Carol Christian Poell #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think he has a "diffusion" line? maybe he had a different mindset early on though, who knows.. especially after seeing some of the things he made with logoing/branding on it.

Hi xcoldricex, thanks a lot for your thoughts. To be honest, I don't even know if 'Inch' was put out for more than one season. That was the first and only time I had seen it. Completely agree with you that one would have to know the mindset back then. I know that the shirts had a small CCP embroidered on the bottom, and those tshirts with CCP in full on the fronts, and backwards on the back. I baught a couple of those, I liked the idea of 'branding' effects literally like branding the letters from the back. Quite honestly I like them though am not usually tolorent to brands showing, I thought they were so obviously wrong that they were 'fun' to wear. I guess I saw the fun side of them sort of like mocking the idea of brands. They are still disgusting to wear :smile:

i think it is lost on anyone except for the very few that knows who ccp is- so it just becomes another graphic t-shirt. there was a hideous t-shirt posted earlier that was on ebay not too long ago that had CCP on the front in large letters and "arol hristian oell" under each of the respective letters.

If you still have those shirts and have a digital camera, could you share what you have with us? I have a button up from '98 that is quite different in construction and style than his latest stuff- so I'd be interested in seeing some more of his pieces from older collections.

I'm trying to get a sleeveless turtleneck on eBay right now. Nobody bid against me!!!!! :wink:

the girl in that pic looks very good in the CCP runner - she is very feminine & has very feminine hair which I think help wit hthe 'look' - when I tried on one of those coats it was just far too masculine a look for me to carry (I have jaw length blonde hair and fairly sharp features).

Really nice photo! She does look really good, but I agree not everyone could carry it off.

I can't see the photo...I just get script. Must be a PC thing,non?

^ scott, *.swf is macromedia flash file format. you'll need to get macromedia flash player/plug-in installed on your computer, which you could download it for free...

I don't think I much care for that look on that woman. I'd rather wear it myself. :P

battles said:
^ scott, *.swf is macromedia flash file format. you'll need to get macromedia flash player/plug-in installed on your computer, which you could download it for free...

Well,actually I do have it on here which is what's odd...because every other site runs well. Maybe it's an updated version?

scott, maybe. if you're able to browse lift website, the link could be found under What's New > Explore the style. here's the picture of it, just in case you're still facing the problem.

ccpliftad8lb.jpg

Hello xcoldricex, I will try to get hold of a digital camera and post some pictures. I still have all/most of the CCP clothes I baught from 96-98/99. These include shirts, t-shirts, pants, a suit, etc. I haven't had the chance to see any of the new stuff, so cannot make a comparison, but from the photos I agree that there is a difference in style and construction. I think the style was much sharper and more structured.

Scott said:
I can't see the photo...I just get script. Must be a PC thing,non?

Scott, you could save the *.swf file and the open it (drag it into) in Internet Explorer. It should play then:-)

I went to A boutique this week. They have ordered such a tiny portion of the CCP. They only had one blazer, 2 pants, and 2 shirts... and 1 style of boots and rogue.

They have so little compare to L'ecleure. L'ecleure definitely has a much better collection and stronger clientel too.

A is still trying to sell their claimed 'hot as cake' hockeye boots. :innocent:

I didn't even think about checking the lift site itself,actually. Thank you though for posting the image,anyway :flower:

I love that jacket :heart:

Btw,coldrice,I saw the listing of your jacket on ebay....if only I had a thousand to spare....arrgh!

From the JCReport: (http://www.jcreport.com/mailer/issue66/index.html)

Clever Carol
Milan
Iconoclastic Austrian designer Carol Christian Poell is at it again. Well, almost. This designer's designer has minded the requests of his retail supporters, a rarified group that includes L'Eclaireur in Paris and Maxfield in Los Angeles, and has reintroduced a womenswear collection that is not exactly a collection per se, but rather an edit of his highly-coveted menswear, reconfigured for a growing coterie of women.

This approach to gender modification is not dissimilar to the offerings of Dior Homme's Hedi Slimane or Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld, designers who have the financial structure to create more media attention. Poell's womenswear is marked by the same tenet that elevates his menswear: a chilled, sensual precision.

Poell's oeuvre is established on his superb skills as a tailor, his experimentation with fabric and textiles, and his melancholic yet droll sense of humor — he is the Nick Cave of fashion. This is the same man who envisioned for the fairer sex a lean strapless dress reconstituted from trousers, and a neck accessory that resembled a dog's flea cuff. Despite these attention-grabbing conceits, Poell understands the modern Orlando and her sartorial needs.

This season, Carol Christian Poell examines such seasonal concerns as color and texture. Via the use of differently colored yarns in the weaving, cottons appear printed, while pure silk fabrics look like coated technical textiles, and another exclusive fabric combines cotton and kid mohair. Leather pieces, in horse and cordovan, are "object dyed" for unique color striations. Some of the objects are folded, rendered flat, causing slight ruptures in tone, such as the shoes in kangaroo. One style of boot is made with transparent horse leather, and another has a transparent sole — surely a joke on the consumptive acquisition of status accessories.

Adapting an industrial "overlock" machine (traditionally used for sewing the sacks that carry building or agriculture material), Poell has given his tailoring a new look. Even the fine shirting fabrics and skin-thin leathers are fashioned in this manner. Now, more women will have the opportunity to don Poell's exquisitely crafted jackets, which are unlined to reveal the elaborate construction that forms the garment. The upshot of wearing such a jacket exposes Poell's sense of irony. By wearing the garçonne look on the outside, any woman can appreciate the workmanship of a couture gown — on the inside.
-Roger Joseph

I have said it before, I've always imagined any woman that I may date/marry to be in more delicate, distinctly feminine clothing but with a sort of unique edge differentiating her from the common Chanel label .

However, some of these pieces sound so beautiful. I love Poell's overall meaning and his superb sartorial skills and overall aesthetics.

Yet another reason to worship him like the Fashion God that he is.

Thx for posting :flower:

yeah, great news, thanks for bringing in KLm
i so need to check L' eclaireur next time i'm in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back