Calvin Klein Uomo s/s 2005

i like his use of yellow in such a 'correct' tone, his greens and deep reds are very welcome but the shapes and whole mood doesn't do much for me.. i was hoping for more

thanks for the topic acid

I did not like it, really. I find it tapping too much into the younger consumer or influenced by them. Such as the khaki shorts and as Sean pointed out, the "cheap punky belts." It lacked sophistication. Peroid

there is a new CK menswear designer , Italo Zuccelli, hence the obvious change in the mood :wacko:

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 3:13 am
there is a new CK menswear designer , Italo Zuccelli, hence the obvious change in the mood :wacko:
He's been the new CK men's designer for a few seasons now hasn't he? I noticed a bit of a change in mood with s/s 04.

Love the colours...

A good mix of what Calvin Klein is all about and a mix of fresh palette...

LOVE THE BI-COLOURED BELTS!!!!!!

All in all... kinda remind me of Banana Republic meets Marc Jacobs :lol:

It's nice well some of it, it's a little boring though i like the past few collections more.

extracts from a Suzy Menkes at IHT

Color is unequivocally the message from Milan's spring/summer 2005 menswear season. When Calvin Klein, a label once known for its neutral shades, sends out a cool guy in mustard yellow from tank top, through pants to sneakers, you know that color has penetrated the male wardrobe.
"I took my colors from a book on wrestling and from photographs in India - and I tried to mix them together in a very chic way," said designer Italo Zucchelli who took over from the eponymous Klein last year. The Italian-born designer juiced up a quiet palette and his confident collection played with both color and texture. He layered turquoise and green tank tops, mixed a pink shirt with burgundy pants and made a short raincoat in metallic green. Such "changing" fabrics seem familiar for suits, but they reinforced the message that sheen/shine is a strong trend.
The rich Calvin Klein shades were set against a quieter backcloth: a beige suit with its linear form outlined as if with white tape; or a rubbery black raincoat with similar effects. A plain perforated shirt, worn with beige pants and sneakers, with tongue but no laces. This all showed the attention to detail that is the mantra of post-minimalism in men's design.

not bad.
the colors are cute, fresher.
nothing too impressive but a safe and nice CK collection.

I am really feeling this. Loved the color, kept the simple shapes modern. I love the reds!!!!!! I am making some mustard color linen trousers for my client right now. I tried to steer him towards the rust/red colors also. I like the spicy tones from the far east.

Originally posted by Dior@Jul 4th, 2004 - 8:02 pm
I think the simpler the better :woot:
ditto...
i liked a few things from this collection.
i really like the shade of red used... :innocent:

Originally posted by h_bazaar@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 4:35 am
All in all... kinda remind me of Banana Republic meets Marc Jacobs :lol:
That's a good way to describe it, kudos. :flower:

I really favor this collection... Personally, I am not into the brights, and the crazy colors and match-ups and whatnot, so this really hits the spot.

Sophisticated. Classy. I dig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->