Calvin Klein 205W39NYC S/S 2018 by Willy Vanderperre

It’s very busy and incoherent. I’m very confused as to why there’s one guy laying there in his underwear. If they think that’s sexy, then they need to get their eyes checked. This could have been a knockout with a sexier cast. The models chosen, well... they don’t work. Such a waste of resources.

I don't see a tacky p*rnstar here, yes!

The outdoor shots are gorgeous... Yes Benn-- it is absolutely awkward, contrived and forced in that painfully pretentious way that only Raf can muster. But it works in all its artificial glory.

Calvin Klein 205W39NYC S/S 2018
HQs with Logo

Creative Director: Doug Lloyd
Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Stylist: Olivier Rizzo
Hair: Anthony Turner
Makeup: Lynsey Alexander
Casting Director: Ashley Brokaw

theimpression

Only like the solo shots. I still am bugged with the model choice. I just can't relate these models to Americans

I really love the sinister/creepy vibe of the images. It's a credit to Vanderperre's cold and detached style that really works well here. There's almost a cultish aspect to it which I think is fitting when you look at the sort of 'American horror' inspiration that Raf had for the collection.

All the compositions are quite interesting but I think the single individual shots are definitely stronger and better than the group ones.

I would have prefer to see Kiko. I was so sure she's gonna be in it since she was CK exclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->