Cartier vs. Rolex watches

LAlights

Reaction score
I'm debating between the Cartier Tank Francaise steel watch and the Rolex Datejust 31 mm steel and yellow gold (pretty much just the basic classics from each designer)! I can't decide! Suggestions would be amazing and greatly appreciated!!:D

Either are nice. Some of the diamond encrusted Presidentials are just too gauche for me. What color face on the Rolex? Silver? Jubilee? White? SEL or Jubilee bracelet (3 bands wide or 5) Thing I don't like on the Datejust is it is one of the most counterfeited / copied watches in history.

thanks for your help and input guys! designerleather-i probably would choose white (i know, im boring, haha)

Cartier La Dona is definitely a funky one as well.

I think the bigger question is your personality, is this a day watch? Night? general purpose? Dress up?

I find the Cartier more refined/elegant between the choices you have provided

Yeah, im looking more for an everyday kinda watch! Any suggestions/ recommendations for any other brands (other than Rolex and Cartier) would be awesome too!

I think I'm leaning towards the Cartier...both my parents have a Rolex and i feel like its a bit "grown-up" looking (im in my 20s). Although, when i see mary-kate and ashley with their big funky ones it makes me want one too, though i cant afford a huge all gold rolex hahha

I really like both brands, the tank is a great classic watch and the daytona ss or similar is also a classic timepiece. I think you could also consider Patek 24 as well. It looks like the Tank but costs more. If you are looking for an everyday watch, I think the cartier is a good choice, unless you have seen a MOP etc Rolex that blows you away!!! It can happen. You should go in to the store with an open mind and see what suits you and your lifestyle.

Another thing to consider is how active you are. For everyday use when you are younger, a watch can get banged around a lot. I have always liked the Tag Heuers. (Have 3) though those tend to be more sports watches (spokespeople - Steve McQueen, Tiger Woods, Maria Sharapova)

Baume er Mercier Diamant will be a little less stated than the Cartier, but still and excellent watch.

Movada and Ebel I just find cheap.

If you want a little more feminine, some of the Longines might give a little more flair and a lot more variety in face and bands.

Thank you so much for all of your input!! I will definitely check out the other brands you guys are talking about! Though I have to admit I'm not exactly the most sporty person...but hey, maybe i can just "look" it haha!

Rolex watches are really nice. I went to Ben Bridge last weekend to check out the Rolex watches. I literally choked when I asked for the price for the Gold watch :shock: when I heard $25,000 w/diamonds and $20,000 w/out, my mind froze :ninja::lol:

^patek is indeed awesome !!! and i think their women collection is good ! (calavatra is very good for women, imo)

but if you are a young woman and wanna choose btw cartier and rolex, i'll go for cartier (my mom's got cartier since she's 18 ...) and your choice of tank française is very good ! i'm not sure abt all the models, but if you take it in gold take without diamonds !!!

Cartier for parties and such / Rolex for everyday chores and living

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->