Burberry S/S 2019 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Scotty, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

2. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

3. FelipeV

FelipeV Member

I felt it dusty, like those garments were archived since 1998 and they decided to put it in the runway.

4. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

5. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

6. Steddycam91

Steddycam91 Member

I'm reminded a little bit of Givenchy F/W 2014, and even Louis Vuitton F/W 2018.

Overall first impressions...nothing groundbreaking, nothing too exciting. A lot of looks, which makes it seem less like an introductory sneak peek and more like a "here's everything I've got!" Maybe he'll do a 180 next season, but I get the impression that these safe, sellable "iconic" separates (as well as the logo) are what we're in for over the next few years.

Anyone who thought Riccardo was running out of steam and ideas at Givenchy, and that taking a break and joining a new house might give him a new jolt of inspiration and energy...will be disappointed.

FashionPower and Nymphaea like this.
  7. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

Not bad and consistent/respectful with the work of Christopher Bailey... I almost wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking we'd see less of his naked torso, less of him desperately trying to mingle with instagram and reality TV stars.. some of the pieces are actually nice.. but then I had to see that Kardashian coming out, loyalty when nobody cares anymore, Kanye probably in front row, and.. gotcha.. picture this on Kim Kardashian and take it from there..:sick:

8. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

9. Pricciao

Pricciao Active Member

I guess I'm right. He hasn't decided how he wants his Burberry to look like, so it's just a truck of stuffs with limited means.

Some daytime suits in the middle part are pretty coverable tho. But I'll probably forget about it in a month.

ghostwriter10549 likes this.
  10. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Jourdan's look is horrid!

nowfashion.com

11. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

12. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

OMG! This show is endless. 100+ looks?!

It started off nicely but now it's too horrible and messy for me.

Anyway, posting the rest..

nowfashion.com

Wintergreen likes this.
  13. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

nowfashion.com

14. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

15. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

16. perhydrol

perhydrol Member

Well, couldn't care less about this Burberry flop. This collection is like four or five different collections mixed together and that's why it's such a mess. Oh dear, even that IRONIC 'Why did they kill Bambi' tee was so heavy-handed... And then there's his usual Givenchy stuff, some Helmut Lang-ish pieces that felt a bit late to the party because everyone had done them before. The opening part was boring yet it was the best to me, but still it was dedicated to people who live in their offices 24/7 so nothing groudbreaking.

The most interesting thing here is that we can see that he just can't let go his past. It's like we've already seen everything at Givenchy with the only difference that here it's not fresh at all.

#16 perhydrol, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    FashionPower likes this.
  17. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

Imagine sitting through this.

JessRubik and Wintergreen like this.
  18. Norden

Norden Member

beyond disappointing!
    First of all, the set reminded me of nicolas' first Vuitton show. then the clothes also kinda looked like his trying to clean the palette. only what is he trying to clean? it was already so generic. This whole show feels like he convinced himself that hes making some kind of grand gesture, but in todays context it reads as generic and ripped off. the menswear is raf a la 2010/2016 mixed with some helmut, the womenswear is just really really bland.

I hope he gathers some steam.

looks good photographed flat for a website though.

19. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

It's sophisticated, feminine and mature. I was not excepting that at all. Thank god he didn't do a sneaker for the womenswear. The logos were kept to a bare minimum. It's commendable how he's going against the grain of current trends. If this is the direction he's going to take the brand then I'm all in! The menswear is very Givenchy and I have no problem with that. I loved Givenchy Menswear, in case you couldn't tell from my username. :lol: Overall it's a breath of fresh air. Someone had to come in and get rid of the Millennial street wear look!

20. fluxxx

fluxxx Active Member

Actually I love it! After a series of horrible seasons with Bailey, this is a very fresh air.

Nothing new and some of them are very Givenchy-ish but I love them