Carolina Herrera

herrera is to american fashion what chanel is to french fashion. reliably chic clothes for a woman of certain means. the herrera white blouse rivals the chanel jacket as the chic-est staple item.

i sooooooo Agree. no American designer can rival the cut color and structure of her pieces.

Funny: when I think of Carolina Herrera, Diane Von Furstenburg also comes to mind.
I know they’re not the same style but I feel like the sophistication of the clothing is linked in someway. Anyone else get this vibe?

by the way i like the Carolina Herrera spring 2003 look the best
the shoes were so Vibrant.

well, sometimes she gets into a boring "ladies who lunch" rut ...but most times I think she is right on with her designs. Beautiful fabrics, colors, and silhouettes. She has an elegant latin interpretation on basics...and I like it like that.

Originally posted by loserunit@Aug 17 2004, 08:01 PM
i like her. i think it's defineatly a mood, as in all herrera could get boring but very nice things in moderation
[snapback]336472[/snapback]​

I was just going to say that last part, nearly word-for-word, until I saw your post!!

i like her. but her collections are hit or miss with me. as with any collection though, i can ususally find at least 2 items that i really like.... but as for overall... she has a brand and a clientele that she feeds greatly to. good for her. :flower:

Funny: when I think of Carolina Herrera, Diane Von Furstenburg also comes to mind.
I know they’re not the same style but I feel like the sophistication of the clothing is linked in someway. Anyone else get this vibe?

OH MY GOODNESS! I do!!! Every time I think of one, the others name always comes to mind. Why is that I wonder? How freaky?!! :P

I love Carolina Herrera's style and designs and I loved that dress Renee Zellweger wore to the Oscars. Soooo pretty.

3028712.jpg
3032099.jpg

to me, she epitomizes american chic. safe but she has her edge for sure. and what better idea than the shirts and grand skirt combo??so her.

Venezuelan Old World Glamour

Mrs Herrera, although having resided in contemporary New York for several decades, still carries with her the essence of a fast fading era, an old world glamour from Caracas - a time of great sophistication and classiness. In her own words "she wants to make women look more beautiful".

These traits are key to her collections - not edgy, never exposing too much flesh - just simple lines, exquisitely styled, exuding grace. After all, she said herself that her collections always epitomise elegance - an elegance that is not to do with money or status - but more in the way a woman wears her clothes, carries herself and an attitude that comes from within.

Her collections usually consist of chic sportswear and then long,elegant frilly gowns. While her clothes do largely appeal to socialites and alike, her gowns are often a huge hit on the red carpet. And like others have said, her work is still editorialized in Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->