Carven S/S 2024 Paris

And just like that Carven is back...

I like every single look. A very strong and cohesive collection, there is no weak look for me.
I like that it's very clean and very wardrobe-oriented. It's full of everyday pieces but with interesting twists to grab your attention.
This collection also looks very 90s Prada, and it suddenly feels more Prada and the current Prada.
And Suzanne's styling, is just sublime. She just can't do no wrong for me.

Bravo Louise, great debut. Now with the right strategy with good bags and shoes and the suits willing to trust her visions. It could be a new chapter for Carven.

I think it's easily one of the strongest collections of this season. It's relaxed and sporty in a very fascinating way, but there's also the couture side of the aesthetic that works perfectly. The accessories are great, too, as they have an eccentric flare. I hope they'll go further in this direction because it's such a pleasure to look at this show.

I wish Louise the best of luck. I like her!
The collection is very solid, maybe a bit safe, but i spot also some nice pieces that i would love to own.
The shoes on the other hand: a disaster. not even funny. what a pity.

Yeah, this collection feels like a Prada redux. It isn’t bad but doesn’t feel authentic.

I like LT and I love Carven, though I struggle with the season’s silhouette. It’s totally Prada-esque, though with blown up volumes that make it slightly cartoonish in my opinion. Of course there is a buyer and while oversized is in, I’ve always appreciated the houses slimmer tailoring. Also, where are the pants/trousers! They always cut such a sharp pant.

I like it. I saw it in motion first and the rear view made me understand the silhouettes that are not necessarily well translated in stills.

‘I think that given Carven’s contemporary positioning, it’s a very good debut collection. It’s both pragmatic and elevated enough.
I love the accessories, the car coats, the knitwear and the tailoring. My only complaint would be the absence of real flou. I think a good pleated dress is more interesting than whatever transparency thing going on.

i don’t mind the Prada FW2006 tops…

I must say that I’m surprised that they didn’t went for menswear also from the jump. And I kinda expected more colors from Louise as her work for Lacoste had that nice balance.

Carven is not a leading fashion house so this collection is doing the job.
Can’t wait to see the prices and the pieces in person.

Uninspired clothes for uninspired people. And even they won’t buy this.. lol

Uninspired clothes for uninspired people. And even they won’t buy this.. lol
Definitely feeling uninspired enough to buy this. 4 pieces on my wishlist already lol.

Make a couple of fabric changes and alter the styling (like using a fabulous yet odd sling back or platform) and this honestly would be a fantastic yet stock-standard Marni collection.

It is uninspired, but I don't hate it. And frankly that's pretty good considering how this season has been.

A very solid collection. Each look is strong. Not all of them are successful but it’s Carven and I can see that and the energy is also great.

A decent debut for Louise at Carven, it ties in with the things she did at Joseph. The bags are interesting, the shoes could definitely be better, and a shorter hemline here & there and some pops of color wouldn't have hurt. Though she's obviously not a full-on conceptual designer, I'm starting to think Louise would be a better fit for a brand that's slightly less commercial. Til then, I look forward to watching her make Carven less cutesy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->