Carol Christian Poell #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
raijin said:
As far as I know, that is mummified lamb leather.
Mmmmmm...yes, I love those gloves! :heart: Does anyone know how much they sold for?

Agreed, Johnny.

AlexN said:
Mmmmmm...yes, I love those gloves! :heart: Does anyone know how much they sold for?

Agreed, Johnny.

Something told me that a certain AlexN would be lurking in these here parts , as soon as CCP would be mentioned . Your probosces must be working overtime !!! AND it's very early morning , ' n'est pas ' , in Kansas City ' , Missouri ?

Past lunchtime here , with plenty of time left to create havoc for the rest of the day . :woot: GOD !!! It's hot here , quite unlike the UK that we ALL know and love !!!!!:wink:

kit said:
Something told me that a certain AlexN would be lurking in these here parts , as soon as CCP would be mentioned . Your probosces must be working overtime !!! AND it's very early morning , ' n'est pas ' , in Kansas City ' , Missouri ?

Past lunchtime here , with plenty of time left to create havoc for the rest of the day . :woot: GOD !!! It's hot here , quite unlike the UK that we ALL know and love !!!!!:wink:

Indeed it is Kit even in these nether-regions. IT slightly irritates me though - the sheer tokenism of it - the wearther is teasing us - it will only last for a day or two then - RETOUR A GRIMSVILLE!!

Alex - do you have any CCp? Just curious as to what you thought of it. I still don't, although I was tempted by the red horesleather shoes again in L-Eclaireur last month.

Ah yes, Kit. I haven't slept for 48 hours, my friend. :lol:

Johnny, I really wish I had a bunch of amazing CCP, but I just have two pieces from s/s 03. Both are fairly "basic". But the fabrics, construction, and detail are great. I'll be putting a pair of cropped pants on eBay soon, as they are truly cut for someone six feet tall and even skinnier than I. :shock:

Agreed with Johnny, the boots do look like plastic. But knowing that it's leather does make one go "wow". :shock:

.....pair of new SS05 CCP navy leather boots with snap closure on ebay right now, sz 11
/Morten

I checked with the seller about the size -- the pair is actually marked a size 9, I imagine a UK 9, which is equivalent to a US 10. He says he marked them as a size 11 because that's the size he normally takes and they fit him.
Morten said:
.....pair of new SS05 CCP navy leather boots with snap closure on ebay right now, sz 11
/Morten

In my experience, there is extra room in the boot - but because of CCP's curved shoe and extremely tough leather, you will not be able to utilize it. The front of the boot is too narrow for any human foot to fit into. I would say a size 9 would fit more like a 10 or slighly below a 10 based on the fit of my own boots.
Also, those boots are not from the s/s 05 collection, but the winter collection.

You may be competing with me for them.

...I´m afraid they are a bit to small for me, based on the pair I tried at L´eclaireur last season.

I have heard that he doesn´t do a new collection next season, but will make more pair of these boots. Is this true? (The answer may be in here somewhere, xcuse me for not looking).

Thanks, Morten

I won't be bidding on these ones, though the size is right. Good luck to you, though, if you decide to wade in.

raijin said:
In my experience, there is extra room in the boot - but because of CCP's curved shoe and extremely tough leather, you will not be able to utilize it. The front of the boot is too narrow for any human foot to fit into. I would say a size 9 would fit more like a 10 or slighly below a 10 based on the fit of my own boots.
Also, those boots are not from the s/s 05 collection, but the winter collection.

You may be competing with me for them.

question about a CCP jacket

I just bought a CCP jacket from yoox (pictures are attached). But the sleeves are about 2.5 inches too long for me. Could anyone give me any suggestion on the alteration? Is the shortening of sleeves going to change the style and fitting completely based on your knowledge and experience of CCP's clothing, so that it's simply undoable? If so, I'll probably just return it back to yoox. Otherwise, how should the shortening be done? As you can see in the pictures, the sleeves of this jacket is a little bit unusual. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 21
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 21
haoshcn said:
I just bought a CCP jacket from yoox (pictures are attached). But the sleeves are about 2.5 inches too long for me. Could anyone give me any suggestion on the alteration? Is the shortening of sleeves going to change the style and fitting completely based on your knowledge and experience of CCP's clothing, so that it's simply undoable? If so, I'll probably just return it back to yoox. Otherwise, how should the shortening be done? As you can see in the pictures, the sleeves of this jacket is a little bit unusual. Thanks for any help!

I think you'll need a good tailor to do this. I think he'll just have to chop it off. It should look all right, since the bottom part of the sleeves looks very long. I don't think it'll take away a lot of character from the jacket - although it will definitely take away some, because aside from the sleeves it looks pretty plain. I say go with your heart (and a good tailor, if the heart says yes).

well take it to a good tailor and usually when they shorten sleeves they usually detach the sleeve from the arm hole and then shorten it from there

If you get it proffesionally done...they would probably take it up at the seam between the main sleeve and the where the cuff starts to flare...that shouldnt change the shape or style of it too much as from what I can see the main part of the sleeve looks pretty much straight...just aslong as you're not messing with the flarey-cuff bit of it it shouldn't make much difference.

I absolutely adore those gloves and the way they've been shot, it reminds me of something outta texas chainsaw massacre :lol:
The bars really reflect the gloves...cracked and worn, once perfect.

^ Why not just have a tailor shift the entire cuff higher on the sleeve? That way you'll keep the entire slit, and the dramatic look of the sleeve. It doesn't seem like it will be too terribly difficult, from what I can see. (It's a very attractive jacket, btw :flower:)

edit: I think I just gave you the same advice as fab fifties fille.

Last edited by a moderator:
faust said:
I think you'll need a good tailor to do this. I think he'll just have to chop it off. It should look all right, since the bottom part of the sleeves looks very long. I don't think it'll take away a lot of character from the jacket - although it will definitely take away some, because aside from the sleeves it looks pretty plain. I say go with your heart (and a good tailor, if the heart says yes).

I agree with you, other than the extra-long "cuffs" which are about 8.75 inches long on the outside and 8 inches on the inside (I mean the bottom part of the sleeves), the jacket itself doesn't look very special. But I like the fitting of this jacket itself quite well. And I paid only about $50 more than a long-sleeved CCP T-shirt (which although has much more design in it) I bought at Atelier New York last winter for this jacket, so i think it's worth the money.

What about shortening the sleeves at the place where the long "cuffs" are attached, instead of chopping off the cuffs themselves? But then I am bit concerned with ruining the shape of elbow space, is that possible?

EdK said:
well take it to a good tailor and usually when they shorten sleeves they usually detach the sleeve from the arm hole and then shorten it from there

Yes, that sounds like the best choice, but I suspect any decent tailor here will probably charge maybe $80 or $100 for that kind of alteration, since it's not an easy job for this jacket and may even require several times of fitting. I am not sure if it's worth the money since I didn't pay way too much for this jacket. But still thanks a lot for your help.

haoshcn said:
Yes, that sounds like the best choice, but I suspect any decent tailor here will probably charge maybe $80 or $100 for that kind of alteration, since it's not an easy job for this jacket and may even require several times of fitting. I am not sure if it's worth the money since I didn't pay way too much for this jacket. But still thanks a lot for your help.

They might charge less than that, it depends. It doesn't look like there is anything going on at the elbow, no patches or cross stitches. Are you in NYC?

faust said:
They might charge less than that, it depends. It doesn't look like there is anything going on at the elbow, no patches or cross stitches. Are you in NYC?

No, I don't live in NYC. Yes, you're right, there is no patch or stitches on elbow, but the sleeves are not straight at all. It's like most of the good suits or blazers, when put on the hanger, you can see the curve line of the sleeves and you can tell exactly where the elbows are supposed to be. I am Asian and we tend to have shorter arms than Caucasians. So even the elbows space on this jacket falls a bit low for me, that's why I am bit concerned with the alteration.

I guess when we talk about the fine tailoring of designer's clothes for which they charge you prices higher than those Gap or Banana Republic, this jacket is a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->