Céline F/W 2018.19

Looks like she is gone...those last pants are going to give me nightmares.

Literally crying watching this. I didn't see this coming because I've heard that Céline was out of the schedule this season. Made me realize that she's gone and she's not coming back. Thank you for all the work, passion and happiness Phoebe.

The collection is terrific. Nothing more, nothing less. Even with a lookbook she's one thousand times better than the others. I have the feeling that she had fun doing the last year at Céline. Her SS and Resort were really playful and this is not exception. The casting is very nice and the styling is amazing as usual.

The last collection under her tenure will be Pre Fall and it's going to be presented to the public on May.

Damn, I hope to be wrong but Hedi is going to f*ck up this.

This is so sad...
In my heart I wished they did a «*Givenchy*» and made a best-of the 10 years of Phoebe....

This is the proof that without the mastermind (and even with the existing team), it’s impossible to deliver something focused and desirable.

Phoebe’s last collection is indeed Prefall 2018 and it’s one of those collections that sits longer in the shops so it’s kinda great.

I really wonder if they will release the images in May. I can’t imagine Hedi letting another designer take his shine that long.

I’ll miss Phoebe a lot! I think I will watch a marathon of her shows on YouTube..

This is so sad...
In my heart I wished they did a «*Givenchy*» and made a best-of the 10 years of Phoebe....

This is the proof that without the mastermind (and even with the existing team), it’s impossible to deliver something focused and desirable.

Phoebe’s last collection is indeed Prefall 2018 and it’s one of those collections that sits longer in the shops so it’s kinda great.

I really wonder if they will release the images in May. I can’t imagine Hedi letting another designer take his shine that long.

I’ll miss Phoebe a lot! I think I will watch a marathon of her shows on YouTube..

It seems very Phoebe on my eyes. I guess that we have to wait the review on Vogue to see more details.

PARIS, MARCH 6, 2018
by SARAH MOWER

The showroom set-up for the interim Celine collection between the departure of Phoebe Philo and the arrival of Hedi Slimane felt, by necessity, like a mournful pause. The season known as AW 2018 was displayed in the showrooms at Celine headquarters in the Rue Vivienne, the “work of Phoebe’s studio,” as we’re told. The last collection fully overseen by her will enter stores on June 4. Hedi Slimane is, meanwhile, working to set up his L.A.-Paris studio system for his reboot of the brand, to be revealed in September.
The fill-in season continues in the Philo spirit: the oversize coats; flared, slouchy-proportioned pantsuits; a knife-pleated, A-line dress with a drawstring neckline. The design team and developers she brought together shouldn’t be underestimated—after all, Philo was able to hire the most skilled of technicians and the brightest of graduate talents to work with her. As the remaining collective who backed up her extraordinary tenure, they projected forward enough to mesh in with at least two relevant trends of this season. One was an abstracted Little Red Riding Hood coat made from luxurious burgundy nappa leather; the other, a patchwork of silk headscarves. It was made into a dress, quirkily decorated with jeweled toggles. They were interesting. But the rest is History.​

vogue.com

In my opinion it looks very Phoebe. I don't want to sound ignorant but was she really that talented? Of course, she has changed the industry, however her collection seemed ridiculous for me. We could often see oversized, unflattering, plain ugly stuff. Sunglasses and bags were a hit but clothing? Not for me. (It doesn't change the fact that I love style and spirit that Celine had under her tenure.)

Today I got to see a few garments of Céline irl and it's indeed sad we won't have this level of perfection anymore. She was clearly on a league of her own. The quality and the design were simply outstanding.

It's also sad because hers was the only show I kind of expected every season, and now it's like I don't even have excitement for any brand at all.

I wonder who will be the next fashion leader...

i loved phoebe's first few collections but then it all went a bit samey, this is more of that so i'm not that disappointed.

i am excited to see what hedi will do.

So her departure is well justified and the message is that she could not fill those pants.

This collection is a genuine send-off for Phoebe at Céline. Certainty not as revolutionary has her time has been at house but I respect it for what its worth. I will definitely miss her perspective.

ETA: So this is actually the studio collection? Either way Phoebe essence is very visible.

Last edited by a moderator:
This collection is dead! It's joyless and depressing. These clothes look tortured and unloved. What a sad ending to a fabulous story.

Too bad she didn't do a proper final collection with a runway and all. But this is a nice facsimile of her work by the design team. A "greatest hits" would have been a better send-off though.

To me this is a bit like Phoebe's tenure greatest hits, the ribbed knit long dress, the leather burgundy coat, the suits. They did something rather discreet because that's just the way Phoebe was, discreet. Nothing flamboyant like Riccardo at Givenchy.

It's nothing shocking but you get that Phoebe feeling and you still have your beautifully made clothes (which has to do more with the Atelier, rather than with the studio tho) styled her way.

The way the photos are shot also helps you remind that this is still Céline, our good old' Céline

As the rest of the world, I'm super sad about this and I hope to be wrong but I have the feeling this is gonna be another ruined brand

This looks to me like Phoebe's rejects; like they went through the garbage pile, found some of her worst sketches and produced them.

I think this collection represents Phoebe well. The presentation is also a great representation of how understated she was, she didn't want a rainbow lighting installation like Christopher Bailey at Burberry... I think she wanted it simple and understated with no complimentary standing ovation so she could be refined in detracting away from Celine into her normality and everyday life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"