Cat Swanson

Reaction score
http://www.catswanson.com/

She showed her Fall-Winter collection last week at a trendy little Austin club, has anyone else been following this new designer? Her highwaisted black trousers are on my Christmas list!

apparently she is from a VERY WEALTHY family and so she told her daddy she wanted to be a fashion designer and could she please have a fashion show in ny...and said ''why sho little lady..."
and there you have it...a fashion designer is born...or bought..
i believe she is from texas and that this may be her 3rd collection...i 've only seen the first one...didn't interest me enough to keep paying attention...

FYI... :flower:

I love the title of her Spring 05 collection, "Quetzal." There's a segment about her on one of the Style Network shows. The loss of her father was really sad.

Ouch! I've heard the same thing about her dad backing her. That first Spring collection she did had a few more wearable peices than what she showed the other night..

http://www.catswanson.com/collections/tiger-lily-2004/05-tigerlily.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.catswanson.com/collections/tiger-lily-2004/13-tigerlily.jpg

20-tigerlily.jpg

21-tigerlily.jpg

Originally posted by Atelier@Nov 6 2004, 09:54 PM
I love the title of her Spring 05 collection, "Quetzal." There's a segment about her on one of the Style Network shows. The loss of her father was really sad.
[snapback]421016[/snapback]​
what happened to herr father?...he's was funding this whole thing...
:unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 6 2004, 10:58 PM
what happened to herr father?...he's was funding this whole thing...
:unsure:
[snapback]421049[/snapback]​

From her site:

"In September 2003, Cat Swanson debuted her first collection, Tiger Lily, which premiered at 7th on Sixth in Bryant Park. The collection garnered much attention from the fashion industry with a full page article in The New York Times which lead up to the show. Tiger Lily received rave reviews from WWD and Papermag.com as well as major editorial credits in Gotham, Blackbook, Glamour, Spin, Clear, Planet, Brilliant, Vegas, and Fader magazines. A myriad of music industry celebrities, including Liz Phair, Lil' Kim, and Britney Spears have been seen wearing Cat Swanson designs.

Although the future seemed bright on the forefront, tragedy struck close to home. After surviving a plane crash in Florida on Thanksgiving Day that took the life of her father, Cat Swanson returned to New York to present "Imminent Storm," her Fall/Winter 2004 collection, this season, introducing designs in fur."

well...the collectioins did NOT receive rave reviews... :rolleyes:

but that is completely horrible about her father...must have been a private plane since there haven't been any commercial plane crashes in years....
too bad... :ermm: :neutral:

well...the collectioins did NOT receive rave reviews... :rolleyes:

but that is completely horrible about her father...must have been a private plane since there haven't been any commercial plane crashes in years....
too bad... :ermm: :neutral:

I don't thinks he si bad, but she isn't partiullarly good, she get's to show becuase she is rich, while more talented people don't,but that is how the world works msot of the time.

factorypeople.com sells her stuff

I can name other designers who are only in business because of wealthy parents...it's nothing new.

I don't think she is spectacular, but this one look from F/W 05 was OK

00002.L.JPG

image firstview

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->