Calvin Klein Jeans S/S 2008 : Kate Bosworth by David Sims

Ed..

cape cod kwassa kwassa!
Reaction score

wwd.com

SHOWS ARE WORTH GOING TO AFTER ALL: What does turning up at a fashion show get an actress beyond a free dress, glass of Champagne and gift bag? Well, maybe an ad campaign — just ask Kate Bosworth, who landed the job for Calvin Klein Jeans after she attended the spring show for Collection in New York in September and cohosted the postshow dinner for Francisco Costa. "She's so loyal," said Malcolm Carfrae, senior vice president, global communications. "After the show, she came and met with virtually everyone [at Calvin Klein]."

For her part, Bosworth said that "to be featured in a Calvin Klein Jeans campaign, with its history of iconic imagery, is very exciting for me." While the actress appears regionally in China for Coach, this is her first global campaign.

The images, shot by David Sims in New York, represent a return to a "clean, pure and simple all-American" look, said Carfrae, a departure from last season with Jamie Burke, who was decidedly more edgy and gritty. Bosworth is currently filming "21" and apparently will be profiled in the February issue of Vogue. The ads break in the February issues of major fashion titles.

The Collection ads, shot by Fabien Baron, feature 16-year-old model Toni Garrn, whom they have exclusive rights to use.

For Calvin Klein white label, Halle Berry's paramour, Gabriel Aubry, is again appearing in the ads, alongside model Doutzen. "She was relatively unknown two years ago, in a campaign we did with her, and now she has become a Vogue favorite," added Carfrae. Aubry is also the face of Calvin Klein Sport. Mikael Jansson shot the pair in Los Angeles, styled by Karl Templer, who worked on all the campaigns.

Apparel for ck Calvin Klein will launch in the U.S. in the spring, and be supported with a regional ad campaign. Models Ali Stephens and Laurent Albucher, who were also photographed by Sims, will be seen in Chicago, San Francisco, New Jersey and Westchester County in New York. Collectively, Carfrae said Calvin Klein's budget for advertising rose 10 percent from last year — which was also up 10 percent from the prior year.

In other Calvin Klein news, the company tapped Denise Zamarioni as the Milan-based vice president of public relations for Europe. Zamarioni joined from Vivienne Westwood, where she was the London-based international head of press since 2001. At CKI she will be in charge of all communications and event efforts in Europe and the Middle East and report to Carfrae, who is based in New York. — Amy Wicks

So this is it? I'm not so keen on it.

oh fug! no doubt now kate's getting a us vogue cover as predicted:ninja:

thanks for posting
Ed..
:flower:

She looks so WASPY - not at all what I perceive as Calvin Klein. I guess I'm wrong :lol:

i hate it when people dont even give some of these actresses a chance...i mean i get it...actresses should act and model's should model etc...but pretend you dont know she's an actress...she looks gorgeous...effortless and all american and perfect for calvin klein jeans imo...

the ads are beautiful...i adore them...cant wait for hq's...:heart:

No. That's not it for me - she really does not look American at all to me. And especially not Calvin Klein American.

She looks so suffering somehow - I don't like it.

well thats ok jeisa...you're allowed to not like it..my comment wasnt aimed directly at you...

:flower:..

i have to disagree though...i do think she looks very all american..
and i'm not even usually a big fan of the all american look...but she looks very pretty i think..
and she looks wholesome with just enough 'edgy' thrown in..

can you explain what you mean by 'suffering'?...

can you explain what you mean by 'suffering'?...

Hehe, yes, she has that awful "Do you like me?" and/or "Am I doing enough to save the world?" look on her face. And almost "Are you doing enough to save the world?" which is a real turn-off not to say reason to tear out these pages from every mag I buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate it when people dont even give some of these actresses a chance...i mean i get it...actresses should act and model's should model etc...but pretend you dont know she's an actress...she looks gorgeous...effortless and all american and perfect for calvin klein jeans imo...

the ads are beautiful...i adore them...cant wait for hq's...:heart:

Amen to that and karma

you want some more :lol::flower:

EDIT: Some more - ranting...

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm always afraid that it's going to be a bad campaign when they pick celebrities instead of models (especially when the last face was Lara Stone) but i think Kate looks beautiful. i really like it.

These looks pretty nice. Even though I wouldn't mind if they would have continued sexy ad line (maybe with Lara) but all American looks nice too for change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->