Canadian Designers and Labels

Canadian Fashion Designers

I didn't really know where to post this. i'll delete it if its in the wrong place.

I was wondering, what are some well known, canadian high fashion designers? The only one i know of is jeremy laing. I would like to go into fashion but its obviously disconcerting when you can think of any from your country of education. so i'm hoping i'm wrong and that there are alot more that i don't know of that have made it big.

thank you :smile:

a little late...
Merged with existing thread :flower:
Canadian Designers and Labels

Please do a search first before starting a new one ; Thank you
Hopefully you can get some help here, chessmess

I was wondering, what are some well known, canadian high fashion designers? The only one i know of is jeremy laing. I would like to go into fashion but its obviously disconcerting when you can think of any from your country of education. so i'm hoping i'm wrong and that there are alot more that i don't know of that have made it big.

Here are some names for you to check out. I found some of them in the Feb 2008 Issue of Fashion. There is a great editorial featuring our hot designers.

Rad Hourani - He was one of the style.com's top new collections for spring 2008
Kalam Lee of Malak by Kalam Lee
Paul Sinclaire of Trevor+Chase
Mikhael Kale
Lida Baday
Paul Hardy
Greta Constantine
Renata Morales
Philip Sparks - got a nod on Refinery 29

You can check out some of the designer's looks at this post I wrote for blogTO.
http://blogto.com/fashion_style/2007/10/lfw_spring_2008_holt_renfrew_designer_personal_appearances

Philip Sparks Runway review
http://blogto.com/fashion_style/2007/10/lfw_spring_2008_philip_sparks

^that's the only person i can think of that truly stands out. but there is also a new rising designer out of halifax with a label called 'complexgeometries' that's rather interesting.

to be honest,however,after years of following tim blanks and jeanne baker's programmes,canadian fashion leaves alot to be desired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rysjxgmvx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->