Carol Christian Poell*

I saw that. That's still one of the best presentations I've seen these past couple seasons. As dark as it may be. I'm glad he changed his web site,btw.

Thanks runner*.

Hahaha, that is COOL!!! Quirky. Runner, you are definitely a good addition to tFS!

i :heart: that...liked all the 'hits' of red...

thx runner :flower:

it just extreamly beautiful, I ahve always loved bodys floting inw ater, its so sensual, dreamy and magcial.beautiful :heart: :shock: :heart:

Models and clothing were set adrift down Milan's Naviglio canal in a Poell-style metaphor satirizing the mono-directional drift of today's fashion industry. The menswear maestro's maintain a steadfastly original stance nothing than amounts to a quiet mutiny against the style establishment. "This time my theme was Mainstream / Downstream," explains Poell. "In the fashion world these days everything flows in the same direction, like a river. When I realized I had been sucked in it was almost too late, but I abandoned the trends. I wanted to express my sense of crisis regarding that cynicism."
As the archetypal anti-fashionist, rather than swimming against the tide, Poell is swimming
down a completely different river altogether. It's not a question of cutting himself off from the world, just being able to see the world from an objective viewpoint. "Now street fashion is most fresh and interesting. Stuff that's already on the street is coming out in collections," the rebel designer says. "When I have time I go street watching in town. But, as a creator, whatever way influenced, you've got to maintain your own identity." There's an undeniable digniny to one man's stubborn protests that what was once a search for identity, La moda, has been reduced to a formula.

from gap PRESS

Originally posted by runner@Apr 16th, 2004 - 6:37 am
  Models and clothing were set adrift down Milan's Naviglio canal in a Poell-style metaphor satirizing the mono-directional drift of today's fashion industry. The menswear maestro's maintain a steadfastly original stance nothing than amounts to a quiet mutiny against the style establishment. "This time my theme was Mainstream / Downstream," explains Poell. "In the fashion world these days everything flows in the same direction, like a river. When I realized I had been sucked in it was almost too late, but I abandoned the trends. I wanted to express my sense of crisis regarding that cynicism."
  As the archetypal anti-fashionist, rather than swimming against the tide, Poell is swimming
down a completely different river altogether. It's not a question of cutting himself off from the world, just being able to see the world from an objective viewpoint. "Now street fashion is most fresh and interesting. Stuff that's already on the street is coming out in collections," the rebel designer says. "When I have time I go street watching in town. But, as a creator, whatever way influenced, you've got to maintain your own identity." There's an undeniable digniny to one man's stubborn protests that what was once a search for identity, La moda, has been reduced to a formula.

from gap PRESS
What an admirable man he is. Gotta love his spirit.....and the clothes aren't bad either :wink:

And I love those boots!!

Wow, that is beautiful. It's really relaxing to see the presentation. That's an amazing idea! :heart:
Thanks for posting, runner! :flower:

somehow i cant see the video but i've seen photos from the 'presentation' which were very poetic .

wasnt this from one season ago?
i wonder if CCP had a presentaion during the most recent fw 04.05 Uomo Collections, because i'm not sure if i saw anything new :unsure:

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 16th, 2004 - 10:51 am
somehow i cant see the video but i've seen photos from the 'presentation' which were very poetic .

wasnt this from one season ago?
i wonder if CCP had a presentaion during the most recent fw 04.05 Uomo Collections, because i'm not sure if i saw anything new :unsure:
I beleive he took a sabattical, a la Raf Simons, but I'm not sure if it was for that season.

He presented this work for S/S 04 on the evening of Wednesday, June 25, 03.

For reasons inside CCP srl, he was not in time for the most recent A/W 04-05 Milan men's fashion week.

Originally posted by runner@Apr 17th, 2004 - 3:39 pm
He presented this work for S/S 04 on the evening of Wednesday, June 25, 03.

For reasons inside CCP srl, he was not in time for the most recent A/W 04-05 Milan men's fashion week.
i thought so.. thanks for clearing this out for us :flower:
there should be a FStopic on his ss04 collection, so we were all on the look out for his fw04 but unfortunately .. no photos.

:unsure: do you have any access to his fw04 collection runner ?

Lena, I don't have any access.
The latest CCP (mens) collection was presented in a small way during womens fashion week.
I will post as soon as I do.

This is from A/W 02-03, though, "Protection / Good Luck" as his theme, the twist pants is cool.

Not thrilled with the clothing itself, but love the idea. What a unique way to present his collection! B)

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:06 am
Not thrilled with the clothing itself, but love the idea. What a unique way to present his collection! B)
It looks much better in person :flower:

Oh he's absolutely stellar tailor...much in the same way as McQueen.

Originally posted by Scott@Apr 20th, 2004 - 8:03 am
Oh he's absolutely stellar tailor...much in the same way as McQueen.
I agree. The only thing that has put me off a little bit in the past is his commonplace use of synthetic fabrics - a mild turn off for me (unless it's mixed in with a natural fabric in a small proportion). However, it looks like lately he went back to natural fabrics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->