Carol Christian Poell #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
raijin dear...
pls post the link here and i will merge them ...i don't see the other thread..thx...

i got two ccp shirts in the mail today from yoox. wow. the construction is great- i didn't expect much, but i love the cuffs, the fabric that holds the cuff together instead of another button, the top of the collar is actually two pieces of fabric- its a chinese collar type shirt with a collar stiched on at the top instead of the collar being stiched on at the bottom like most shirts (this is a bit confusing)... but yes. beautifully constructed. just his sleeves run a bit long. so i think i'll have to get them shortened.

Congrats on your purchase, coldrice, sounds exquisite..:heart:

I just searched yoox, though, and they only have a pair of pants from CCP, and nothing else. Are they out of stock or am I looking in the wrong place, because I know they have several different sections with different items.

Last edited by a moderator:
raijin you gotta clear out your pm box :wink:

i got the same shirt in white also- i don't know what he did to the fabric but there a semi sheer pattern on it. you can see it a bit if you zoom up on the pictures at yoox

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?codice8=38010215

the cut is great, and i was conned into believing thomas pink shirts were nice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Arturo, Yoox never gets the good stuff from CCP - its always long gone before it gets there.

The largest stocks of CCP are probably in Japan.

i'm not sure these threads need to be merged...

this one can be for any past season pictures, articles, etc......but we usually start a new thread each season and discuss each new collection..
that one is specifically about s/s 05 and i think it should be left alone...
:flower:

Coldrice, congrats on the purchases.

Even the most basic items are constructed beautifully by him.

His items of those of Altieri's become the basis for measuring the quality of clothes.

thanks. i'm getting two more shirts soon :smile:

softgrey, you could just change the title of the thread and just have it "carol christian poell"

raijin said:
Ionn, I should say this seems to be Poell's official photos.
You can tell from the woven plastic in the background.

They are the official photos??? Wow.. can I see more????? Where can I find them????

xcoldricex said:

i got the same shirt in white also- i don't know what he did to the fabric but there a semi sheer pattern on it. you can see it a bit if you zoom up on the pictures at yoox

the cut is great, and i was conned into believing thomas pink shirts were nice...

What a bummer.. they don't have my sizes. :o :( I love the black shirt... so beautiful

xcoldricex said:

For those wondering how to find all the CCP stuff on YOOX, click on the above link, then click on his name. You'll find a bunch of shirts and pants.

Thanks for all the pics, xcoldricex. I really love a lot of the stuff. My list...

Last jacket in first post (tan)
Last jacket in second post (grey)
Blue boots in third post (basically all the shoes/boots, actually)

I actually tried on those blue boots, amazing.

The leather is really stiff and has this acid-weathered.

raijin said:
I actually tried on those blue boots, amazing.

The leather is really stiff and has this acid-weathered.

Those boots are just gorgeous, I rarely like any item of clothing that is blue, but these are amazing. This is one designer who deserves respect, few designer's I've seen nowadays have any aesthetics, and most are not creative enough to do the treatments he does to his materials. Most just keep using the conventional materials, cotton, silk, cashmere. And not that there's anything wrong with them, but in an age where cashmere is as common as denim, we need a new luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->