Calvin Klein White Label S/S 2018

9sete

Reaction score
Models: Ben Allen, Julia Nobis, Jabali Sandiford, Leila Goldkuhl, Lexi Boling, Lineisy Montero.

calvinklein

Yesss Ashley! Come through with that cast.

Ashley Brokaw is a huge believer that diversity is black and white

Thank god Lineisy finally got an ad this season.

The shade. :lol:

Didn’t really mean it in a shady way tbh :lol:
She deserves much more.

Overall, this campaign is ok. Nothing exciting. Better than what Willy has been doing though

Sweet baby Jesus, this is boring. Julia is like Tina Turner, never retiring for real.

+ Samantha Ellsworth and that is not Jabali Sandiford. It's Salomon Diaz.

Nice cast overall.

Cute for the white label. It works. I like the vibe.
Although all of the campaigns look the same/were probably shot at the same location (CK CK, Jeans and now White)

This is definitely the most boring out of the CK bunch, and with the worst cast of the season at that.

I thought the white label is no longer exist.

Ashley Brokaw is a huge believer that diversity is black and white

NO

After Ashley taking Prada, the most important brand, but also the most white-washed brand in casting from Russell, Ashley changed the casting of Prada in 180'. In her first season, she cast Sung Hee to Prada Campaign, which was the first time asian female model featured in Prada Campaign. After that Ashley cast Fei Fei, Jing Wen, Chu Wong, He Cong, Xie Chaoyu, Wang Hongyu and Kohei in various Prada campaigns, and she has cast at least 4 asian female models in their shows. (This season Ashley cast 7 Asian female models which is the highest number at Prada as I know) This change in Prada affected all the other high fashion brands' way of casting in asian models.

Also, she is the only casting director who cares asian models in my opinion.

Calvin Klein CK One S/S 2018 - Wangy
Calvin Klein Jeans S/S 2018 - Kohei
Calvin Klein 205W39NYC S/S 2018 - Wangy
Calvin Klein Performance S/S 2018 - Kohei, Wangy
Chloe S/S 2018 - Jing Wen, Radhika Nair
Coach S/S 2018 - Kiko, Kohei
Louis Vuitton S/S 2018 - Sora
Prada S/S 2018 - Kohei, Xie Chaoyu
Zara S/S 2018 - Kiko

These are the brands Ashley cast asian models in this season. Nobody cast asian models like that.

(The other brands Ashley cast are Loewe(Saskia, Vittoria and Oliver Sonne), Paco Rabanne(OG - Londone Myers), Raf Simons (OB - Luca Lemaire) and Proenza Schouler (Sasha and Mariacarla))

Also, you have to know that Ashley is working with stylists who literally don't work with asian models at all in their editorial works. The last time Benjamin Bruno worked with asian models is The Gentlewoman 16 S/S ,the last time Olivier Rizzo worked with asian models in editorial is Vogue Italia June 2016, China Issue, and Max Pearmain didn't worked with Asian Models in 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO

After Ashley taking Prada, the most important brand, but also the most white-washed brand in casting from Russell, Ashley changed the casting of Prada in 180'. In her first season, she cast Sung Hee to Prada Campaign, which was the first time asian female model featured in Prada Campaign. After that Ashley cast Fei Fei, Jing Wen, Chu Wong, He Cong, Xie Chaoyu, Wang Hongyu and Kohei in various Prada campaigns, and she has cast at least 4 asian female models in their shows. (This season Ashley cast 7 Asian female models which is the highest number at Prada as I know) This change in Prada affected all the other high fashion brands' way of casting in asian models.

Also, she is the only casting director who cares asian models in my opinion.

Calvin Klein CK One S/S 2018 - Wangy
Calvin Klein Jeans S/S 2018 - Kohei
Calvin Klein 205W39NYC S/S 2018 - Wangy
Calvin Klein Performance S/S 2018 - Kohei, Wangy
Chloe S/S 2018 - Jing Wen, Radhika Nair
Coach S/S 2018 - Kiko, Kohei
Louis Vuitton S/S 2018 - Sora
Prada S/S 2018 - Kohei, Xie Chaoyu
Zara S/S 2018 - Kiko

These are the brands Ashley cast asian models in this season. Nobody cast asian models like that.

(The other brands Ashley cast are Loewe(Saskia, Vittoria and Oliver Sonne), Paco Rabanne(OG - Londone Myers), Raf Simons (OB - Luca Lemaire) and Proenza Schouler (Sasha and Mariacarla))

Also, you have to know that Ashley is working with stylists who literally don't work with asian models at all in their editorial works. The last time Benjamin Bruno worked with asian models is The Gentlewoman 16 S/S ,the last time Olivier Rizzo worked with asian models in editorial is Vogue Italia June 2016, China Issue, and Max Pearmain didn't worked with Asian Models in 3 years.

the world doesn't consist of white, black and asian
and ashley's 'diversity' casting feels very tokenism to me

+ Samantha Ellsworth and that is not Jabali Sandiford. It's Salomon Diaz.

Nice cast overall.

Cute for the white label. It works. I like the vibe.
Although all of the campaigns look the same/were probably shot at the same location (CK CK, Jeans and now White)

Yes, I like this cast. They perform well like last season.

Any idea of the guy on the ninth pic?

3 more pics
UkQN08nm

qWoDV5za

QX32af3p

calvin klein

+Kohei Takabatake,Line Kjaergaard

I read that the photographer is Daniel Jackson

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members