Calla F/W 10.11

GERGIN

Reaction score
Calla Haynes, 29, born in Toronto, based in Paris, is the designer behind the new label CALLA. After attending Parsons School of Design, she worked with Olivier Theyskens at Rochas and Nina Ricci where she honned her textile and print design skills.

Haynes’ collection is based on her idea of “relaxed luxury” - a brand that is unique and crafted, while at the same time modern and easy to wear. Her strong print designs are the foundation of each collection.

www.calla.fr

Calla14.jpg

Calla13.jpg

Calla12.jpg

Calla11.jpg

Calla10.jpg

Calla9.jpg

Calla8.jpg

Calla7.jpg

Calla6.jpg

Calla5.jpg

Calla4.jpg

Calla3.jpg

Calla2.jpg

Calla.jpg

Images from calla.fr

:heart: It's nice to see something that's simply gorgeous. I can definitely see why she worked for Olivier.

Yay, this is my first post.

I like the pants and the last look.

Yes, you definitely get a similar sensibility with these clothes in terms of proportion and cutting between her and Theyskens, but that's a good thing to me, especially since Olivier left the limelight and there are no signs of him surfacing elsewhere - Her pants are great and those printed, slim legged ones are a good example on how she really succeeded in giving her otherwise beautiful, feminine designs a welcome, boy-ish balance that adds a great deal of nonchalance to her otherwise very feminine designs.

Knowing that she's specialized in printing, you can definitely see how her input must have informed many of Olivier's collections in his later tenure at Rochas and even more so at Nina Ricci where you can only guess just how much freedom she was given on the fabric work and maybe even on the clothes themselves - The fact that she managed to bring back all these strengths to this small and focussed collection really makes for a very promising start of her venture and I'm looking forward to seeing how this evolves in the future!

I love the fabrics. There are some really great pieces in this collection, the slim trousers are awesome and the nude and black jacket is a real standout for me, I wish I could wear it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->