Carol Christian Poell #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
142766.jpg

Womens collection

Beautiful. Thanks for the pics, Raijin. I'd take that jacket, also. And the pants and shoes in the fifth look. Probably everything if I saw it in person. :lol:

raijin said:
Softgrey I can't explain very well,

Its just a name that refers to an experimental technique of dying he has developed.
He calls it "Object Dyed" - not really referring to "dying objects".
He may mean a different definition of the word "object".

When he dyes leathers with this process it provides a look unique to his products that I have never seen replicated elsewhere.
which pieces are done this way then raijin...do you mean like the blue boots?...because they are definitely over-dyed...

wow that's intense... especially that tooth necklace.

what are the things in that first picture you posted- bottom right. looks like a shoe horn... and what else? those links look like those clamps you use for plumbing hoses.

Its shown in many of the new season items and apparently he utilizes it for metals and other materials as well.

Those gloves...they are amazing. I love the two-tone effect. At first for the first second when looking at the gloves I thought it was just the 's skin, not gloves. :heart:

That red jacket is gorgeous, everything you've posted...

I'm not too keen on the women's collection though, but I won't judge just yet. I think I'll waite and see more. I like women's clothing to be more delicate and feminine. From the pictures I've seen you can't see much of that. Again, I'd have to see more.

But, for the menswear, CCP is quickly developing into one of my favorite menswear designers.

Well, I would like to say that the point of his womens clothing is not be delicate and feminine.

All his clothes are made to present a message, sometimes a very harsh one like in his early womens collections and that f/w mens collection.

Which is very "silence of the lambs" I would say.

For f/w 03 he used a lot of plastic knits related to hospitals and mental facilities.

Poell is a so called socio-critical designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Very interesting information, Raijin. I like him even more now. The more I find out about him, the more amazing his work is to me.

Love those gloves, too.

Raijin, whether you like it or not, I personally like womens clothing to be more delicate and feminine. It does NOT mean, however, that I believe that is how he should make his clothing.

Im kind of wondering where that came from. :lol:

I don't have any problem with the fact that you like clothing to be feminine, I think it should be to some extent as well.

Im only saying that his work is not MEANT to be those things.

This is just stating the information that I know about him.

Its not merely clothing, but a medium to tell a message in his hands.

Raijin, giggle as you will about not knowing where that came from, even though it's obvious where it came from. As I said, I'm not saying it SHOULD be, I'm saying that's how I PERSONALLY like it.

To nail that into your head - I'm not saying it SHOULD be that way, I'm saying I, PERSONALLY PREFER it to be that way.

Let the CCP discussion continue. Raijin, please don't respond to this, you probably already got the point and understand the word respect now.

Thankyou,
Arturo:flower:

Diagonal Zip Horse Leather Boots of the new season.

They have them now at Lift Etage.

I will be getting the black version from A.

I will probably have some large showroom pictures to post tomorrow.
So keep a watch on this thread!

raijin said:
Diagonal Zip Horse Leather Boots of the new season.

They have them now at Lift Etage.

I will be getting the black version from A.
you are a very lucky boy dear raijin...

i saw those boots...
they are very special...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back