Céline Pre-Fall 2018

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by george5, May 2, 2018.

1. george5

george5 Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

voguerunway.com

2. george5

george5 Member

voguerunway.com

3. george5

george5 Member

voguerunway.com

4. george5

george5 Member

voguerunway.com

5. george5

george5 Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

voguerunway.com

6. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

So excellent. Truly so good.

A total high note to leave on from Phoebe. There's a smidge of Demna/Balenciaga in some of the looks and styling, but it's really not bothersome for me, because Phoebe does it better than Demna could ever.

There's a few shots in particular that are just perfect....that shot of the high high heel with the pearl drop earrings attached to the straps....are you kidding me?! It's gorgeous. The patchwork leather looks are fantastic, too.

But my favorite is definitely the fur coat with the hoodie underneath. Now that is a LOOK. So decadent, so over the top, so glamorous, it's so un-PC...I'm living! It almost reminds me in a certain way of early '00 Galliano Dior collections...in particular that boxing RTW collection around 2001.

Anyway...it's all good. Phoebe had a fantastic run. She did amazing work. Will miss her, but I'm ok with change. Hedi has a lot to live up to. If he pulls some angsty teen rock'n'roll sh*t here...I don't think most people will be happy in the slightest.

Frida likes this.
  7. Fahx

Fahx Member

Yes to this!

8. donyan

donyan Member

Oh dear.. this gives me the feeling she's gone, and that she was gone before this. And yes, there is a Balenciaga Feel about this that I find rather bothersome

9. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

The Balenciaga-Esque peices lack sophistication, but the rest makes up for it. The jewelry and shoes are fantastic! Kudos to their accessory team. I hope everyone knows what they're in for when Hedi takes over. :lol:

#9 GivenchyHomme, May 3, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Jill69: May 3, 2018
  10. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

An extremely mediocre swansong...the geometric looks deviate a lot from what she'd been showing as of late and remind me a bit of her earlier collections like S/S 2012 which I didn't like back them. She even took a last rip at Helmut with that puffer cape...

I only liked the mini dresses with those beautiful boots, the rest is just unnewsworthy. The streetwear influenced looks do nothing for me, with the exception of those huge sweatshirts on Binx. The presentation is so sterile.

11. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I'll probably get ripped to shreds but I thought this was designed by the in-house team until I started reading the review. :ninja:

12. StockholmFW

StockholmFW Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also thought Phoebe had nothing to do with this collection. Some pieces look great though.

13. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Very interesting and diverse collection from Phoebe.
    It's directional but less focused. I love it i'm kinda sad that the styling is so on trend because what i love about Celine is the timeless appeal and she is the one who brought back a certain idea of chic. It's too Demna messy for my taste!
    I love that the hoodies are in thick or fine wool instead of classic cotton. I also love the green leather pieces.
    I'm less convinced by the bi-color things, it's too early 90's for my taste
    and the obvious Lang/Margiela things are too easy! But the rest is really good!

I already see a lot of pieces to buy from this. Beautiful tailoring as usual.

I'm going to miss Phoebe but i'm excited for the next chapter of Celine. On thing is sure: tailoring will remain a focus for the brand!

14. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

“Sticky toffee pudding”....really???

I do really like everything though. Lol.