Catwalk Videos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykidkwis

Reaction score
Moderator's Note:

In an effort to ease the demands on the members who currently rip and upload many of the runway videos that get posted in the thread, as well as to lessen the amount of requests from different members for the same video multiple times, the moderators are asking that everyone consult the newly created Catwalk Videos Directory. In here you will find links to designer's websites, video sharing websites such as youtube and fashion media websites where current season videos can be found. Anyone can add links to this database, so please feel free to update it.

We are asking that everyone take the time to learn how to rip videos for themselves while they are available on these websites so that the handful of members who regularly rip videos for everyone will not feel overwhelmed and the thread won't get bogged down in requests for videos that are easy to get.

One program that's free to download is GetFLV, the newest versions of Real Player enable you to download the FLV files from any website and depending on which web browser you use, there may be an an add-on that allows you to rip FLV files.

Of course this thread is intended as a place where members can look for and share any runway videos that are hard to find/no longer available on any websites, but for those videos that are, we encourage everyone to try getting those videos on their own.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
That black leather bound binder with pictures of the YSL fall 2003 collection in it is called a look book every fashion house produces one, As for the videos I'm a customer of valentino,YSL,chanel etc. boutiques so if I ask for look books,videos etc. they usualy send it to me I may be able to give you advice on obtaining videos or other visuals. Were/Are you a customer of versace when you ordered the video?

No way! I wish i had money to buy their stuff. Yeah...if you have any advice on how to obtain videos i would greatly appreciate it!!!! I would LOVE to own the fall 2003 YSL rive gauche video!

I just replyed to your personal message please get back to me on that so I can help you about it

I can't believe you people actually buy these videos... I know you can request them at Gucci, where they occasionaly play them in the store, but I've never actually heard of people buying the videos. Anyways, at Style.com, there are some videos of past and present collections. Just click the season you want to look at. I don't know if they're just clips, or the full length show because I've never actually watched any of them. But if anyone gets the chance, hit me up and tell me the format.

Also, at dior.com they put up the full show and backstage footage (women's). Check it ot.

Originally posted by ChinaLove@Jan 7th, 2004 - 11:54 am
I can't believe you people actually buy these videos... I know you can request them at Gucci, where they occasionaly play them in the store, but I've never actually heard of people buying the videos. Anyways, at Style.com, there are some videos of past and present collections. Just click the season you want to look at. I don't know if they're just clips, or the full length show because I've never actually watched any of them. But if anyone gets the chance, hit me up and tell me the format.

Also, at dior.com they put up the full show and backstage footage (women's). Check it ot.
I don't buy them I request them at boutiques and my husband works at the dior HQ in paris so I can get videos of any archived collections from dior but I'm also a regular customer of Valentino,Chanel,Dior etc. so they"re happy to give me look books,videos or other visual aids of collections but it can be a little hard to get these if you"re not a customer

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Jan 6th, 2004 - 8:40 pm
That black leather bound binder with pictures of the YSL fall 2003 collection in it is called a look book every fashion house produces one, As for the videos I'm a customer of valentino,YSL,chanel etc. boutiques so if I ask for look books,videos etc. they usualy send it to me I may be able to give you advice on obtaining videos or other visuals. Were/Are you a customer of versace when you ordered the video?
Hi chanel_girl,

Would you happen to know if the fashion houses ever sell lookbooks to students?

Thanks,

~Tashi

If your a customer they'll give it to you no problem but they rarely sell- to anyone

On the other hand....you might be able to get look books if you ask them usualy you can get it but sometimes no

Thank you. I will contact the houses and see if I get any positive responses.

:D

You can buy'em from CBC Sales... CBC is a Canadian TV channel and they do Fashion File (with Tim Blanks)
Luck-luck!

id also like to send my mom who lives in the states for some of the videos ysl,versace,tommyhilfiger and all isnt there a place you can get them on video or dvd for a fair price?

I regularly receive DVD's and Videos from Gucci, Versace, and Dolce & Gabbana...If you go into the Gucci store, they are more than happy to give out a DVD to anyone who asks!

Hi everyone! I just have a general question. If this is not the right forum to post it , feel free to move it.

I was just wondering where I could watch videos of fashion shows online (either old or new).

Thanks for the help.

Well, Dior has the Spring 2004 Haute Couture collection and the S/S 2004 collection on his website at www.dior.com under Live. :flower:

Ralph Lauren has his shows at runway.polo.com. Versace has some clips of their shows at www.versace.com. There is a video of the S/S 2004 show for John Galliano at www.johngalliano.com . Hope this helps! :flower:

www.style.com has viedeos of a lot of shows, but I don't think they have any for fall04 yet

if you check out their coverage of the s/s04 , f/w03 or s/s03 seasons you can find some great clips of some runway shows

Originally posted by lucy@Feb 17th, 2004 - 9:35 pm
Hi everyone! I just have a general question. If this is not the right forum to post it , feel free to move it.

I was just wondering where I could watch videos of fashion shows online (either old or new).

Thanks for the help.
I don't know where you are , but if you have a broadband internet connection' www.ftv.com ' has videos online , and , of course , if you are in a part of the world that the satellite channels reach , eg Europe , Russia , parts of Asia , Australia etc , you can get your fill of fashion videos for both women and men , 24/7 ! Full reception details are given on this very coprehensive site . FTV is actually ' free to air - eg ' unencrypted ' , on Eutelsat Hotbird and Astra 1 , in Europe .

Just go to the website and look for yourself . B)

KIT :innocent:

Originally posted by Salvatore@Feb 17th, 2004 - 9:48 pm
Well, Dior has the Spring 2004 Haute Couture collection and the S/S 2004 collection on his website at www.dior.com under Live. :flower:

I just saw the newest Dior ones on the official website. Although they did get a bit long, it was amazing since I felt as if I was actually there! :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"