Catherine, Princess of Wales (Kate Middleton)

Good eye, Wild Roses. You're right! But I thought it looked fine on Kate.

I like the outfit on Kate too. Besides, if she's going to copy, Princess Diana circa 1995-1997 is a good way to go.

To be fair the royals always favor those matronly suits. Any suit Kate wears will probably look like something Diana wore before.

But to be fair, Diana was dressing like this when that kind of look was fashionable. As fashion has changed since then (and though I don't think Kate's look was intentionally similar) this just proves Kate has a frumpy and outdated sense of style.

Love Diana's Dior bag btw. Chic look

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to point out that the hair thing Kate worn at Anglesey had the Welsh emblem on it, so I think that's why she wore it. I thought it was a nice gesture.

Oh dear - it's the same. Who dresses in an identical way to their fiance's mother did in the 1990s?!

Wow thats unbelievable! Of course its inevitable that Kate would wear suits that look like Diana's but when you also wear the belt and turtleneck the same, doesn't seem like a coincidence anymore.
And I agree, that looked good on Diana because it looked good at that time, but 15 years later it isn't as fashionable. Plus Diana was almost 10 years older than Kate.

march UK Vogue has a very nice article about how British public personnae aren't allowed to dress fashionable. it also mentions how Kate had to take an official engagement pic in something affordable for all.
all in all, I hope she really enjoys her style, I would die if I had to dress so dowdy :smile:

She seems really lovely. I think she's and William are actually a great step to making the Royals seem more, dare I say, normal. As normal as they'll ever be anyway. I think actually as much as I'd love to see her maybe wear something much more edgy, it'll be a push, though I hold out hope that a Burberry trench might slip in there at some point. She is very pretty anyway, and I really do think her style will improve with time. The other European Royals have much more free rein, she, or the Princes would never have the freedom of say, the Casiraghi's

Just flipped through the last pages and IMHO Kate's pretty and happy face overshines all her - however bad - outfits. Must agree with someone 1 page earlier, the bashing she gets here is so obviously not just caused by her fashion choices. I dont even see what's so wrong with being inspired by Diana's outfits. She can never have normal relationship with her mother in law since the Diana died a lot of years ago, and became some sort of goddess for many people. Moreover the turtle neck and boots seem to be somewhat weather appropriate.
And that Daily mail article is beyond ridiculous IMO. I really dislike what the author chose in most cases and she obviously ignores English weather conditions most of the time. But the mere fact that shes paying so much energy to Kate's clothing....God, that woman must have a really boring life!

Oh dear - it's the same. Who dresses in an identical way to their fiance's mother did in the 1990s?!

at least Diana showed much more fashion sense and accessorized it with a Dior bag (not that it would have made much difference in Kate's case)....

her outfit choice was just really embarrassing, and she looked just bad

Just flipped through the last pages and IMHO Kate's pretty and happy face overshines all her - however bad - outfits.

^_^ Indeed.
She does seem extra warm and cheery at the latest events.
And what's more fashionable than a genuine smile?:D

The boots need to go (also the booties she wore at Anglesey). Her style might be safe and a bit boring - but gosh, she's beautiful! Red is definitely a good colour for her.

dAGEzl.jpg

royaldish

Holy cow- even in the HQ's her skin is PERFECT.

I've always gotten a Princess Di vibe from her.

^ Which picture set are you referring to? Her skin looked rough and weathered in photos I've seen. At least she has stopped tanning unlike her sister Pippaloompa.

Why there are so many haters here? it's annoying! Surely she needs a good stylist but come on everyone needs a chance :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"