Carey & Shia break up?

sethii

Reaction score
Carey Mulligan: Wall Street fails to pay love dividend

Carey Mulligan is returning to Britain from America after cooling her relationship with Shia LaBeouf, her co-star in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.
By Richard Eden
Published: 6:26AM BST 17 Oct 2010

LaBeouf_1740867c.jpg

Carey Mulligan and Shia LaBeouf in Cannes for the 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps' premiere
Photo: REX

Starring in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps was good for Carey Mulligan's bank balance, but it does not seem to have brought any lasting satisfaction in her love life.

Mandrake hears that the 25-year-old actress is returning to Britain after cooling her relationship with Shia LaBeouf, 24, who played her boyfriend in the film.

"I'm moving back to England: it's a long story," she told friends at the premiere of her latest film, Never Let Me Go, in the West End of London.

When I asked the actress, who was a boarder at Woldingham School, in Surrey, why she was returning just a few months after she had professed her love for New York, she was demure. "I am spending some more time here at the moment," she said. "Just spending time with my family, really."

Last December, I disclosed that Mulligan had embarked on a romance with her American co-star in the sequel to Wall Street, whose theme was "greed is good". Oliver Stone, its maker, joked: "I seem to be a good casting director.''

In May, the actress, who was nominated at the Academy Awards for her role in An Education, said: "I love New York, maybe more than Los Angeles or London. I could live in New York. I think I'm happiest [there]."
telegraph.co.uk

^^ owww :( for some reason i thought they where going to last longer.

i don't think they've broken up. only last week they were going strong, if i'm not mistaken.
they've (telegraph) concluded she's broken up with him just from the fact she's visiting her family in the UK? :rolleyes:

i just remember another thing - isn't she filming Drive at the moment? that seriously disclaims everything in that Telegraph article about her stay in the UK.

I really hope they aren't broken up. I thought they were adorable as a couple. but here's something from Ted Casablanca.

Dear Ted:
Are Shia LaBeouf and Carey Mulligan still together? I saw Carey in London on Monday. She was sitting in a cafe with a handsome man. They seemed very close. They didn't kiss or anything, but I'm pretty sure they were a couple. I don't think Carey would betray someone, so I guess she must have dumped Shia.
—Alicia

Dear See Ya Shia:
This is how rumors get started, Alicia! Car and Shia are still very much together, but both are currently busy with work (S with Transformers and C promoting Never Let Me Go). Just because they'll occasionally be spending long hours with other good-looking folks—Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Andrew Garfield come to mind—doesn't mean they're any less of a couple.

hmm, I always felt that they were just together for movie promotion//because of the movie....

I don't really see the appeal in Carey Mulligan (besides the aesthetic) and I happen to think she is a terrible actress, but these two look really cute and lovely together, and their chemistry on Wall Street 2 is undeniable. They couldn't have looked more like a real couple even if they had already been together prior to the movie.

I don't really see the appeal in Carey Mulligan (besides the aesthetic) and I happen to think she is a terrible actress, but these two look really cute and lovely together, and their chemistry on Wall Street 2 is undeniable. They couldn't have looked more like a real couple even if they had already been together prior to the movie.

if you think she's a terrible actress, watch "Never Let Me Go" and you just may change your mind. i saw it last weekend and i think it's a fantastic movie with a great cast of young actors. :flower:

After Breaking up With Shia LaBeouf, Carey Mulligan Comes Back to the UK

After Breaking up With Shia LaBeouf, Carey Mulligan Comes Back to the UK
Posted on: October 19th, 2010 by Taylor Smith

Apparently Carey Mulligan has now moved back to the UK. This news comes after she finally called it quits from her relationship with her “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps” co-star, Shia La Beouf. Carey, age 25, has been nominated for an Oscar for “An Education.”

Although she has a New York apartment that she shared with the “Transformers” star, she is now going to find a house in Convent Gardens. She feels there is no reason to stay in New York now that their romance has fizzled out.

When attending her latest film premier, “Never Let Me Go”, in London last week, which she did attend alone, she clearly stated that she was moving back to England. Then she announced that it was a long story. Either way, she said that she is currently spending more time in England anyway, spending time with her family.

So far, neither Shia or Carey have commented on the split rumors yet. However, Shia did flip out over the weekend when confronted by a photographer. Apparently the normally clam star spotted the photographer who was about to take his picture, so Shia chased after him. Witnesses say that Shia tipped a cup of coffee over the photographer.

Shia has also been spotted moping around and reading books while looking pretty sad. All of this is happening during his down time from shooting his latest movie “Transformers 3”.

Carey and Shia played a pair of lovers in the “Wall Street” sequel. However, no one expected that they would take their onstage love romance and make it real. They went public with their relationship last December.

http://news.carrentals.co.uk/after-...y-mulligan-comes-back-to-the-uk-34218954.html

Maybe it's just me, but I won't believe any of this until either of them come forward and say it's true.

i'm with you.

also, Shia is known for his love and tolerance when it comes to paps. :rolleyes:

Lainey's point of view:

Shia, Carey, and what’s next

Many of you have emailed about a possible breakup. It started when Carey, at the London Film Festival last week, reportedly told her friends that:

'I'm moving back to England: it's a long story. I am spending some more time here at the moment. Just spending time with my family, really.'

This was reported in the Sunday Telegraph. It’s unclear though whether or not they were eavesdropping at the premiere or whether or not the friends then relayed her words to the newspaper. I’m guessing the former, which I find amazingly hilarious. Listening in on conversations is a very important journalistic skill.

Carey returned to LA though shortly after promoting Never Let Me Go in London to resume work on Drive with Ryan Gosling. There’s been some buzz that she’s been seen with a handsome new guy but this is not super slamdunk information.

As for Shia, he was grumpy with photos the other day in DC – video here - and was also seen on a lunch outing with a friend/mystery girl a few days later back in California. Photos are here. Which means he and Carey are both in LA and may or may not be together but haven’t been seen together.

So are they over? The cutest and most promising young couple, my favourites, is it done?

Thing is, neither of them have friends who sell them out. And they’re not the types to release a break up statement through their publicists. It could very well be a case of work schedules keeping them apart, which is what the optimist in me is desperately hoping. The optimist in me however is frequently bitchslapped by the cynic in me. And they are so young, and young love is dramatic enough when you’re up in that person’s face all the time, imagine what distance can do – it magnifies insecurities, creates insecurities, and these actors, they’re already very, very insecure people.

All I know is that the last time I checked, which was mid September, I was told they were fine. Seeing them together personally in Cannes, what I can tell you is that I observed two people totally intoxicatingly in love, like the first time it’s been that strong, when you don’t think you’ll ever, ever love again. The kind of devastating love that often flames out rather intensely. What happened between then and now, or if a split even happened at all, I have no idea. The optimistic is on life support. But she’s not dead.

As for Shia – Elizabeth asked me to comment an article in the LA Times last week about his next career moves. Profesionally, Shia has perhaps the most kick *** resume among his peers if you’re taking box office into account. It’s winner after winner after winner. But after Transformers 3 next year, he has nothing booked. And his people are trying to figure out his direction.

The LA Times notes that he could play Karl Rove in a comedy-drama called Young Republicans. Apparently Shia is very interested, and it sounds like a great part to show some variety in his ability, to show that he can be funny as well as super super serious. He has those moments too, sarcastic stress moments in his films that are my favourites – I loved this about him in the first Transformers – and it would be a refreshing change to see him expand on that, to say nothing of the benefits that would yield to allowing him to move into the next phase.

But there’s an urgency to the LA Times piece that, to me anyway, seems a little unnecessary. It wouldn’t hurt for him to go away for a while. To lay low for a year, maybe even more, and re-emerge convincingly as a proper grown-up actor, and not a kid. Not unlike Leonardo DiCaprio who has also taken two year breaks between releases at critical times in his career and that seemed to work out ok for him too, non?

Where Shia’s concerned, especially as the focus is so much on his love life right now, that’s probably not a bad idea. To recede, to get his sh-t straight, because there’s always been something white knuckly about him that I worry about. Some time off wouldn’t be horrible, would it?

As for Carey, if she is single now, there’s no better time to be working with Ryan Gosling. That boy can make you forget. Funny a friend of mine after seeing their set photos recently commented that she’ll definitely watch the movie AND would probably fangirl over them as a couple. Me too. That feels like a betrayal, but fickleness is a great antidote to heartbreak.

I hope they didn't break up. They're a private couple, so that's probably why the media hasn't gotten any new pictures of them.
Plus, they're both busy filming.

I for one welcome the news.
I always thought Shia made a mistake by choosing Carey over me!

It doesn't take much to impress Carey Mulligan: ever since her alleged split from Shia LaBeouf, the actress has been living out of a room at a modest Best Western motel in Hollywood.

"She looks great and sometimes comes with a guy friend and it's not Shia," an employee told RadarOnline.com, adding that Mulligan has been there for about two weeks.
The motel- which has standard rooms for around $69 a night- has been under construction with lots of scaffolding throughout.
The low-key actress often brings groceries back to her room.
PHOTOS: Style Icon In Training: Carey Mulligan
"It's weird seeing her here," the employee added. "I'm like in awe."
The identity of Mulligan's guy companion is unknown.

LaBeouf has been linked to his current Transformers 3 co-star Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. The Victoria Secret model reportedly has been dating actor Jason Statham since April.
Mulligan is currently in town shooting scenes for a new movie "Drive." It's about a Hollywood stunt performer who moonlights as a wheelman and discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong. The movie is scheduled to be released sometime next year.
radaronline

I for one welcome the news.
I always thought Shia made a mistake by choosing Carey over me!

You naughty minx. :judge::lol:

But seriously, I hope they haven't broken up (and I refuse to believe so until I hear a confirmation from them). They're too cute together!

Well they have a picture of the mystery guy leaving her hotel with her and it Tom Sturridge. It was in some London Paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->