C’n’c Costume National S/s 05

Thanks runner

It’s better than nothing but still impossible to judge.

not at all
another three pics have been found...difficult to judge still.

6095img1.jpg

6095img2.jpg

6095img3.jpg

SURPRISE...!!!...i went on a market appt today and unbeknownst to me...the showroom now represents CNC...they may be having a press event after the shows...right now their in market and are only taking sales appts...but i slipped in and had a quick look...

so i saw the WHOLE collection...!!!...men's and women's...it's a full liine including shoes and accessories...

you GUYS are going to DIE over the shoes and boots...they are sort of futuristic/distressed high ankle boots with flat silver studs around the edge and sort of space age padded areas...aged natural and orangey tones of leather... the absolute highlight of the entire showroom..!!..the women's shoes are AMAZING as well...

there are some great denim pieces and there is a utilitarian feel to the clothes...awesome

one thing...many of the silhouettes are very narrow...a la Costume National...some of the pants are very close to the body...this will sell insanely well in asia...

women's colours are a lot of hot pink/fuschia...and dark denim...gathered fitted tops...adorable stretch denim knickers with pouch pockets and straps behind the knees...

sort of fitted and slouchy at the same time...

there you have it...an eyewitness report... :flower: :heart:

oh yes...and to use a faust expression...definite HIT..!!! :lol: :woot:

You loved it that much, softgrey? I've seen the lookbook for f/w 04 and I was underwhelmed. Maybe it was the styling or the models but it came across as a little tacky and trashy to me. Perhaps it's much different in person.

The shoes are definitely nice, though. If I recall correctly, the women's shoes had a bit of a Balenciaga fall 2002-ish vibe going on.

00007.L.JPG
00033.L.JPG
00029.L.JPG

i saw the pieces pulled apart...you know it's always different in the showroom...and the shoes were more boho..some of the women's sandals had a wooden platform...sort of like high heel clogs...there was one pair of suede peep toes with brass flat studs that i didn't want to put down...

it;s funny...because i looked at the mannequins...there were 2 or 3 in the middle of the room...and i though the same thing as you just said...i think that each piece has something going on so it's probably not good to wear it head to toe...but who does that anyway, right?...a top here, some knickers there, some fabulous shoes...

there were definitley some questionable jeans with jewels and glitter...a la dolce or cavalli...but not every piece can be a winner...

overall...the majority of the stuff was good...

it reminded me of john richmond actually...

i think i was also pleasantly surpriseed because i thought it was going to be really simple and boring...but there were some really innovative and interesting ideas scattered about.. :flower:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 12 2004, 08:46 PM
I'll have to give it another look. Where are they going to sell? Do you know?
[snapback]330203[/snapback]​
no idea...and i'm sure all of it won't go into production...i feel like i could tell which items were working and which weren't...there was so much stuff for a launch collection...but i guess they've got the financial backing...

YES... Great stuff and a good vision:smile: Can't wait for the boots!

sodid you see it too pete?...where?...

Actually, just going from what I saw here and your description. Your aesthetic is soooo close to mine its ridiculous. I trust your insight and know I'll love it. It's funny how this site aligns individual tastes with each other. I hope what you like makes it to retail!
Keep us posted. what showroom is it at? Showroom seven?

Wow, Softgrey it sounds amazing! Thanks! Was it the S/S collection you saw or was it the first F/W collection which should be about to hit stores?

Unfortunately this fall it’s only going to be available in 500 stores worldwide and probably none of these will be close to me. But in five years they head for a turnover of €120 million so they have to expand.

How were the accessories apart from the shoes? I remember having read that accessories played a really important part in the collection.

I'm sure it will be sold in Barneys Co-op. Barneys is keen on picking up new lables.

macchiom...you're welcome..i saw spring/summer...brand new...

as far as accessories-i'm sure that includes shoes as there were a number of them ...and just a few belts here and there and some random bags...nothing else that really stood out that i could see in my quick look...

i wonder if they will carry it in the costume national store...that would make sense...

truly my pleasure to share with you all... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 13 2004, 10:53 AM
macchiom...you're welcome..i saw spring/summer...brand new...

as far as accessories-i'm sure that includes shoes as there were a number of them ...and just a few belts here and there and some random bags...nothing else that really stood out that i could see in my quick look...

i wonder if they will carry it in the costume national store...that would make sense...
[snapback]330767[/snapback]​

It's possible, although I doubt it. They have so little space. A funny story comes to mind, when a few years ago I asked the salespeople at Yohji Yamamoto boutique if they'll cary Y's, they looked like I made them swallow a lemon :lol: "Oh, no, that's two very different lables, we have nothing to do with it." Walk into the boutique today :wink:

Originally posted by faust@Aug 13 2004, 11:10 AM
It's possible, although I doubt it. They have so little space. A funny story comes to mind, when a few years ago I asked the salespeople at Yohji Yamamoto boutique if they'll cary Y's, they looked like I made them swallow a lemon :lol: "Oh, no, that's two very different lables, we have nothing to do with it." Walk into the boutique today :wink:
[snapback]330794[/snapback]​

WHAT!!!...they have Y's now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
how could i not know this?????????????? :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carluaz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->