Candy #4 Summer 2012 : Tilda Swinton by Xevi Muntane

Lee MG Tisci

Reaction score

Models.com presents an exclusive preview: Candy #4

CANDY 4TH ISSUE
SUMMER 2012
THE EXTRA EXTRAVAGANCE ISSUE

When it comes to making a fashion impact in short order, no one can compete with Candy Magazine. The groundbreaking glossy broke boundaries as the first transgender publication and in 3 issues it has garnered a cult-like following in and out of the industry. Afterall, what is better than a taste of candy? With their impressive roster of contributors and edgy editorials featuring the best models, actors and entertainers around Candy presents as bold as vision as we’ve seen. Headed by Luis Venegas, the magazine’s is especially timely today, on the International Day Against Homophobia and rest assured, with the 4th edition they don’t hold back.

A slew of industry insiders came together to create content that is guaranteed to tantalize. Androgynous cover star Tilda Swinton delivers a stellar turn in Xevi Muntane’s glamourous images, while Steven Klein’s erotic portfolio explores masculine romance with a sci-fi twist. We’re sure this is the first male pregnancy editorial you’ve ever seen. The provocative content doesn’t stop there, with fresh edits from David Armstrong – who commemorates the shots Nan Goldin took of him and Juan Gatti – who captures drag’s superstars, also demanding attention. Take a look inside Candy to experience it all for yourself – only in MDX.

Cover credits:
TILDA SWINTON
PHOTOGRAPHY: XEVI MUNTANE
CREATIVE DIRECTION AND STYLING: JERRY STAFFORD @ CLM London

Dress : Antony Price burnished gold plissé lamé couture ‘Rolls Royce’ dress especially created for Tilda Swinton and Candy magazine.
Hair: Odile Gilbert @ L’atelier(68)
Make Up: Lloyd Simmonds @ Agence Carole.
Manicure: Akiri Sugino @ Artlist Paris.
Style Consultants: Laurent ‘Lola’ Mercier & Louis Heel
models

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought I'd say this, but I don't like the way Tilda looks.

And here's the Steven Klein ed:

Candy Magazine
“Baby Boom”
Photo: Steven Klein
Styling: Patti Wilson
Models: Mitch Baker & Kevin Baker

soulartistmanagement (via heelscatchfire)

That male pregnancy editorial is just too much for me! :lol:

Well, considering this is a transgender magazine and the theme of the issue is 'Extravagance' this is really well done and the theme is certainly executed perfectly. Going solely by my own personal taste I still don't like it because I don't like all the gold and the voluminous red hair on Tilda.

I don't like the Baby Boom editorial. :ninja: And please don't tell me those Baker guys are brothers.

Normally I don't mind a risky Steven Klein ed. But this ed is just too much. The closet with dildo's and the male pregnancy thing just look extremely tasteless.

I never thought I'd say this, but I don't like the way Tilda looks.

And here's the Steven Klein ed:

Candy Magazine
“Baby Boom”
Photo: Steven Klein
Styling: Patti Wilson
Models: Mitch Baker & Kevin Baker

soulartistmanagement (via heelscatchfire)

other models: Corinna Ingenleuf, Chris Fawcett & Loammi Goetghebeur

models.com

Marcel Castenmiller AND Ethan James | PHOTOGRAPHY: David Armstrong

models.com

TRANSHISPANIA | PHOTOGRAPHY: Juan Gatti | STYLING: NOEMÍ VÁZQUEZ

models.com

Normally I don't mind a risky Steven Klein ed. But this ed is just too much. The closet with dildo's and the male pregnancy thing just look extremely tasteless.
I feel the same way...I usually love Steven's provocative eds but this feels a little bit flat and contrived to me.

The male pregnancy ed is definitely not for me, but I can appreciate Tilda's transformative quality...
the makeup is really beautiful on her

love the cover but the pregnant men r weird Transhispanic is also interesting

I don't like the cover, but the eds are okay.

i love it all. the baby boom ed is fine by me, it's provocative i guess and i think it's meant to make people react as much as possible but yeah i can see it being "too much" for some although the whole idea of the mag is about gender and it's ideas and all that.

You guys realize that trans men exist thus male pregnancy is possible and not a "stupid idea" right

^ Let's be real, the editorial isn't about trans men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->