ebowleg

Reaction score
Here is a very 'cool' look...
capt.mil12306271725.italy_mens_fashion_mil123.jpg

:blink: this bag AND the tie :lol:

i hope someone will post more from this collection

Here is the finale pic...
capt.mil12006271731.italy_mens_fashion_mil120.jpg

I like the color combos, but I'm not sure about how many men will wear it like that...or those colors for that matter...It kind of reminds me of Ralph Lauren's Spring 2004 women's collection(the colors)

A bit Lacoste-esque colours :-)

from modaonline.it

burberry01.jpg

burberry05.jpg

burberry03.jpg

Sherbets shades. I don't get it :-) really.

I think it must have sth with the Burbery's image in UK. I have heard that some clubs won't let one dressed in Burberry's stuffs in. Pls. correct me if I am wrong:-)

burberry19.jpg

burberry23.jpg

burberry14.jpg

This collection seems pretty mod, imo, done with wild spring-y colors.
very festive and cool, but not totally my style...although i'm pretty sure i'd wear the ties... B)

and these shoes:

burberry14.jpg

:sick: the whole label is one of the saddest jokes in fashion

Originally posted by nqth@Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:41 pm
Sherbets shades. I don't get it :-) really.

I think it must have sth with the Burbery's image in UK. I have heard that some clubs won't let one dressed in Burberry's stuffs in. Pls. correct me if I am wrong:-)

Yep! i heard that from a footballer friend too. But its the Burberry plaid that they will throw you out for wearing. I think its only applicable to guys. I think it might have something to do with the football hooligans that go around beating up people after a couple of pints. They tend to have the plaid shirt and baseball caps. :lol:

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl@Jun 27th, 2004 - 3:54 pm
Yep! i heard that from a footballer friend too. But its the Burberry plaid that they will throw you out for wearing.
Ic, thanx :-) It is indeed hard to tell "It's Burberry (and out you go!)" to someone who wears pink jackets, hehe.

Originally posted by pandayu@Jun 27th, 2004 - 9:51 pm
the whole label is one of the saddest jokes in fashion

why? :shock:
i think whole label are awesome! B)
i agree, i like the label, even though this recent Uomo collection had a stronger styling than it should.. nice individual pieces but all these colours together are a bit too much..

i dont like the shiny leather bags (for boys) and i also find the shoes and the ties a tiny bit off.
on the whole quite interesting 'revolutionary' preppy looks, i believe it can sell very well when toned down. :P

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 27th, 2004 - 3:50 pm
on the whole quite interesting 'revolutionary' preppy looks, i believe it can sell very well when toned down. :P
:P

WOAH!!!! Can we say hideous.........Sesame Street called, they want their clothes back.

The outfits as a whole are too much. However when looking at the individual pieces it is a good collection. I think this collection is about pieces as opposed to the whole outfit.

i love that christopher bailey took a risk and ran away from the almost minimal collection he did for last spring and introduced loud un-ignorable color to the somewhat staid image of burberry menswear.

i think that mr. bailey, along with others, are not suggesting that men go and dress head to toe in these looks but offering up a piece here and there to add color to their wardrobes.

but i must agree that it does remind me of ralph lauren A LOT (not just womenswear but the whole custom-color thing they have with the polos and oxford shirts)...very little burberry in this burberry collection.

Cool, Colorful and Clever Burberry

June 27, 2004 - Milan

They kept the air conditioning on for three days before the Burberry show in a custom-built Milan tent Sunday before designer Christopher Bailey presented the best argument we have seen in years for men dressing head to toe in cool, colorful cottons.

Using a palette that one would normally find in a David Hockney painting, Bailey cut, chopped and generally reined in his silhouette to create one of the tighest looking collections of clothes from the UK label in memory.

Tight, but also wearable, as Bailey sent out peg leg pants in white cords, snug orange cotton slacks and super light plaid pants, worn with the snuggest of jackets whose hems ended several inches above the hips. The designer paired these with horizontal striped ties, acid green cabans or lime safari jackets.

The look was alternatively anchored by elongated white cricket shoes made in regulation standard white canvas, or jazzed up with snappy cardigans with appliqued summer flowers. Though he works for a slickly managed, albeit hip, corporate label Bailey still has enough guts to take a few arty risks and is not afraid to revamp recent fashion ideas in his own likeness. His shrunken leather jerkins recalled Rick Owens but in the hands of Bailey they evoked a far more upbeat mood that the gloomy gothic minimalism of the LA designer.

And the casting of slicked back long-haired youths summoned up the image of a racy cricketing weekend in some very fun country house, where there is the strong likeihood of lots of fun and good clean sex.

“I was a bit nervous at first as I was taking a lot of risks. But once I had the whole collection together I saw that it could work,” the whip-thin and ever modest Bailey told FWD backstage.

As if echoing his concern, Burberry CEO Rosemarie Bailey asked FWD seconds later, “It did look English didn’t it?”

Yes, very Anglo, and, more relevantly, extremely new.

Bailey opened the show soundtrack with “Shout to the Top” from Style Council. Half way through that Mod classic, Paul Weller sings out:

“I was halfway home - I was half insane,
And every shop window I looked in just looked the same.”

His line could not have been more ironic, given the context, as I saw nothing remotely like this great new Burberry collection on any fashionista or in any Milan boutique this opening weekend of the Italian season. Bring on the new.

FWD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->