Calvin Klein 205W39NYC S/S 2018 by Willy Vanderperre

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by pinopino, Jan 29, 2018.

1. pinopino

pinopino Member

Evocative of the reimagined American codes which Chief Creative Officer Raf Simons has established as his vision for the house, the season’s imagery nods to filmic tensions. American horror is juxtaposed with the mythic American dream, intrigue and mystery with beauty and horror. “They are both a part of life,” says Simons. “This collection is a celebration of that: a celebration of American life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weibo: leilss4reals

More pics to come

#1 pinopino, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited by moderator paulchristian: Jan 29, 2018
  2. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I think the images are interesting but it's too similar to last season, except they've moved away from the highway and ended up on a farm. It doesn't help that the clothes could easily be from Fall '17 either.

3. stilllikeit

stilllikeit Member

I see Julia, Mica, Lulu, Blesnya and Sara Grace.

4. June

June Well-Known Member

@dodencebt: I agree but still I prefer these images to the ones of the CK and the Eyewear Campaign by far!

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

The first shot looks like a bts image, and the rest are too zoomed out to work as campaigns. Can look pass the atrocious satin pieces, so hideous!
    Overall there's nothing new to see here.

6. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

I think I have trouble with the conception of the campaigns. These images add nothing to the clothes. Willy Vanderperre isn't versatile enough to do everything at CK. It becomes lifeless and lacks certain wow factor. Raf clothes would look amazing if shot by others. The cropping is also very weird.

7. guimon

guimon Well-Known Member

This looks like a beautiful editorial to me, but not an advertising campaign.
    Still, I think it's good. I like it better than last season's so far.

I like the mood and location. The cast is good, too. Looking forward to see more shots. :)

8. stilllikeit

stilllikeit Member

HQ

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    calvinklein.com

9. stilllikeit

stilllikeit Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    affaritaliani.it

10. stilllikeit

stilllikeit Member

https://www.fashionsnap.com/article/2018-01-29/calvinklein-2018spring/gallery/

Models: Alec Pollentier, Alyssa Traoré, Ariel Murtagh, Ben Allen, Blesnya Minher, Dylan Christensen, Ernesto Cervantes, Fernando Albaladejo, Jabali Sandiford
    Jared Manhardt, Jonas Glöer, Julia Nobis, Kalib Besher, Kiki Willems, Leila Goldkuhl, Lexi Boling, Lulu, Mica Argañaraz, Sara Grace Wallerstedt, Wangy(?)

#10 stilllikeit, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Philippine: Jan 29, 2018
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Cinematic? Hahahaha! Please, Willy Vanderperre can only wish. It's interesting that Prada and CK insist on 1001 campaigns but none of them look vaguely interesting. I wonder what's, or who's, the parallel between these two brands?

12. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Well-Known Member

i wonder if next season is going to feature the Texas Chainsaw killer. They look like stills from a horror movie

13. Zposen

Zposen Well-Known Member

Calvin Klein meets little house on the prairie :lol:... I am sorry but this is not going to appeal to American consumers...

14. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

OMG I can't believe that i'm finally here! :heart:

Two things to say: Leila is the perfect CK girl but dear Lord, Raf is making something iconic into something pretentious and boring AH.

15. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

I like it. The indoor shots are better though.

Still, they are too crowded. Raf should focus on just a few models and get rid of Leila and Julia as soon as possible. They are clearly the weakest link here.

16. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

Im sorry but Belgians trying to go all Americana looks REAL awkward here. I rooted for them though ( Sweet Raf and Pieter and Willy...) gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time around but I'm passing hard on this. It looks crowded, out of place, theatrical more than cinematical, over composed, try hard and with the carpets thrown in just plain stupid.

17. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

the shots taken from behind just remind me of the ones i usually take from models secretly when we go to the next location on set :lol: . I am not into this campaign, as usual very pretentious but i like, for once, Willy Vanderperre's images in colours.

18. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

As awkward and contrived as US Harper's Bazaar and their 'Parisian' edit with Paris Jackson. The irony is that they probably believe this is better due to the austere and hf vibe? If only.

Someone should explain to Willy Vanderperre that misé en scene and blocking is a craft, a talent. You either have it or you don't. He's trying to tell multiple stories in one frame and it falls flat just like it did with CK's debut campaign. Leave this sort of thing to Leibovitz and get back to shooting cold and sterile edits for Another, you're in way over your head!

19. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

I actually like the images, looks like the story for The Walking Dead, next season they'll be in an abandoned jail.
    Isn't this the same place where he shoot the Kardashians / Jenners / Gerbers, even the blankets are the same.

20. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

I wish!!!
    If this is cinematic - this is one boring movie.