Cdg Homme Plus A/w 2004/5

Johnny

Reaction score
Does anyone - anyone - know of anywhere - anywhere - where you can get access to some photos of this show. I have seen one or two and I think it will be a classic, but for some reason all of the websites I've checked do not have a photo set. I've had two further near sneak previews. First a shop owner which stocks CDG flicked through his buying order book with me to show me what he'd bought but it was just a set of line drawings. From his description however, the sweaters and jackets sounded amazing! Interesting also to see from that the mark up - the book showed his purchase price plus his sale price (to customers). At least 100% every time, mostly more than that. I didn't see anything, including jackets, that would have cost him more than Euro 300!
Second there were a bundle of original photos sitting at the cash desk of the Paris store when I was there at the start of this month, but they were snapped away from under my nose by the typically CDG sales assistant. Close but no cigar!

Anyway any help would be appreciated

It is amazing no site have ever posted a picture from this show. I also have searched everywhere:-)

Second that. Please post! Anything!

hey johnny-great to meet another cdg lover..wish i could help you with your quest...i'll let you know if i come across anything... you too ngth... :flower:

OK thanks .

Don't want to go too far off topic, but be interested to hear your voews on the current SS collection. For me it's a bit disappointing - not so much in the way of interesting fabric/construction (although in realtion to the latter there are some overly elaborate jackets which can also be bags). Knitwear especially lacking.

The JW collection for summer is much better IMO - have already bought a couple of the jackets, one in kakhi, the other, a safari style one in blue striped shirt fabric. V Nice. Also some nice but incrediblely baggy trousers. Some of the military detailing on those is actually a little too authentic!

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Originally posted by Johnny@Mar 18th, 2004 - 12:03 pm
OK thanks .

Don't want to go too far off topic, but be interested to hear your voews on the current SS collection. For me it's a bit disappointing - not so much in the way of interesting fabric/construction (although in realtion to the latter there are some overly elaborate jackets which can also be bags). Knitwear especially lacking.

The JW collection for summer is much better IMO - have already bought a couple of the jackets, one in kakhi, the other, a safari style one in blue striped shirt fabric. V Nice. Also some nice but incrediblely baggy trousers. Some of the military detailing on those is actually a little too authentic!

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
Agreed, I didn't see a single CdG piece I wanted to get this season neither for me nor for my wife. I find Watanabe's men's collection also not as strong as his past 4 (or is it 3?), but I really love the sweaters he did - exquisite wool. I'm going to buy one, a dark blue with a peace sign stitched out on the sleeve at 70% off at Saks (I honestly think I'm the only man who visits Saks who knows JW).

I already posted for pictures a while back. havent foudn any. :( :cry:

It is supos to be veyr amaizng though.

I was a bit dispointed witht his springs Comme Des garcons homme line, btu overall i really leikt he flroal rpints and coloures for men.

The Junya Watanabe MAN was amazing! I lvoe the whole collection to death, I whant it all!!!!!!!!

CDg women wa beyond amaizng though, so pure, so creative. :heart:

Thanks for the help guys. Intertesting about the multi-brand store, hadn't heard about that. Perhaps something like corso como. The CDG store in London isn't the best - it's fairly basic, and it's actually just a franchise concesion of Browns. CDG could do with something a bit "bigger" and more exciting in London.

Re Faust: "I really love the sweaters he did - exquisite wool. I'm going to buy one, a dark blue with a peace sign stitched out on the sleeve at 70% off at Saks (I honestly think I'm the only man who visits Saks who knows JW). "

I think I know the one you mean (short sleeved?). Is that 70% off already from the current collection!! How is that? Do Saks do mail order? Even with customs etc to UK that would be so much cheaper. It's a nice sweater though, I agree.

I also agree that the woman's collectin this summer is amazing. my wife who is not a CDG fan almost bought one of the skirts. Really beautiful construction and finishing, and suprisingly wearable

Comme USED to be VERY popular in the UK , but of late , the number of stores stocking the various lines has shrunk .

BROWN'S concession always has the biggest selection , with Harvey Nicks having some things and provincial boutiques like POLLYANNA and FLANNELS having a selection .

I was told by a boutique owner in Manchester , who used to stock the men's line , that Rei tends to be a very wilful designer , sticking to what SHE wants to put out , rather than attempt to make items that will sell . He stopped stocking the line for this reason and concentrates on Yamamoto , and the Belgian designers .

I have a couple of jackets from the Homme Plus collection of 1997 and they are perennial favourites , but I have not been tempted much since then .

Incidentally , it was reported in the fashion press that the Comme des Garcons Homme line ( as opposed to the Homme Plus line ) is to be revamped for this coming A/W but will only be on sale in Japan and in Paris . It will be interesting to see what they do with it , as the Junya Watanabe Homme line has taken so much of the limelight recently .

Regards ,

KIT

Originally posted by Johnny@Mar 19th, 2004 - 5:11 am
Thanks for the help guys. Intertesting about the multi-brand store, hadn't heard about that. Perhaps something like corso como. The CDG store in London isn't the best - it's fairly basic, and it's actually just a franchise concesion of Browns. CDG could do with something a bit "bigger" and more exciting in London.

Re Faust: "I really love the sweaters he did - exquisite wool. I'm going to buy one, a dark blue with a peace sign stitched out on the sleeve at 70% off at Saks (I honestly think I'm the only man who visits Saks who knows JW). "

I think I know the one you mean (short sleeved?). Is that 70% off already from the current collection!! How is that? Do Saks do mail order? Even with customs etc to UK that would be so much cheaper. It's a nice sweater though, I agree.

I also agree that the woman's collectin this summer is amazing. my wife who is not a CDG fan almost bought one of the skirts. Really beautiful construction and finishing, and suprisingly wearable
The one I saw had the long sleeves. Barneys has the one with short sleeves (it's a different stitching though), but they also have more discerning customers :P

No, 70% off will be in July - I'm sorry if I got you all excited. :wink: I'm pretty sure Saks will do mail order, but I would imagine you'd have to tell them what exactly you are looking for.

You are right about CdG store in London, it's tiny and understocked. I was unpleasantly surprised on my visit to London.

Originally posted by kit@Mar 19th, 2004 - 8:29 am
Incidentally , it was reported in the fashion press that the Comme des Garcons Homme line ( as opposed to the Homme Plus line ) is to be revamped for this coming A/W but will only be on sale in Japan and in Paris . It will be interesting to see what they do with it , as the Junya Watanabe Homme line has taken so much of the limelight recently .

Regards ,

KIT
I have read that the Homme line will be designed directly by both Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe.

It is the first time that they "joint force" (as the press said) to work that close and for refreshing their very commercial line? I have read Junya saying that he has full freedom at work (for his own line) and Rei doesn't really know what he works on.

The multi-brand could be the next Corso Como, imo:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->