Carine Roitfeld for MAC

HeatherAnne

Reaction score

nx14bm.jpg

Edgy and provocative, image-maker, editor and stylist, Carine Roitfeld edits her signature look into a collection of chic colours and tools inspired by her aesthetic, featuring limited-edition shades and two new seductive Eye and Cheek compacts. - mac.com

A 23 piece collection

Most important to note is the limited availability of the collection: it releases online today and then at M.A.C. counters beginning 6 September but will be on sale only through 4 October — in other words, don't wait, order your favorites now for your chance to look like a Roitfeld. If, like me, you want it all, I have done the math for us... one of each item in the collection will set you back a mere $471.50 - iwanttobearoitfeld

dvkps6.jpg

Carine Roitfeld Full Face Kit, Desert Camouflage $44
  • Sahara Dust (satin)
  • Cactus Thorn (frost)
  • Desert (satin)
  • Carbon (matte)
  • Sand Storm (sheer)
Carine Roitfeld Full Face Kit, Jungle Camouflage $44
  • Dew (pearl)
  • Camo (satin)
  • Bad Lieutenant (matte)
  • Carbon (matte)
  • Boot Camp Bronze (sheer)
Carine Roitfeld Kohl Power Eye Pencil $15
Carine Roitfeld Lipstick, Tropical Mist $16.50
Carine Roitfeld Mascara, Studio Fix Bold BlackLash $16
Carine Roitfeld Mascara, Zoom Fast BlackLash $16
Carine Roitfeld Medium Angled Shading Brush 275 $25
Carine Roitfeld Mineralize Concealer $20
Carine Roitfeld Nail Lacquer, Underfire Red $17.50
Carine Roitfeld Nail Lacquer, Undercover Nude $17.50
Carine Roitfeld Small Angle Brush 266 $20
Carine Roitfeld Square Foundation Brush 191 $33
Carine Roitfeld Studio Fix Fluid $27

- list via iwanttobearoitfeld -

2ewifio.jpg

iwanttobearoitfeld / mac

I can't say I've ever felt the need to recreate Carine's make-up but for some reason I like the idea of this collaboration. I love that the palette really is essentially her. I think the eye shadow and the mascara could be interesting. Weird that it's already available now and I hadn't even heard about this collection before.

^^i had a similar reaction...
this actually looks a lot more "me" than most of the other makeup at the MAC counter...

also, after watching the video, it's really refreshing to see an older woman getting her makeup done...
all the closeups of her eyes, wrinkles and all.
good for her.

I was reading reviews of some products on Temptalia and things are not looking good. Too bad, I really wanted to buy something from the collection..

It seems to me that MAC just churn these collections out at ever-increasing prices.

Most of the products I've bought from the brand have had big drawbacks - lipsticks with great pigmentation but an awful formula for wear, or foundations that give me good coverage and then bad acne - which I can tolerate if the prices are cheerful, but not if they're inching towards the high-end market.

The Catherine Deneuve collection had some great things that I was sorry were limited. I love the idea of this collection & have been looking forward to it ... now it's here I don't really see anything I want. I think part of the problem is that the nudes are for a different skintone than mine, and I don't really like to do a super dark eye as I don't have the coloring for it.

I do not like MAC's foundation products, but I do wear their color almost exclusively. Most of the lipstick formulas are very good. They have also just recently started offering skincare for the first time, and the eye gel is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"