly, none of his offerings have excited me.

I agree with you all, its not the greatest. But I'm not gonna lie... that giant tan coat on Irina is kind of my style. Look at those oversize pockets...do you know how many mini wine bottles (or maybe, full size) and snacks that I can fit in there?! Lol

Such a lame watered down version of their S/S campaign. And that campaign wasn’t even that strong to begin with.

Riccardo should just do very commercial clothes like Bailey. I love his clothes but they are too complicated for the burberry clientele. I can’t imagine a Burberry client wearing the pink dress Irina is wearing.
Sometimes a beautiful print and a simple silhouette works.

Well besides some of the questionable styling and boring concept, Irina looks stunning.

Even a beautiful Irina can't make that weird face shield gone wrong happen.

I still don't know what this Burberry is about :sideways:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->