Caffeine - Friend or Foe?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Erin, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Who here has a love/hate relationship with caffeine? :blush:

I hate coffee, I hate drinking energy drinks... but I LOVE caffeine. It helps me to get my work done and puts me in a happy mood.

BUT.

When I consume it in the morning I am kept up at night, and most of these nights I have restless sleep. Then I'm tired the next day. It's frustrating!

I keep my coffee intake to 1-2 times per week (since I'm not working, when working, it's every weekday).

(I apologize if there is already thread, as I did my searches and didn't see any discussions on caffeine in general... :flower:)

2. Mary-Anne

Mary-Anne New Member

I love coffee... I love if for the taste mostly...with a splash of whole milk...Ahh :crush: but it keeps me very wired too so I have to be careful with it, if I drink it in the afternoon or later... I'm kept restless for the rest of the night :doh:

I also like it forms of tea & coca cola.

So caffeine; friend. B) You just have to know your limits I guess... kind of like alcohol.

3. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

Friend; I guess that brings me to the question--Caffeine: commitment or addiction? Or long-term relationship...

4. nolamartin

nolamartin New Member

I've to say that I'm a caffeine addict...
    I drink 4, 5 or 6 cups of coffee per day...and coca cola too
    so yeah, FRIEND!

5. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

I drink coffee all the time but it's mostly to fulfill my sugar cravings as I'm.. addicted to sugar.. caffeine is only one of too many supplements I take to keep it quiet. I'm usually found with a caramel frappé in hand.. I've even paved quite a reputation as the frappé addict but it isn't about coffee at all.. weeks can go by without drinking any caffeine, whatever serves as a good base for a nice ball of whipped cream and I'm done..

6. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Foe. :doh: I mean, when you really need a pick-me-up in the morning it's good, but I really do see people get addicted to it. Honestly, a good night sleep helps for people who can't wake up in the morning.

As for in soda, no biggie. I rarely notice a caffeine high. :lol:

7. purplethistle

purplethistle New Member

Caffeine is a friend when the right amount is comsumed at the right time. In the morning its coffee, afternoon tea and night its coca cola or I can't sleep at night. However I personally find coffee a bit like perfume, love the smell hate the taste.

8. paz2992

paz2992 New Member

is like my BF. i was an addict a couple of months ago but now not really, but i drink at least one or two cups of coffee a day.

and im not really into coca cola, i dont like it.

9. Jenna-maria

Jenna-maria New Member

energy drinks and pepsi max are my caffeine friends. i just cannot live without them wich is just stupid.

10. chaneladdict

chaneladdict New Member

caffeine really gives me some problems. It gives me a headache, and no matter what time of day I have it, I cant sleep that night. Sometimes even if I eat enough chocolate it happens. So I prefer to avoid it altogether!!

11. luluposh

luluposh New Member

i drink stupid amounts of coffee when prepping for exams/writing papers, but normally limit it to 1-2 mugs in the morning the rest of the time.

i never drink soft drinks/soda...i always order soda water instead.

12. Legyviel

Legyviel in the mood for love

ooh this is interesting! I don't think I'm addicted to caffeine, I have a cup of coffee in the morning and then maybe a cup of coffee in the afternoon if i'm feeling sleepy. Coca cola is great for that too, only i try to drink it on rare occasions as it's super sweet and fizzy too and that's not good.
    But yeah, I try not to drink too much of coffee because it makes me shaky and then sick... and i always have a glass of water after drinking coffee, so i don't get dehydrated!
    I don't drink energy drinks like red bull. i feel really sick after taking them!

13. Erin

Same with me... rarely notice a difference with soda... could be that I don't drink enough. ^_^

14. designerleather

designerleather New Member

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE my coffee... KONA! No sugar, no cream... just great coffee. Like everything else... in moderation. I have a couple of cups in the morning. I don't NEED the coffee, i.e. I am not half asleep in the morning, but I just enjoy the smell as well as the process of relaxing, doing some reading and slowly drinking my coffee.

15. Fewormany

Fewormany Member

Caffeine is great, just not after 6 p.m or I won't sleep.. :ninja:

16. Erin

^ Not after 11am for me... :innocent:

17. purplethistle

purplethistle New Member

only just realised in the last few days that coffee doesn't give me the pick me up in the morning effect but really does keep me up at night.

18. designerleather

designerleather New Member

^ I haven't noticed it much at night. I sometimes have it after dinner and have not had trouble sleeping, but that is also 3 - 4 hours before bed.

19. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

I've often had it about an hour or two before bed and I never have trouble sleeping.
    I don't find it picks me up in the morning either . . unless it's black. :shock:

20. Northern Star

Northern Star French Chic

Coffee is totally disgusting:yuk: only my opinion.