Cacharel

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by paprika_hiccup, Apr 19, 2004.

1. paprika_hiccup

paprika_hiccup Reanimated

I really love the FS- because I never have to do the leg-work myself :flower:

Only kidding . . . I did a pretty thorough google search, but I only came up with some ties and some underpants for men :ninja:

But- I bought a Cacharel shirt for my BF with a very cool circuit-board pattern and if possible, I'd like to see the rest of that collection. I was wondering if anyone has seen any pics men's stuff on the Cacharel runways? I didn't think they did a men's line . . .

I also checked their website, but I didn't find anything for men, and I couldn't find anything in my search here- thanks in adv ;)

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

not sure of Cacharel mens line

3. kit

kit New Member

Cacharel USED to do a men's line in the 70s / 80s , ( their men's trousers were ALWAYS beautifully cut ) , but the chain of shops got very passe and the whole line was revamped , the men's line being dropped and CLEMENTS RIBIERO were brought in to design the women's line , to inordinate success . :flower:

KIT :innocent:

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

thanks kit :flower:

5. paprika_hiccup

paprika_hiccup Reanimated

Thanks kit :flower: I'd never come across a men's Cacharel piece before- I am going to keep my eyes open now.

Here's a not-so-good pic of the circuit-board print -

6. kit

kit New Member

It just MAY be that CACHAREL have done some men's shirts , as this pattern recalls the genius in colour and pattern for which Clements Ribiero are renowned , but as for a full menswear collection , I think not , although it COULD be on the cards , with expansion etc.

Perhaps I'm going a little off topic here , for which LENA :heart: will reprove me , but Cacharel was one of the first French labels to become popular in the UK when French clothes became THE thing in the late 60s in London , where trendy clothes were available but dreadfully cheaply made .

BROWNS was started by Sir William Piggot-Brown in South Molton Street in the late 60s ( it was based on a famous French boutique in St. Tropez called CHOSES ) , and it sold forgotton labels like NOBLESSE DE PARIS , St. CLAIR shirts , the most wonderful velvet jeans in jewel colours by NEW MAN ( as worn by Rudolph Nureyev ) , and marvellous leather jackets and suits by DANIEL HECHTER , suits by TED LAPIDUS and trousers by CACHAREL .

These were middle-of-the-road French labels , but were REALLY something NEW in the London of trendy but utterly cheaply made clothes , as the French labels were beautifully made IN FRANCE .

There was another boutique , started by an Italian and his Belgian partner , called PIERO DE MONZI , which was on the Fulham Road , and sold similar stock .

BROWNS was later taken over by the BURSTEIN family ( who had started a similar shop called FEATHERS ) , and introduced labels like MISSONI to the mix , but Cacharel trousers for men were one of their staples .

Some of these labels still exist today , but are staid and fusty . Jean Jacques Picart wanted New Man to employ Hedi Slimane to regenerate the label , and imagine how HOT he could have made it , but the owners ( who also own LACOSTE ) , wanted to make it into a French Polo Ralph Lauren , and passed up on the chance .
    New Man trousers , like those of Cacharel , wre renowned for their FIT , which has never been bettered , imho .

I forget the name of Cacharel's owner , but he was famous as being mayor of a town in Southern France who really looked after his workers . Whether his clothes are still made in France , I don't know in these days of globalisation !

Anyway , best of look in searching out such interesting pieces . :flower:

KIT :innocent:

7. AniexDaffodil

AniexDaffodil New Member

i would love a link to buy womens cacharel clothing since i was having difficultly trying to find one on my own. thanks a lot.

8. kit

kit New Member

9. AniexDaffodil

AniexDaffodil New Member

thanks kit, the first link was great :heart:

10. bibisuperstar

bibisuperstar New Member

What do you think about Cacharel designed by Clements Ribeiro?