Caycee Black

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Kristen May Lee, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Kristen May Lee

Kristen May Lee New Member

[​IMG]
    Designer Caycee Black www.CayceeBlack.com

Caycee Black balances her work as a painter, ballerina and fashion designer. After graduating from Parsons School of Design New York in 2003 and working for Anna Sui, Club monaco, TIBI, and Reed Krakoff, Black has now launched her own label. The Fall 2009 premiere namesake collection received Best New Designer titles in WWD, Daily Candy and Lucky Magazine. She treats each season as her own story to tell by incorporating her paintings into prints with the influence of film and dance. Black has also recently delved into music. She collaborates with bands The Depreciation Guild, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, Regina Spektor, and ZAZA, styling performances, photoshoots and music videos. The 29-year-old Houston, Texas native now works and resides in her loft in Brooklyn, New York.
    [​IMG]
    This red head model is Camille and she was used in a Caycee Black look book as well as Chloe Sevigny's for Opening Ceremony!!!

Last year I did an interview for TFS with Caycee Black!

http://www.thefashionspot.com/celeb...xclusive-interview-with-designer-caycee-black

[​IMG]
    She is one of the few young designers in NYC doing such detailed knit wear!

Anyhow I haven't seen a thread here on her yet surprisingly. The Daily Candy elected her their "Sweetest Things" award. "The Pains of Being Pure at Heart" used all her stuff in one of their latest video. Regina Spektor was seen wearing one of her garments on a live performance on TV. This designing lovely is sticking around for the long haul!

Oh I just found out she has a tumblr account! She is posting future inspiration ideas and hints of sketches for the next collection.