Calvin Klein 205W39NYC Resort 2019

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by tatouejeremie, Jul 4, 2018.

1. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

voguerunway.com

2. tatouejeremie

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

voguerunway.com

3. tatouejeremie

voguerunway.com

#3 tatouejeremie, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited by moderator HiDawl: Jul 4, 2018
  4. tatouejeremie

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

voguerunway.com

5. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Jil Sander 2011

6. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

7. tatouejeremie

he probably has one the best design teams out there and yet they can't come up with more than this

8. whippie

whippie Well-Known Member

Omg yes, so blatant, especially that yellow skirt. Raf's designs are not true to the heritage of the brand imo, it's not classic.

9. Pricciao

Pricciao Well-Known Member

Challenging color scheme and silhouette. I'd give it time to see how it's worn by normal people before deciding liking it or not. The photoshop seems strong in most of the looks they may appear totally different IRL.

10. maxlinden

maxlinden Active Member

I don't even care to criticize the collection, I just want that basketball bag and all the mens trousers.

They can miss me with those cowboy boots.

11. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

The firemen-inspired coats can be burned to ashes (pun intended), but I actually love this collection a lot despite the staggering similarity to Jil Sander Spring 2011. One of Raf's greatest yet most overlooked strengths is his usage of color. His idea of color-blocking toys with the right amount of wit and sophistication, a trait someone like Miuccia Prada used to possess several seasons ago.

However, I do think it's rather gratuitous for him to put a logo on turtleneck like Prada did. It's almost like both Prada and him ran out of fresh ideas to interpret this staple item, and the best they could do was exactly just that.

12. GreyVetiver

GreyVetiver Active Member

I find it ironic/weird to put the logo of a public school on their clothes and accessories and charge at least 4 digits for it...

13. GreyVetiver

GreyVetiver Active Member

I find it ironic/weird to put the logo of a public school on their clothes and accessories and charge at least 4 digits for it...

14. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

^Which of those is a public school? Aren't they private?

Mmmm...He's already done the whole "Privileged Ivy League Girls" for Jil Sander Pre-fall 2012 and countless times for his menswear line. This collection serves as the perfect example of the "been there, done that got the t-shirt". I will say that the womenswear portion of this is much better than that Jil collection which was just too stuffy to be something you would wear to college, plus he actually used the emblem of the schools instead of that ugly varsity type he also used for his twin peaks show.

The menswear does appeal to me minus those awful jackets, I would love to own that blue coat with colored ribbing and the knitwear pieces. Nothing particularly exciting but I think it will work at retail.

P.S: Raf's use of colour is NOT on the same league as Prada, his colour choices are neither as risky not as unexpectedly harmonious as those Miuccia has done over the years. Raf seems to only know primary, secondary shades and his color-blocking isn't anything that hasn't been done before by the likes of Benetton.

15. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

^Which of those is a public school? Aren't they private?

Mmmm...He's already done the whole "Privileged Ivy League Girls" for Jil Sander Pre-fall 2012 and countless times for his menswear line. This collection serves as the perfect example of the "been there, done that got the t-shirt". I will say that the womenswear portion of this is much better than that Jil collection which was just too stuffy to be something you would wear to college, plus he actually used the emblem of the schools instead of that ugly varsity type he also used for his twin peaks show.

The menswear does appeal to me minus those awful jackets, I would love to own that blue coat with colored ribbing and the knitwear pieces. Nothing particularly exciting but I think it will work at retail.

P.S: Raf's use of colour is NOT on the same league as Prada, his colour choices are neither as risky not as unexpectedly harmonious as those Miuccia has done over the years. Raf seems to only know primary, secondary shades and his color-blocking isn't anything that hasn't been done before by the likes of Benetton.

16. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Well-Known Member

so Americana...

17. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Well-Known Member

so Americana...

18. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

The color combos are exhausting and dated.

19. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

The color combos are exhausting and dated.

20. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

I went into the local Barney's for the first time in ages. And My God--does this doodoo look just as bad on the hanger as it does online?!?!