Burberry S/S 2018 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 17, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

5. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

6. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

7. CATO

CATO Active Member

Gucciberry - no words :(

8. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

What a sad sendoff of a great tenure. Looks like he swallowed every little trend from Gucci, Vetements, Gosha etc and threw up this. It doesn't even look like Burberry, or him.

Godspeed Christopher...

9. Growl

Growl New Member

Wow this is genuinely bad.

10. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

what kind of gucci with a sprinkle of scott's moschino and a pinch of demna is this???
    how do you go from spring 2017 (so beautiful and austere) to... this???? i don't understand

11. apple

apple Well-Known Member

What a sad way to say goodbye, it's a collection which is clearly influenced by the designers of the moment (Michele, Gvsalia).. I wish he had produced a remarkable and personal last show.

12. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Member

The only thing I liked about the collection was the set and the music.

I find it really odd that they've not only reissued pieces from his tenure, but from the 80's too. This should have been about Christopher Bailey, not the house.

What I was really hoping for was a return to his minimal luxury that he did so well in the 00's that was so well received back then and would still have been now. I also wanted to see a return of some of the faces he made happen due to his support at Burberry, I know we can't really talk casting here but I wanted to see Stella T, Kate etc. A real time capsule from his time at Burberry, but this was a pure mess. I'm shocked this is how he's sent himself off.

I really wanted to invest in a few pieces from his last collection like I am doing for Kim at Vuitton but I'm honestly finding it so difficult to part with my money on this mess.

13. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

14. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Brutal honesty.

I agree.

15. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I will focus on the positive and mention how beautifully staged the show was. The lighting was fantastic, the music was upbeat. I really appreciate that there were obvious nods to the LGBTQ community; knowing Christopher's story makes it hard for me not to be emotional about it.

16. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

It´s like he turned Burberry into a luxury fast fashion brand, just following hot trends from other designers, and refusing to create or add new things.

He saw that Gucci was selling like mad; and he wanted exactly the same. And it didn´t mind if Burberry´s image was lost in the process. Money is money!

I remember his first collections, and they look like millions of light years from this last one. It feels like two totally different designers. Instead of an evolution, I see a degeneration.

The hommage to LGBTQ community feels desperate. And I am saying this as a gay man.

#16 jeanclaude, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited by moderator obese: Feb 17, 2018
  17. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

As a show (setting, music etc), it was a beautiful goodbye, but the clothes are so awful...

Now can we start to receive news about who is gonna replace him, please??

18. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

I'm slightly disappointed the execuation, I thought this would be more self-referential.The set, lighting, and music was terrific though.

19. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

I echo everyone else's sentiments. A beautifully staged show, and a horrendous trainwreck of a collection. I really do appreciate the beautiful and sincere homage to the LGBTQ+ youth though.

20. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

I applaud the sentiment behind it, but the collection itself is atrocious. He tried so hard to make it "cool" that it looks contrived. Look at F/W 2010--his last good collection IMO--and you can see how try-hard this offering seems.