• cbk3.jpg
    cbk3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 2,159
  • cbk4.jpg
    cbk4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 81
sugarpea said:
softgrey said:
i always loved that she could wear yohji and look elegant and chic...
she took the mystery out of japanese design...she understood and saw the beauty in it...
she'd mix yohji w/manolos...and a strong red lip...and it just worked...
nothing tricky or mysterious about it...just simple elegance...
QUOTE]

you took the thoughts out of my mind and articulated better than i could....she was so beautiful...rip

:flower:

firenze 1321: thanks for the great link! :flower:

I found that pic, :heart: the simple sophisticated outfit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like her. She has a really harsh sort of beauty. And all that publicity about her drug-addiction and her adultery don't paint her as a very 'classy' woman.

i didn't know there existed that many paparazzi pics of her!

thanks for all the links!

in 1999 star magazine had published her gallery book.
i had bought one cause i like her style.

Mercedes! A woman after my own heart. :heart: You know how much I love Carolyn.

I concur with Softgrey's comments and would like to add that CBK helped mold my minimalist style. I of course never knew her as a person so I can't begin to judge how she lived her life, but I can admire and respect her innovative and original style. She was geniune beauty who had flawless taste (in clothes and men). Love, love, love her. :heart::heart:

P.S. Back in the old days of tFS, she was always my in my avatar. :heart:

Astrid21 said:
Mercedes! A woman after my own heart. :heart: You know how much I love Carolyn.

I concur with Softgrey's comments and would like to add that CBK helped mold my minimalist style. I of course never knew her as a person so I can't begin to judge how she lived her life, but I can admire and respect her innovative and original style. She was geniune beauty who had flawless taste (in clothes and men). Love, love, love her. :heart::heart:

P.S. Back in the old days of tFS, she was always my in my avatar. :heart:
Astrid, I remember that you liked Carolyn but I never realized how influential she was on your personal style (which I really admire:flower: )

Which is your favourite Carolyn outfit?

koriko said:
Her style is true american classic. It's as if the pictures were taken yesterday on the street. I really miss watching her.
I completely agree. Those 3 outfits are my favourites:heart:

redundant but what the hay

wow- everyone luvs this woman. i guess she really was special. the thing i admire about her most is how she managed to be cutting edge and under-stated at the same time. seems like a contradiction, but, with her, it wasn't. Jackie O was very good at this too.
Anyone think of a current girl with this talent?

Mercedes said:
Astrid, I remember that you liked Carolyn but I never realized how influential she was on your personal style (which I really admire:flower: )

Which is your favourite Carolyn outfit?
:blush: Aw, thank you, Mercedes.

Hmmm...it's hard to pick a favorite, but here's a few that really struck a chord with me. Basically any time she wore Yohji Yamamoto it was a hit for me.

I'll stop there. I could go on for days. :blush:

She did do Yohji beautifully. (Like softgrey commented) CBK was great at simplifying clothing. I really liked how she kept her formal wear simple and effortless looking yet it was so flawless she obviously put care into what she wore.
(all pics http://www.simplycarolyn.com/)
Carolyn29.jpg

I think the best Carolyn fashion moments are definitely when she was dressing casually though. She brought a quiet polished elegance to that side of her style. I love that thick headband that she frequently wore.

Carolyn30.jpg
Carolyn26.jpg
Carolyn28.jpg

Carolyn27.jpg
Carolyn25.jpg

i don't know if astrid posted this...but her pics aren't coming up for me...so...
yohji...

Attachments

• cbkyohji2.jpg
    cbkyohji2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 86
  • cbk yohji2.jpg
    cbk yohji2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 92
Carolyn Bessette Kennedy- My Fashion Icon

The one person I adore as a fashion icon, is the late Carolyn Bessette Kennedy. Her minimalist style worked so well on her. I have my own personal forum that is dedicated to her, so if anyone ever wants to come by, you're more than welcome.

Her style was definetly flawless, and classic.
Here's some photos of her various styles...

Here she's wearing one of my fav designers Yohji Yamamoto

I just love her style to death, and I use her style as inspiration in the clothes I choose. Anyways, my forum URL is under my profile if anyone else wants to come by sometime, and if you can't find it, I'll post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->