Burberry S/S 2022 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Images 1, 2, 4, and 5 are all a bit boring, but elegant and buttoned up enough that they’re working for me. No gimmicks. The clothing in the others is too foul.

It's a waste of Rianne, Mona and Irina. I can't believe how bad Riccardo's Burberry turned out to be and that he's showing no signs of improvement after all this time. Clothes are consistently atrocious and the campaigns are no better - the 2019 campaigns by Danko Steiner and Nick Knight showed promise, but since then it's gone rapidly downhill. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Why Riccardo's Burberry campaign is always bad? I cannot recall any good campaign under his tenure. It's so serious and try hard to recreate his Givenchy time.

Mert & Marcus just came to the set and collected the check.

With all the resources in the world they can access, the results are always looking like a Nordstrom catalogue.

this is so sterile and devoived of any appeal!

Riccardo’s campaigns for Givenchy were mostly good, I wonder what is he trying to achieve with this?

Why are all of his campaigns so beige and boring? The clothes were nothing spectacular, but that doesn't mean it needed an equally drab campaign. I did chuckle at Irina's broken neck though. What kind of pose is that?!

Boring. And after such an interesting Spring Summer show, this is what they came up with? Bizarre.

Burberry under Tisci is one of those brands that has completely lost its identity. They are really struggling with trying to define what they stand for. The "Britishness" is gone, and in its place, a lazy United Colours of Benetton style approach where diversity and inclusion is the defining approach to everything.

I've also noticed Burberry and Tisci are quite resistant to championing British talent, whether it be actors or models or filmmakers, artists etc, in the way that Christopher Bailey did. It's a missed opportunity and one that other brands have completely embraced. Dior and Chanel for example have an army of British talent that they frequently engage.

Burberry under Tisci is one of those brands that has completely lost its identity. They are really struggling with trying to define what they stand for. The "Britishness" is gone, and in its place, a lazy United Colours of Benetton style approach where diversity and inclusion is the defining approach to everything.
I've said this since the beginning of his tenure.

He is WAY too Italian do be doing this house. And the brand has completely fallen apart and fallen off the radar since he did away with the British-ness of Burberry in favor of globalized design.

Burberry is not a brand that has an identity besides its Britishness. Of course, there's the trench and the nova check, but aside from those signature styles, all there is left is being British. So to ignore that and stamp out that is to basically make the entire operation irrelevant.

Which is exactly what Tisci has done. Pure irrelevance.

I am struggling to differentiate between seasonal collections/campaigns

The baby blue backdrop in the video looks better than this plain one

It's like sometimes they have the budget to do a proper campaign and other times it looks like all they have is enough to do this.

How’s burberry under Tisci going on sales? Any WWD News / report about it? Because everything is so boring and no british or even burberry anymore.

Confused now, thought the people in the field flying was the campaign? That was really good! Guess THIS now is the SS22 but looks like a pre-collection look book!?!?! Im lost in all the seasons lol

Who wants to dress like this? Bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->