Burberry Prorsum Resort 2011

seriously, i die. christopher bailey has hit this collection out of the park. those skirts are serioiusly sick. and those jackets would make any woman look like a million bucks. but the glory of this collection is that everything -- from the bags and belts to the shoes and the menswear -- is so covetable.

Yeah, this is a very Pre-Fall looking collection but i love it anyway....everything looks so stylish!

I really love the Menswear too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so boring and repetitive. I feel like I've seen this collection already.

i like the collection itself..but i agree with LolaSvelt..especially when it comes to pre-collection Bailey has been delivering the same stuff for quite a while now..so, me, i like it..but it would be nice to see a change ^_^

as usual, I really only love the outerwear. the trenches and blazers are to die for, but most of the other looks didn't really hit the mark with me. It's also very dark for Resort, it really does look like it could be pre-fall

as usual, I really only love the outerwear. the trenches and blazers are to die for, but most of the other looks didn't really hit the mark with me. It's also very dark for Resort, it really does look like it could be pre-fall
I agree!! too way too dary for ''Resort''

He just changes something very slightly for every collection, but they're all basically the same.

No matter how many times I see it, I just cannot get used to the Thom Browne/raised hem look in menswear.

He just changes something very slightly for every collection, but they're all basically the same.

while he uses similar styling -- i believe that's called an aesthetic of the house -- he's definitely switching up his palette, the cut, the fabric, and everything else that comprises these designs.

compare this dark collection to that of one year ago or two years ago...

34m.jpg
00230m.jpg

style.com

always providing such a beautiful clothes, never disappointed.

i would love the men's short sleeve jumper. It only needs better sleeves, i have to try it on in store so i can roll them up.

while he uses similar styling -- i believe that's called an aesthetic of the house -- he's definitely switching up his palette, the cut, the fabric, and everything else that comprises these designs.

compare this dark collection to that of one year ago or two years ago...

style.com

Yes, there is a very strong and continual aesthetic and there are changes of palette and his clothes are always incredibly appealing.
But I don't find that he experiments with anything - he's been given the Burberry trench coat and he uses it - repeatedly, as expected, in very beautiful ways, but usually in details and not in shape or length.
I only ever come across changes in his collections once or twice, and it's often just with materials - in this collection it's the unusual spotted fur coats.

Yes, there is a very strong and continual aesthetic and there are changes of palette and his clothes are always incredibly appealing.

But I don't find that he experiments with anything - he's been given the Burberry trench coat and he uses it - repeatedly, as expected, in very beautiful ways, but usually in details and not in shape or length.
I only ever come across changes in his collections once or twice, and it's often just with materials - in this collection it's the unusual spotted fur coats.

well the trench kind of their claim to fame. he experiments with every other garment though. not sure if it continues to hold true but burberry stood as one of the few houses that made the majority of its profits from the clothing. so he did something right by not messing with a good thing. i suspect those fragrances may account for a majority -- if not plurality -- these days.

Bailey fails to evolve. He's been doing this sorta thing forever. In other news, at least he's moved from socks with sandals, which was REALLY starting to piss me off.
His problem is he seems to be incapable of moving forward while still maintaining his established client base.

All that aside, everything is beautiful. I'll never dislike Burberry because it's so painfully sophisticated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->