Burberry "Trench" S/S 2020 : Hannah Motler & Reece Nelson by Davit Giorgadze

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by Benn98, May 21, 2020 at 11:08 AM.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Burberry "Trench" Spring/Summer 2020

Photographer: Davit Giorgadze
    Set Designer: Jabez Bartlett
    Stylist: Edem Dossou
    Hair: Franziska Presche
    Makeup: Janessa Paré
    Cast: Hannah Motler, Reece Nelson

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Design Scene

2. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Active Member

The way it's styled doesn't speak "Trench" to me. It's all about the accessories. I really don't understand Burberry these days, I have no idea what they're trying to do, apart from making one of the most iconic pieces of wardrobe ever look dull and pedestrian.

bluestar likes this.
  3. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

^ Agreed. These photos also feel so lifeless...definitely not making me want to buy a Burberry trench lol

YohjiAddict likes this.
  4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

This is about as imaginative as a lookbook, or filler editorial in British Vogue. I just don't get how time, effort, and money was pumped into this campaign. Sure some of Hannah's shots look great, mostly the close-up ones, but the entire setup has been done to death by Balenciaga seasons ago. Just shows how out of touch Tisci is with Burberry. Not a single menswear piece I'd like to have.

5. aracic

aracic Moderator

Looks like a Pre-Fall lookbook, and a bad one at that. I loathe Riccardo's use of caps, especially those hideous big backward ones. They look so unflattering! And those big bags too... pity.

I miss Kate x Mario for Burberry.

6. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

While I like that Edem got the job but I really think that maybe Riccardo needs Carine back in his team.
    There’s nothing desirable about a girl looking miserable in a « factory ». He had Eva Herzigova in his Lookbook and have this as a cast for his campaign...

It’s sad and gloomy...And yes, it does not make anyone want to buy trench-coats. It does not even make anyone go to a Burberry Outlet store.

7. SophiaVB

SophiaVB Well-Known Member

Looks a bit Balenciaga to me? Just without the humor...quite sterile.

8. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Absolutely lifeless AF. If I’m being particularly generous, it resembles a Caterpillar campaign that would run in Arena Homme Plus in the early-2000s as clever irony against all the glamorous campaigns. But truth is— it’s so dull it looks like one of those Automative Workers/Postal Workers/Assembly Plans ads for workers union/recruitment/advocacy.

9. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

I like Riccardos Burberry (design wise) but at the same time I find it very confusing. Whats the point of making million campaigns for each product.