Calvin Klein S/S 10 New York

This isn't my cup of tea, I hate raggy clothes in general. BUT that being said, the whole collection makes you feel like you're flying. There's a HUGE feeling of airiness and lightness in the clothes. The neutral colours and the earthy natural fabrics stirs up your imagination and makes you feel like you could be sitting in a huge straw field somewhere far away and undisturbed. Now THAT'S luxury.
So even though the actual collection itself doesn't appeal to me in terms of its clothes, I greatly appreciate the ability for this collection to tap into your emotions.

I really love the collection, just trying not to pay attention to the shoes. So happy Francisco didn't let me down ^_^

a review from style.com :lucky:

NEW YORK, September 17, 2009

By Nicole Phelps

Practicing his signature brand of arty minimalism, Francisco Costa replaced the sharp angles and dark colors of his Fall lineup with soft, organic shapes and light-reflecting neutrals. It made for a Spring collection more sensuous than blatantly sexy—and more youthful in feeling than his recent efforts. He opened with a white one-sleeve bubble dress that, like the needle-punched nylon coat that came down the runway a few looks later, caught air behind the model as she walked. When he wasn't experimenting with volume, Costa was creating interesting textures: smocking and puckering cotton voile for an A-line shift, or hand-pleating and pintucking an organdy dress. Playing natural off techno, and sheer against opaque, the designer sent out mohair jacquard tank dresses that shaded from black to brown to gray and revealed subtle swaths of skin. The only departure from the show's earthy palette was a group of crinkled silk-cotton tank dresses and asymmetrical shifts in shades of pale aqua, citron, coral, and jade.

If there's a criticism to be made, it's that the unstructured bareness of these clothes requires the sylphlike frame of a Thandie Newton, who sat in the front row along with Eva Mendes, Rose Byrne, and Jamie Dornan. But the weightless ease of these dresses has an undeniable appeal; this was a serene beauty of a collection from Costa.

i swear that francisco costa and michael kors have colluded to create this collection. while i can appreciate the handiwork that went into these clothes, costa could have easily put out a half-hearted architechtural presentation and called it a day. that collection would've stood head and shoulders above most of what we saw this week. instead, we get this collection which will sell -- because calvin klein has the most locked in clientel on this planet -- which took a risk but really looks like a less-than-executed donna karan collection.

it's gorgeous, don't get me wrong, and it's focused, but just not playing to his own strengths. especially in a season where donna did it better.

I think it has been one of the best collections of this season so far... maybe it isn't the best Francisco Costa can do, but I absolutly love every look and regarding the shoes, they aren't my cup of tea but I agree that they fit with the spirit of the collection and the overall spirit of calvin klein in general. I can hardly imagine one of these delicate dresses with a pair of killer heels.

The serene and classic beauty created by Costa is hard to find today. I think it's one of the collections that is going to be more respected in the real world because you can actually imagine it in real people, with real accesories, handbags,combine with other deigners, etc and it works pretty well, both for formal and casual attire (although I read that some of you don't think the same)

it's true that donna did it better this season, but francisco keeps always the same direction and that's something to appreciate. it's his signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
thinking twice, this is a kind of collection that Zara can easily copycat for spring... I have realize that this year I bought a blue skirt at Zara that can really fit in the idea (with no further comparaison, of course!)

Love, nice colors and the textures ( no need to iron wrinkled pieces lol, saves time), not sure about the shoes though... if they are comfy to wear that is but this 'updated' look is okay, I dont like regular flats anyways.

I am seeing a great deal of Issey Miyake in here, but clearly re-interpreted from a younger generation's, decidedly western point of view. It's nice and besides the critique, I see these clothes (and shoes) fitting well into the kind of women's wardrobe that also understands and enjoys wearing designers like Dries, Ann, or indeed Miyake, Yohji or Junya.

i think its wonderful, best of ny. it is indeed appealing to those who wear the designers you mentioned tricot, perhaps because there is a japanese feel to it that resonates with a rumble not a roar. everything is so precise yet it has a free form quality. the shoes are sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
omg i'm in love with this collection. something so clean yet organic about it.

I love ittt, so simple n chic :heart::heart:
& I actually find it very wearable, as formal & casual.

I hate those things that have seemed to replace shoes :ninja:

I. Love. This.

I just wish they didn't use the creased fabrics, since Prada did it a full year earlier, and it's always a silly thing to do something same that Prada did before....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->