Capucci S/S 2004 - Milan

Astrid21

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad green is a dominating color, but I think in this case it's a tad bit overwhelming. :doh:

why does everything look like a garbage bag?

oh, yeah. they are garbage bags.

this is just too much. and too sloppy.

capucci used to be lovely and innovative.

why bring back a line, if this is the result???? :cry:

and the accessories? yikes.

:rolleyes: of course, B.Willhelm is still locked at the screaming '80s trap, hiding his true talents behind a veil of total hype.
Clever designer choice from the Capucci people,
*half crazy talented German for hype & hot PR at Pret-a-Porter,
*genious, legendary Spanish designer (Sibylla) for Capucci Haute couture.
clever product/pr/press management :wink:

Do I like it? well, not at all :innocent:
I don't mind the bright green
-which I already mix with blacks, pale rose and reds-
but those done-to-death '80s baggy shapes, pleeeease
are a bit too :rolleyes: erhh.. tired?

I don't know about you but this doesn't seem like the same Bernhard to me. If you look at the last collection he did for Capucci,it looked like typical Bernhard Willhelm shilouettes except less cartoonish of course. I'm not sure about this,really :unsure:

Compared to the green in the Krizia collection this green is a little off. Most of the collection is to shapeless.

I don't like this at all. Its too sloppy and the colors aren't effective. :wacko:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 3:01 am
:rolleyes: of course, B.Willhelm is still locked at the screaming '80s trap, hiding his true talents behind a veil of total hype.
I do nto think Willhelm is about hype at all :unsure:

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Oct 3rd, 2003 - 7:54 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Oct 3rd, 2003 - 7:54 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 3:01 am
I do nto think Willhelm is about hype at all :unsure: [/b][/quote]
I don't think she meant him in particular but this 80's phenom he seems to be keen on,Space*.

He's garnered himself quite alot of attention though. But I think its far more deserving since his work is always so original
:wink: B) :heart: :flower: :woot: :D :clap:

Originally posted by Scott+Oct 3rd, 2003 - 7:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 3rd, 2003 - 7:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 7:54 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Lena
@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 3:01 am

I do nto think Willhelm is about hype at all :unsure:
I don't think she meant him in particular but this 80's phenom he seems to be keen on,Space*.

He's garnered himself quite alot of attention though. But I think its far more deserving since his work is always so original
:wink: B) :heart: :flower: :woot: :D :clap: [/b][/quote]
Deffinetly agree, he is oen of teh more original designers of curant fashion, I agree about teh 80's style though, however much I adore it, i do think that it needs to move on, I think though that it is apart of his style that he will keep, but I would like to see it mixed in with some new ideas and may be some of his childish naivetie that I adore so much :heart:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 4th, 2003 - 7:16 am
some of his childish naivetie that I adore so much :heart:
ditto space :wink:
i adore Berhards childish mood, i'm almost :angry: 'angry' that he's not working more on this direction.

I like green, but that's "jolly green giant" green. :blink: It makes the clothes look very cheap.

this green is already out at your local Zara, very hot for the next two season but i prefer this in small doses. This color in dresses, it really is a bit too much Anoush. :wink:
(i have a leather bag that i wear a lot since July and a simple roll neck, but its too hot to wear yet.)

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 3rd, 2003 - 11:37 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 3rd, 2003 - 11:37 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Oct 4th, 2003 - 7:16 am
some of his childish naivetie that I adore so much :heart:
ditto space :wink:
i adore Berhards childish mood, i'm almost :angry: 'angry' that he's not working more on this direction. [/b][/quote]
I really must agree :cry:

Well if he dosnt move back into his childishness, then at least you will have me showing in a couple of years and I do love childishness :lol:

i must say this collection is mighty boring.....and resembles the vegetables i eat for extra iron before i have a race :lol:

00015.L.JPG
00003.L.JPG

00005.L.JPG
00031.L.JPG

firstview.com

I happened to enjoy this collection, wanted to add pictures to the thread.

Is he still designing for Capucci or no?
00037.L.JPG
00034.L.JPG

00051.L.JPG
00055.L.JPG

Mainly I appreciate this collection because it allows you to see some of the ideas Willhelm works with in a more pared-down way than he presents in the shows for his line. It can be overwhelming to look at those, and you can't even pay attention to the interesting things he is doing with the clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->