Calvin Klein 205W39NYC Resort 2019

I went into the local Barney's for the first time in ages. And My God--does this doodoo look just as bad on the hanger as it does online?!?!

It looks very JIL SANDER NAVY actually.
I like the pants, the piping in the outerwear, the balaclavas and the very Balenciaga fW2011 pants but that's it.

Raf's career post Jil Sander has been the most disappointing ever.

I like the pants, the piping in the outerwear, the balaclavas and the very Balenciaga fW2011 pants but that's it.

Agree. All the more so considering that Calvin Klein, unlike Dior, seemed at first a good match to his own modernist sensibility. I'm starting to think that working for Dior, for designers, is a bit of a jinx, the brand drains every bit of creative energy off the various people who work there.

Agree. All the more so considering that Calvin Klein, unlike Dior, seemed at first a good match to his own modernist sensibility. I'm starting to think that working for Dior, for designers, is a bit of a jinx, the brand drains every bit of creative energy off the various people who work there.

You can say that again.

I haven’t disliked what he’s done for Calvin so far, as far as runway collections are concerned - but this one is really quite obnoxious. The school logos and the basketball and football accessories are so hideous and could not look more desperate. Begging for Instagram hits with those.

I also feel like he’s quickly designed himself into a corner here at Calvin.

You can say that again.

I haven’t disliked what he’s done for Calvin so far, as far as runway collections are concerned - but this one is really quite obnoxious. The school logos and the basketball and football accessories are so hideous and could not look more desperate. Begging for Instagram hits with those.

I also feel like he’s quickly designed himself into a corner here at Calvin.

He also ended up designing himself into a corner at his own brand and at Dior, so color me surprised...still his runway shows thus far I've liked much more than those he did at Dior, even the gimmick galore this February was kind of tolerable because there were some fine dresses and coats.

He also ended up designing himself into a corner at his own brand and at Dior, so color me surprised...still his runway shows thus far I've liked much more than those he did at Dior, even the gimmick galore this February was kind of tolerable because there were some fine dresses and coats.

Alessandro Michele has build an empire with his limited thrift store/granny-chic and even expanded way beyond expectations with a killer campaign vocabulary. Raf is still stuck with cowboy boots, piped trousers, ridiculous collection titles and Willy Vanderperre. I thought Belgians do it better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alessandro Michele has build an empire with his limited thrift store/granny-chic and even expanded way beyond expectations with a killer campaign vocabulary. Raf is still stuck with cowboy boots, piped trousers, ridiculous collection titles and Willy Vanderperre. I thought Belgians do it better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sex and sensuality seems to be gone from this brand now. Disappointing

Sex and sensuality seems to be gone from this brand now. Disappointing

Gift shop chic. Very gimmicky and tricky. I would rather buy Gucci. Thanks.

Gift shop chic. Very gimmicky and tricky. I would rather buy Gucci. Thanks.

This Americana-semiotic stuff is just so on the nose and superficial :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->