Calvin Klein S/S 10 New York

Wow, what a pleasant surprise... :heart:
The fabrication is amazingly beautiful and the silhouettes manage to be nostalgic yet totally modern... A different shoe would have drastically taken away from the spirit of the collection... the flats are the perfect balance... the clothing is truly the focus here, while everything else is a secondary albeit beautiful...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! the colours, cuts, textures!!!!!

(i actually really like these shoes!) Loving the lower heeled trend - means my feet will survive!

The textural pieces look interesting, but I'm not too fond of the brown looks.

I love this collection, definitely one of the best :D

can whoever has access to the full collection please post it?

i messaged the guy who posted the four images from catwalking to post, not sure if he will but i tried. i'd like to see the full collection as well.

Well Im pretty sure the full collection is on getty now if someone wants to post it.

c01.jpg
c02.jpg

c03.jpg
c04.jpg

c05.jpg
c06.jpg

c07.jpg
c08.jpg

catwalking

Last edited by a moderator:
This is gorge. The textures however remind me of you know who...

It looks better seeing the pictures side by side as opposed to one right after the other. It's actually better than I thought it was initially, but still nothing to exciting, and not one showstopping piece.

it looks like he got his inspiration from a dress made by last season's Project Runway contestant or this is what happens when you bring your dirty clothes to a bad dry cleaners. I can't imagine what the clothes would look like worn by real people. Bring back Calvin, he's too young to be in retirement.

the shoes are bad! I don't think many people would pull them off- or want to.
I mostly just like the white peices

i like it. not all the looks are good, but in general i like the crinkly fabrics, the textures.

i totally dig the white section which has less to do with the whole inspiration and more with the core CK aesthetic (plus the 'soft geometry' stuff as seen a year before). but i do feel it took CK team some guts to go for the whole silhouette, for this kind of proportion. i really think this collection will have a big impact on the industry this season. it doesn't necessarily feel new (as someone smartly brought up 90s here) but it does feel refreshing. this season when everybody seems to have merely no idea of where the whole vehicle is driving to, such a distinctive and solid vision must be respected, if not appreciated.
as for the shoes, they reminded me of something Alessandro Dell'Acqua did last year. they are sensuous and sexy in a very fetishistic, very f***ed up kind of way. i don't think the clothes (and at that point shiny oily flesh) would work that well without these shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->